From: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Saturday, February 6, 2021
Subject: The one with the new teachers
Oi!
I hope you all are having a great Saturday and had the best
week! This week I officially entered week 4 of my CTM experience and it
was amazing! Last week I mentioned that I would be getting new teachers
that only speak Portuges, and let me just say they're amazing! They're
super nice and really patient with not only me, but my whole district as
we try to use the language as much as we possibly can. My new teacher's
names are Irmao Pimenta (or Irmao Pepper!) and Irmao Moroni. I
absolutely love them! Such a cool opportunity and experience to have 4
teachers in the at home CTM! I'm so grateful for the gift of tongues
too! I was nervous to start this week knowing that I was going to
struggle a little bit understanding what my teachers said. Luckly,
they understand English so if I really don't know what I'm doing they're
able to help me. Irmao Moroni will actually slip into English every now
and then too, so that's kind of nice haha! Here's my highlights from
the week:)
-I love that my new teachers remind me in some ways of my old teachers! It's kind of like a familiarity :)
-The
first day with Irmao Pimenta, he told us that we were going to have a
battle cry haha! That just shows what kind of teacher he is! I love it!
-I've been living in fuzzy socks! I have found that the love I had for them before, is now a lot stronger haha!
-We
talked a little bit this week about making mistakes too. Those of you
that know me, know that I don't like to make mistakes or to be a little
behind, but Irmao Pimenta told us that we all are going to make
mistakes. We're all human and that's what life is for! We need to make
mistakes, learn from them, and move on!
-The chronicles of bad Brazil WiFi continue! Irmao Moroni is the new Irmao Aravena when it comes to WiFi struggles
-TRC
is going great! The language is getting easier to understand and to
speak! There are still a few weird words to say because of the nasally
sounds I have to make, but I'm getting there:) Sister Williams and I are
making really great progress with 'Claudio' and I love teaching him!
Spiritual Thought
This
week, my testimony of prayer was strengthened! It sounds really cliche
and what every missionary ever says, but it really was! I had a handful
of moments that I felt like all I was doing and all that I could do was
to pray. Prayer is such an amazing gift that we all have to receive
strength and guidance. I found a quote that I love that says, "Prayer is
more powerful than your obstacles." It's so true! In D&C 26:12 it
says "For my soul delighteth in the song of the heart; ya, the song of
the righteous is a prayer unto me, and it shall be answered with a
blessing upon their heads." I promise that prayer is so so powerful!
Through prayer we are able to gain so many blessings too. And if you
don't believe me, you should give it a try;)
This
week really flew by! Holy cow! It's crazy to think that 4 weeks have
already happened and that I've been a missionary for this long. I love
this work so so much! It's the hardest thing that I've ever done (at
least up to this point haha) but it's also THE most rewarding thing I've
ever done too. Thank you for reading this far! I know some of you guys
have crazy busy Saturdays! Feel free to email me! I love hearing from
all you guys! You can follow me on Facebook too, sometimes I post some
quality content on there too ;) I hope you all have a great Saturday and
the best week!
Eu amo voces!
- Sister Garcia
Pictures!
-A really pretty sunset that my sister actually captured for me :)
-Probably my new favorite painting by Kate Lee
-Our weekly picture of course;)
-Just a picture to go with my thoughts today
This has been a hard week around home. Everyone in Kaitlyn's district has received flight plans for them to head off to their reassignments but we still sit and wait. As the Mom I am anxious but I have total Faith and Trust in all of this to work out but I imagine for poor Kaitlyn it has to be so hard! Meanwhile, we continue to sit back and watch as the growth within this sweet spirit fills our home. Kaitlyn is working her guts out and she is doing such a great job in relying on her Heavenly Father when times get a little discouraging.
I am so proud of you Kaitlyn and even though I am sure it is getting harder and harder as the days go by to still be at home, I am sure grateful for all you are adding to our home while you are living the CTM life. Let's hope that flight plans come through. (Even if I am not sure I am really ready to let that trip happen! Ha)
Love you more today than yesterday,
Missionary Momma