Boston!!

 Boston officially has my heart! I got a text from Kaitlyn at 1:43pm saying simply "I'm here!!! Love you!" And then I stalked the Boston mission facebook page for any sort of update to let me know that she had been picked up, where she was staying maybe, and maybe, just maybe a glance at her face. 

I didn't see any sort of update on the Mission facebook page for some time but I did get the sweetest text from Mike and Darsi Dowling. They are essentially a senior couple who helps missionaries transition and familiarize when arriving. The text string between us is below:

- Mike & Darsi "Jen, met your sweet daughter this afternoon. Very nice and personable. She is headed to Connecticut tomorrow after spending tonight in a local hotel. We'll try to keep an eye out for her" They also included these sweet photos

- My reply "Oh goodness! Thank you so very much for the check in. She looks so happy and that makes my heart swell for her"

- Mike & Darsi "(thumbs up emoji) She does seem to be relaxed and not overwhelmed which is great because this could be overwhelming. Good home training."


And then I waited some more. I know she has arrived and I know people have accounted for her but I would REALLY love to hear from her. And FINALLY it happened! 

Kaitlyn sent the following pictures and said she had arrived to the hotel room she would be staying at for the evening.

I really love seeing goofy playful Kaitlyn already in a photo!

 It was 5:49pm Utah time when I got these today. 7:49pm in Boston. She has got to be exhausted! I am and I didn't spend a day with all the feels in the world plus traveling and going into a new unknown when I landed on my last leg like she did. I cannot begin to understand how she must be feeling. 

Kaitlyn called to check in and tell me she had arrived at the hotel. The other Sisters in her room were on phone calls as well. They had been given a brown bag dinner to take with them because due to Covid, they cannot be hosted at the mission home or stay to eat at the church. She said she was tired, good but tired. I asked her if she had had anything to eat and she said that when they arrived in Detroit the whole slew of them decided on Subway to grab lunch. There was a kind gentleman who went ahead and purchased all 7 sandwiches for these traveling missionaries! So yes, she ate! How great to know that less than 12 hours in as a missionary, someone else is keeping an eye on her and taking care of her while she is away. 

She said she is headed to Connecticut and they will head back to the church in the morning. And then it was time to hang up. And now it is time for me to rally myself for the rest of us left home and pull together for prayer and to call it a night. I am so pleased to know she is there and that she traveled safely. 

This momma is SLEEPY,

Missionary Momma


Popular posts from this blog

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom