Week 2 Email : The one with the Reassignment

From: Kaitlyn.Garcia@missionary.org
Date: Saturday, January 23, 2021
Subject: The One with the Reassignment

Ola a todos! 

I hope you're all doing well and I hope that your Saturday is going well too! Now I'm not going to drag this on any further because I'm sure you all saw the subject line. :) On Friday I received a call saying that I've been temporarily reassigned due to Brazil being closed because of COVID-19. Drum roll please......
I'VE BEEN REASSIGNED TO THE BOSTON MASSACHUSETTS MISSION!!! 
I'm so beyond excited to go serve the people in Boston (and hopefully Brazil too!) I'm going to continue with my 6 week MTC training and I will head out to Boston around the 22 of February. When Brazil opens up again, (hopefully) I’ll be able to head down there. It was actually kind of a funny story too of how I got my reassignment haha! While in class on Thursday my whole distrito (except for me and Sister Boyce) got theirs! It was so exciting to hear where everyone is going! Late Thursday night Sister Boyce got her phone call with her reassignment too! That means I was the last one standing and it was killing me! I was so nervous, but so excited too. I just wanted to know! Then on Friday during my last class I finally got the call! It's crazy that I've only been in the MTC for 1 week and I already have my reassignment. Boston has a Portuguese speaking mission (I think like 5 wards) so who knows, I may get to use my Portuguese! 
Okay now that that's out of the way here's my weekly recap! Meu distrito learned that sometimes the WiFi in Brazil is not so great haha! One of my teachers, Irmao Aravena was teaching on Monday when his WiFi totally went out and he left the zoom call! It was so funny because all of a sudden we had no teacher in the middle of class. On Tuesday I guess it was my turn to have some technical difficulties. I jumped on my zoom call and my internet was not having it I guess and decided that it didn't want to be my friend, so I had to use my phone. I've never been more grateful for my phone in my life! We got to teach people this week too! Minha companheira, Sister Williams and I got to teach almost everyday this week. It's definitely hard, because of the language but we tried our best and I think it went pretty well. :) It's a little nerve-wrecking, but it's so fun too! We also learned that we get to teach a real life investigator for 4 weeks! Irmao Barroso (my other teacher) 'introduced' him to us. He just sent a little paragraph about himself so we kind of could get an idea of who he is. His name is Claudio and we get to teach him for 15 minutes, twice a week, for 4 weeks. I think as a district we're excited but nervous too haha! The language is coming slowly but surely. It's a lot of language rules and conjugations to memorize! But the amount of things that I'm able to say for only 1 week is pretty crazy when I think about it. 
Spiritual Thought 
If I'm being honest I always read the spiritual thoughts at the end of all my friends' emails and was so excited for the day that I would be able to share my own :) So here it is! This past week I was reading in Alma 32. Let me just tell you that after you read a chapter like that you start to rethink and re evaluate your life haha! Not in a bad way, but you just start to look at things a little differently. Anyways, Alma is teaching the Zoramites how they can be better people in their faith. They start to get upset and want a sign from God as a reward that they're doing the right thing. Alma tells them that God doesn't work like that unless it's absolutely necessary. That got me to thinking about looking for the big, grand gestures in my own life. I think we all get so caught up in looking for the things that are big and easy to see, when what we really need to be focusing on is the small things. God works in all sorts of mysterious and wonderful ways, but if we are so focused on the big things, we miss the small things that really matter. 
Thank you guys for taking the time to read this email and for sending me emails too! Thank you for all your kind words, messages, and packages too! I love hearing from all you guys! You guys are amazing! I hope you have the best week! Eu amo voces! 
ps.just because I'm going to Boston does not mean that I'm going to be a Red Sox fan either ;) 
Pictures! 
- Elder Showalter showing off his awesome heart glasses 
- WE HIT ONE WEEK PEOPLE! 
- mini chips ahoy were a lifesaver this week 
- a quote I found after I got my reassignment:) 
- my fat stack of flash cards for studying!

Peace out week 2!

Missionary Momma

Popular posts from this blog

Mom's Talk: Sunday, July 10, 2022

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom