Week 5 Email: The one with my flight plans!

From: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Saturday, February 13, 2021
Subject: The One with My Flight Plans!

Ola todos! 
I hope you all had a good Super Bowl weekend! ;) This week was jam packed with so many pictures, grammar lessons, and so much more! That being said, I'm just going to get into it! 

-I GOT MY FLIGHT PLANS! I was the last one in my district (again!) to get my flight plans, but I officially have them! I fly on February 23! So soon! Looking at the flight plans, it's actually not too bad of a flight so I'm super excited :) I'm just excited to get to Boston haha!
-This week my district and I decided to make things a little interesting and do dress up days! Very similar to High School dress up days before big dances like Homecoming or Prom. We had a slight advantage though, because we can change our backgrounds on zoom. We had a Christmas, New Years, tourist, cowboys, and to finish the week off Valentines! We also had to incorporate some funny pictures of each other, so of course those made it into the zoom backgrounds too. 
-Little update on TRC! We got a new 'investigator' this week! Super exciting! It's so crazy that Sister Williams and I are able to teach full 15 minute lessons and have someone understand them. Teaching is actually so fun and I love being able to use what I have learned over the past few weeks :) 
- We learned about this super cool martial arts thing this week called Capoeira! You should definitely look that up! It's a mix between martial arts and like street dancing basically. I spent a few minutes looking into it and it looks like an absolute party!
- I got to meet the AMAZING Sister Williams in person this week! We're the only two in our district from Utah so of course we had to make it work :) We had planned it all week and we said NOTHING to our district, so we could surprise them with a picture together. She's amazing! I think everyone needs a Sister Williams in their lives:) It's such a cool thing though that we met over a simple zoom link and we got to meet in person! 
Spiritual Thought for This Week
This week we focused a lot on just talking and teaching people. It was interesting because you go to the CTM to learn that very thing, but I never realized how simple it really is. As humans we tend to overcomplicate a lot of things, but in reality we really don't need to, there's no reason! We just need to keep everything simple! Irmao Moroni asked us all a question that really stuck with me. He asked, "If you were teaching your best friend, how would you teach this?" Everyone we come in contact with and teach should be equivalent to our best friends. When we talk to anyone, it doesn't even have to be gospel related, we should talk to them like we've known them for years. I was reminded of the scripture in John 13:34. It says, "A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that we also love one another." I love love love that! There is so so much crazy in the world right now (and will always be!), but if we do that one simple thing and follow the 'Golden Rule', it makes life so much more enjoyable. Super simple thought for this week, but I needed that reminder :) 
If you made it to the end of this, PARABENS! Haha! I hope you all have the best week! Oh! And have a great Valentines Day too! I hope you know how much I love you;)  I love hearing from you guys too, so thank you for emailing me:) I'll talk to you guys next week! 
Eu amo voces!! 
-Sister Garcia 

PICTURES! 
- Natal em Fevereiro! 
- Tourist Day 
- We hit 4 WEEKS in the CTM (as cowboys!) 
- Me and Sister Williams! 
- Of course another picture of the sky ;) 

An eventful week. And one that has been so full of emotions. I am so thrilled to watch as Kaitlyn is thriving and lighting up any room she enters. We love love having this sweet Sister in our home!

Watch out Boston...this girl is coming for you,
Missionary Momma

Popular posts from this blog

Mom's Talk: Sunday, July 10, 2022

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom