The official 1st Big Day

Kaitlyn is in Boston and today her plan was to head back to the church they met at yesterday for a day of transfers throughout the mission. Some of her friends from Herriman High are in this mission and have given her a heads up of who she may end up with but she was open to whatever played out and was excited to hopefully see these guys from school. 

It didn't take long to find some pieces of home and to gather for the making of the Herriman "H". I thought this was like a hand symbol for the temple so I was real glad she explained!
 

I didn't hear from Kaitlyn after she sent a text this morning about her experience working out so I was a bit crazy and kept pulling up the find my iPhone app on my phone to see if I could see where she was. I watched as she traveled across state lines and I watched as she stopped at Sonic for what I am assuming was lunch. I watched as she landed in Connecticut and then I watched as her phone found a happy stopping point that I would later show Tyler and he would have it pulled up on the Google Maps so we could 'see' what area she was in.

Traveling on I-84
She landed here on Golden Street and then her phone didn't move anymore

 

I waited and waited to hear from Kaitlyn in hopes that she could touch basis and let me know she was safe and that all was well but it didn't happen. I had some tears over it and I will admit that I was feeling a little sad about it all but I also had to snap out of it because this is what I am afraid is going to be the new 'norm' having her on a mission. She will be able to reach out on  Mondays for P-Day and I am going to have to learn how to deal with it.

After countless hours of tracking on a silly app I came to the acceptance of knowing she was in her new home and that she was probably busy getting settled in. And I wouldn't be able to track anymore if she left because I am sure her new phone is set up and the phone I can see will be on its way home to me for safe keeping until her return. I feel like this is going to be a long week of waiting and wondering. I am not sure how to feel and I don't know if I email her or what approach to take but for now I am going to turn off my tracking app and I am going to call it a night. 

She made it to Connecticut,

Missionary Momma

 


Popular posts from this blog

Mom's Talk: Sunday, July 10, 2022

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom