3rd times the Charm??
One of the requirements to get Kaitlyn to Boston and not have to worry about a quarantine period is to get a very specific Covid-19 test. A PCR test to be exact and they want it taken within 72 hours of her flying into Boston. She flies into Boston on Tuesday and is scheduled to arrive at 4:30pm. That means I needed to have her scheduled for a test no earlier than Saturday at 5pm (just to give us a little breathing room for delays in a flight, etc).
I grabbed Kaitlyn and ran to Walgreens on Thursday the 18th after speaking with a pharmacy technician there. There has been a horrible cold front that brought tons of snow and ice across the country and it is currently delaying testing. I figured better be safe than sorry and this could be trial run to see how long it is actually going to take. So...off to Walgreens, a swab of a nose, and then back to the house so Kaitlyn could get back to her computer Zoom for some of her final classes.
Life continued on normal with classes, family time, getting some packing done, and then Sunday she had another (pre-scheduled) Covid test at the Walgreens for her test that I knew would be accepted if we could get results back. Mind you, we still don't have results back from her test on Thursday so this Mom is starting to worry. I do not want to send her to Boston to have to quarantine and feel like she is back at home again. One more test, a couple more circles in her nose, swab deposited into the tube, passed back to the tech behind the glass panel, and away we go.
Back home I am religiously checking the website to see if we can get any sort of result from the Thursday test. Still nothing...I have faith. I know the Lord knows my concerns right?
..............................................................................................................
Monday morning, the day before she flies, I am panicking something fierce. She is readying her suitcases, she is anticipating her flight. We have a few last minute errands to run and I still have no results. The message I get on the internet says that due to the storms there is a significant delay and the lab has yet to receive either of her samples. What the heck? So, I call Jaime. She works at Intermountain and maybe she can help pull some strings. Thankfully she did just that. She told us where to go and whose name to drop so we could get the sample to the lab rushed so we could have results before Kaitlyn landed.
This time wasn't a simple swab in the nostril however. Poor Kaitlyn had to have her brain touched! Her eyes were watering so bad and she felt a tickle for most of the day after. She even ended up having a bloody nose that afternoon because her poor nose and nostril had been so violated. :/ But...by the end of the day the sample was in the lab and I wasn't too worried about her having to quarantine on her arrival into Boston. Thanks Jaime! You were just what the Lord knew I needed.
Here's hoping the 3rd time is the charm,
Missionary Momma
