From: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Saturday, February 20, 2021
Subject: The One With the Last Class
Ola Todos!
I hope you're all doing well! This week totally flew by!
I can't believe that in a few days I'll be on a plane headed to
Boston:)) Es louco! This week I had my last ever CTM class, I feel like I
just started the CTM, but also that I've been here forever too haha! I
have loved every minute of my CTM experience and the things I learned in
the CTM are things that I'll use not only in my mission, but also my
day to day life. I don't know what expectations I had for the online CTM
other than that I was probably going to get a lot of headaches from
looking at a screen, but it was so much more than that. I learned that
no matter where the CTM is, it's the people that make all the
difference:) Now, here's this week's highlights:)
-Our daily
themes continued this week! It included animals, St. Patty's day, 4th of
July, Easter, and Irmao Pimenta and Irmao Moroni appreciation day.
-It
dumped snow in Utah (not as bad as Sister Tegerdine in Texas though)
and was freezing, so my district got to watch me do class in my layers
of blankets.
-Sister Williams and I got to invite our TRC 'investigator' to be baptized this week in our lesson! Que legal:)
-I
got to really put my Portugues skills to the test with a language
assessment that I decided is not very accurate. I was just making sounds
like a baby into a microphone haha!
-I had to say goodbye to
the AMAZING Irmao Pimenta and Irmao Moroni this week too. I truly have
been blessed with such amazing teachers and an amazing district to go
through the online CTM with :)
Spiritual Thought
This
week I've been thinking a lot about blessings and the love that the
Lord has for each of His children. I think during this whole CTM
experience, it all started to really click for me. I always knew that
the Lord loved me, but I never knew how much until now, and I still
don't know the full extent. I do know that the Lord truly blessed me
with a district and two sets of teachers that pushed me to limits I
didn't even know that I had, and helped me strengthen my testimony.
Everyone says it, but I truly did have the best companion, district, and
teachers. I could not have done any of this without the love the Lord
has for me and the blessings He provided me with. These past 6 weeks,
I've witnessed miracles, so many blessings, countless testimony
builders, but mostly I've come to know the love that the Lord has for
not only me, but each one of you as well. The Lord is so aware of you
and what you need, you just need to be willing to listen and look :)
I hope you all have a fantastic week! I'll see you all in Boston! :)
Eu amo voces!
-Sister Garcia
PICTURES!
-Irmão Pimenta appreciation
-Irmão Moroni appreciation
-WE GRADUATED EVERYONE!
-A little quote from Thomas S. Monson :))
Crazy to think that this is our last email from Kaitlyn while she is here studying at home. I cannot believe how quickly time has flown. I know how hard it has been on her to life as she knows it still taking place and moving forward. I know she has been anxious and excited to actually feel like she has started her mission rather than just get up and move to a chair in her bedroom.
I am going to miss seeing her each day and learning from her. I am going to miss hearing her speak Portuguese even if I don't understand it. We have 3 short days left with her around here. Here's hoping to make the best of it!
Love you for forever,
Missionary Momma