Thoughts from your Mom
It's the morning of Day 2 of having you home in the MTC. It's quiet and the kids are slowly going to start getting moving to get their day going and head out the door to school. I actually fell in love with school mornings and the time I get with kids when you were in school. Those quiet mornings always seemed to stir some of our best conversations. It's like in the silence of those walls, trust comes out and I always learn more with each day.
Today, I have you on my mind as I know you are down moving about and getting yourself ready to be a missionary again for the 2nd day in a row. I can hear the bathroom door open and close, I can hear drawers slide open and shut, and I can feel the peace that you have brought into our home by making this choice. It is weird that even though you aren't quietly here next to me talking to me and telling me all things, I still feel a sense of closeness like never before.
I watched you last night as you talked with us and you made a game plan to make flashcards to help you learn the language. I watched and listened. And while that all took place I couldn't help but feel a bit of a tug at those Mom heart strings. I thought I knew you. By that I mean, for 19 years I have watched as you have made choices and as you have grown into the amazing young lady you are. But today I feel as though you are someone EVEN BETTER than I could have ever imaged. Just 24 short hours in and you are already better than I could have dreamed up. You have trusted your Heavenly Father and you have allowed Him to change you. And holy cow...I am in awe that I get to be in such company.
Kaitlyn, you are going to be an amazing missionary and you are going to do great things. You are going to blaze paths you are unaware of (as am I as of right now) and I cannot wait to see what the Lord has in store for you. He clearly has saved you for the best of the best and He trusts you with all He has. He knows that no matter the task you will do your best and He knows that you will turn to Him in all things and the accomplishments of the both of you working together means that nothing is impossible.
I don't know how it will be any easier in 6 weeks to let you 'go' off to a mission after experiencing what I have in a short 24 hours but I will count my blessings as each minute of each day goes by that you are home and I can feel of your testimony and love of this Gospel. Thank you for making the choice to serve. Thank you for trusting in your Heavenly Father and for loving Him in all things.
I am so proud of you,
Mom