Completely unexpected

I had run out with Tyler to get some shopping for my birthday done and when we got home there were some beautiful flowers on the counter. I opened up the card and immediately began to cry!!!


This incredibly beautiful arrangement was sent by my sweet missionary! I literally could not even get through the card all the way (and it wasn't even a long message) because I was so overtaken by emotion. I love that she had the thought to do something for my birthday and then somehow played her cards right and had them sent. I told her I sure didn't want her splurging on things like this and she simply said "I am so glad they arrived Mom. Happy Birthday! I love you to the moon and back". Ahhh my heart. I never want these to die and I never want the yummy smell to go away either. I was so not expecting these and they made my whole day worth turning 42!

And if these flowers weren't enough, when the mail came in the house there was this....


A special birthday letter from this girl! My birthday could have been a total bust but it so wasn't. At all. And a lot of it is that I had all of my kids right here alongside me today. Even if it wasn't physically. Thanks for being wonderful Kaitlyn and for making today perfect.

Here's to 42,

Missionary Momma


Popular posts from this blog

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom