Words of Advice from Jason Miller
Before Jason headed home after helping to give you a blessing, he offered up some advice. Advice I thought was important enough that I wanted to be sure to include it here for you to reflect on and be able to look back on.
"The first part was my experience. I found out very quickly that missionaries aren't perfect. That doesn't mean that they shouldn't try to be. I had some very good examples of that and I had some very good poor examples of that. Be that example. You won't be perfect, other missionaries aren't going to be perfect but you should try to be. Second part is that it is okay to have a little fun and go do things that are fun. Let your personality be there. If you're uptight all the time then that's who you are and that is great, but that is not you so be fun, be inviting, and be yourself. Have fun with this. It's a great and exciting time and people will get out of it what they put in. Have fun with it. Have fun with the serious times, have fun with the spiritual times, have fun with the fun times and just go out there and be you. We are so excited for you"
How lucky are we to have such amazing friends, who really have become family, in our lives to support and love and cheer you on. I pray you will remember Jason's advice of fun. I love you so much.
Missionary Momma