Boston arrival letter from Mom
February 23, 2021
Kaitlyn
YOU MADE IT TO BOSTON!!! I am sure as you got off the plane you had people waiting for you and embraced you as soon as they saw you. I have faith that as a Mom someone is there waiting to love on you and take care of you and make sure you are watched over and all your wants/needs/concerns/etc will be taken care of. And I do. I know that Heavenly Father knows my desires of my heart and He will take care of them on my behalf while you are away.
Today has been a long day of travel and I am sure you are exhausted. Emotions tend to get in the way of it too and that will cause drain on ones body for sure. You will hopefully sleep well tonight and you will wake up ready to crush day 1 of being in the actual mission – FINALLY right?!
I know as I lay my head down tonight I will pray a prayer of gratitude and thanks. For knowing that you have been watched over and protected and welcomed into a new loving state. I know you will love your companion and you will respect and serve your Mission President the best you can. You will be welcomed by those saints and those who don’t know you yet in Boston and they will take care of you as well. Your companion will teach you things and you will teach her. Remember to be open to all things but steadfast in who you are. Never ever ever change who you are.
Our home is better for having you in it as you studied in the MTC/CTM (whatever you wanna call it!) There was a tender sweet spirit that resided within the walls of our home and I will miss that greatly. I loved listening to you as I walked by your room, as I listened to you on a Zoom call, and as you prayed in our home. Man have you put in the work. Can you imagine how amazing you will be when this is all said and done? I cannot even fathom because the changes I have already witnessed have been so great. Thank you for your love and for your example to all of us. Thank you for keeping the peace and for reminding us by your actions that we all have a greater purpose in life and that as long as we keep our Savior as our main focus, all things of the world truly don’t matter.
I love you more than you will ever truly be able to know. I am cheering you on today and for always. Go get this mission thing and make it the best quick 16 months of your life! I love you for forever and for always.
To the moon and back,
Mom