Boston huh?
Today started as any other day with Kaitlyn home in the MTC. She was still anxious to see if any news of a reassignment would come her way but she didn't let that take over her focus and she continued on her calls.
It wasn't until my phone rang at 3:32pm with a call from President Haynie that I knew we were being reassigned. I took my phone down to Kaitlyn and interrupted her time on her Zoom call. And I didn't leave! I stood right there and listened as she heard where she is headed.
Kaitlyn has been reassigned to labor in the Massachusetts, Boston mission. We don't know for how long or what language (although there are 5 Portuguese wards so maybe she will have a chance to speak the language she is engrossed herself into learning) she will be speaking. What we do know is that there is a bunch of shopping that needs to be altered, more things that she will need (ie: a warm/waterproof coat, snow boots, wool socks, a cell phone, etc) and part of me is super frustrated. I wish at this moment that the church would have at least assigned her to someplace warm so her Brazil gear would work. Nonetheless, we will figure it out.
Her Mission President was actually born in Recife, Brazil and that excites me for Kaitlyn. He just was called into the President calling not too long ago. I hope that will help ease Kaitlyn if there are any reservations about this change to know that someone from her actual mission will be with her in Boston. Crazy how that stuff lines up. There is also a temple in Boston which hopefully means that one day when it is all open and the Covid crazy settles, Kaitlyn will have a chance to be inside the temple while on her mission.
Boston is beautiful and I think other than the cold she will love it. She will muster the cold just fine and she doesn't really complain much so I am sure she would never admit just how crappy the cold is when she knows dang good and well her original call was to a beach environment year round.![]() |
| Boston, MA |
Coming for you Boston,
Missionary Momma



