Christian got his call!

Christian submitted his mission papers one week ago on Tuesday, February 8th. He was hoping to receive his call while Kaitlyn was home so that she could be a part of him opening that. 

We all anticipated a text coming in in the morning since that is when everyone else seems to receive theirs but after checking in multiple times while he was at school, there was no text received. And even though he was sad to think that Kaitlyn wouldn't be here for him to open it he was okay with it too. He has total trust that it will come in due time.

Fast forward to after school. I was busy working on the computer, Kaitlyn was down in class, and Brooklyn was upstairs playing Fortnite. Tyler was gone running some errands so he wasn't home either. While I was in the office I hear this crash on the stairs so I hollered "are you ok? What happened?" and I heard Christian reply with "Hang on a minute" but I could hear in his voice that he was hurting so I ran to the stairs leading up from the basement and he was bent over but his arm was outreached and his phone was in his hand. He was trying to hand it off to me so I could see this

Notice the freaking time! We thought for sure it would be here in the morning like everyone else that we know but NOPE! 3:11pm. Anyways....so he sat on the stair for a minute while I stared at his phone. Then he made his way upstairs to the kitchen and said he was feeling a little light headed so he sat down on the couch. I went down to get cookies out of the freezer, poked my head in to let Kaitlyn know it was here, and then headed upstairs. Christian crashing on the stairs in his excitement and then the excitement of getting his call had him a little drained in color but it has come back by the time I got upstairs thankfully. He said he was going to go to the temple to read his call and he would be back. Yet again...I am home waiting for a child to return so I can learn where the Lord has called him. 

By the time Christian got home I had cookies out and thawing and was anticipating that he would want to open this tonight. I couldn't be more thrilled for him and couldn't wait for him to read his call to us! What I wasn't anticipating was WHERE that call would take him. Are you ready for it? Benin, Cotonou AFRICA!

Street of Benin
Benin Residents
Cotonou Africa

Benin Africa Flag
CRAZY! But so exciting. The good news is that the Ghana temple is in his mission so just like Kaitlyn, there will be a temple in the mission. I don't know how much he will get to go but I am happy to know that the temple and the blessings of having a temple are there.

Christian opted to have friends over tonight and have them guess just like we did with Kaitlyn. I love love love that Kaitlyn is home and that she gets to be a part of this with Christian. I won't lie, I am also certain that he is grateful she is here too. She sure wanted us to tell her but Christian wanted her to be surprised just like she did with his so it worked out great!

When it goes out into the internet world you realize just how REAL it is
Infamous Natalie cookies for the attendees
Map of guesses
These two...one on a mission, one freshly called

My heart burst into a gazillion pieces tonight. It was incredible to watch as Christian announced his call and then to turn to the smile that existed on Kaitlyn's face. You could just see the light of Christ in her and you could feel the happiness that she had for him in making this choice. 

One more missionary to add to our world. One more list of to do's to take care of. One more passport, one more round of shots, one more shopping trip, and one more experience we can't quite comprehend just yet. Kaitlyn has been a source of strength and a clear example of doing what is right. Tonight I call it a night and am sure grateful that these two are mine.

xoxo,

Missionary Momma (now times 2!!)



Popular posts from this blog

Mom's Talk: Sunday, July 10, 2022

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom