Travel Plans for Boston are HERE!!

FINALLY! It wasn't first first thing in the morning today but it was early enough that it gave a sense of great peace for Kaitlyn. Kaitlyn came running out to me while I was on the treadmill and said she had FINALLY received her flight plans in order to get her to Boston.

When we took a look at it, I will admit, my heart began to ache an ache I haven't experienced in a long time. I am not ready to let her go. Even though on another hand I am so excited for her. So  many mixed emotions on letting a child (who by the way is SO ready to go out into this world) go out and do her own thing. I took a look at the date, I guess hoping it would change and we would get her a little longer, and it was still scheduled for Tuesday the 23rd. 

Kaitlyn will fly out of Salt Lake City on Tuesday, February 23rd at 6:00am. That is going to be an early day...and one with emotions I cannot simply fathom at this time. She has a flight from Salt Lake to Detroit where she will have a layover for roughly 2.5 hours. I already hurt for her that she will have to do this travel without me. I know she will be fine. She can do it but I have always been by her and I have always enjoyed the layover wait where we get to chat, grab a snack or two, and then get on our way to a final destination. I wish I could travel with her! Anyways, from Detroit she will then head off to Boston. She is scheduled to arrive to Boston at 4:05pm. 

I know this helps Kaitlyn on what to anticipate for some next steps in her mission and getting to her reassignment, but it makes this whole thing seem SO real to me. We have a countdown happening silently because my heart simply cannot take one that is staring us in the face. 

Ready or not, I guess I have to send her,

Missionary Momma

Popular posts from this blog

Mom's Talk: Sunday, July 10, 2022

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom