Email from Mom - Sunday, March 21, 2021

From: Mom
To: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Sunday, March 21, 2021
Subject: What a week...wowza

Hey!
How are you? How was YOUR week? I have been dying to hear all about all the things from your meeting with the President to did you get your Covid vaccine?
It has been NUTS around here. Like I am ready for a break nuts. After we chatted on Monday we ended up downtown at the Louis Vuitton store. I knew what bag I wanted but it wasn't available in store or online for me to get. The lady asked if I wanted a different one and showed me a few other things but I was set so she logged onto her secret employee access site and ordered it up for me. Tyler was hilarious. We walked in and he just said "I am going to go sit down while you shop. Have fun". I knew it wouldn't take me long to get what I wanted but whatever. We came home, B had piano, and then the Stephens and the Millers came up to play some games. I don't know why I agree to do that on a school night. I am too old to stay up that late and I love going to bed at a normal time but whatever. It was fine and we were able to get a little more planned for Kauai in May and Spring Break in the next couple of weeks.
Tyler's birthday was low key. He wasn't up for doing much and so I just texted Laura at the Wild Rose and got reservations. We decided it was fine to crush a diet and went for it. We had our weekly weigh in and Tyler is still just going down while I am staying consistent weight wise but losing body fat % so I guess it is a win for me too. I am pretty much over the whole thing and super frustrated that everyone always asks "Wow Tyler, what are you doing? You look great" blah blah blah but can't notice any change on me. Whatever! Anyways, we headed off to dinner and while we were there Laura asked how you were doing. Asked if you were going to make it to Brazil anytime soon and just kept saying how cute you were the night you and Brittan came in. I loved it. A lot. I love that people all over get to experience all things with you. :)
Wednesday was supposed to be a good day. We had the pool guy showing up to get the pool opened and you will never guess...the pool is BROKEN! Not even lying.  Banning had Joel (Chuck's pool guy that Chuck says is wonderful and great and the best thing ever) come over to winterize the pool. Well, Joel drained like 3' of water out of the pool which you shouldn't do we learned because it will ruin the super expensive plaster and make it so the tile will pop off (no wonder Chuck's pool looks like crap!) but he also didn't blow out one of the valves so that valve has to be replaced and fixed before the pool can even be open. UGH! So now the pool guy will be back on Monday to fix the problem Banning and Joel created and then hopefully get the pool opened for the year. And we will NEVER use Banning or Joel again on pool stuff. Lesson learned. Of course Banning blames Joel and just says "wow, sorry" even though now we have yet another expense to handle because of it. (Make note of this as issue #1 with Banning for the week...) Banning also showed up on Wednesday to install the stairs off the deck to the driveway. You know, we haven't had them now for over a year so I was excited that they were finally going to be in. Banning, Dane, and Tyler were all out there and Banning #2...brought the wrong size screws so as he is drilling them in they are going through the whole column area and now we have stucco that has to be re-done on the other size (just above the hot tub) and oh, Banning just says 'sorry about that' and doesn't offer to take any off the cost of the stairs or offer to pay to have the stucco redone. Once the stairs are done and Banning and Dane are gone Tyler calls me out to look at them. And oh my gosh. I hate them so much! First, the size of them is just plain stupid. Way too big. Then, they don't line up to the house on the one side. They are off and it looks STUPID! I tell Tyler that and he says they are just what he told Banning he wanted and that he likes them a lot and he is happy with them. I told him that I hated them and that I think it made the whole project look stupid and what a waste of money and time spent on them they were. I was pretty much as honest as I could have been on it all. So my anxiety and frustration built and the next 2 days were plain miserable because of it. I still hate them. I still think they look horrible and even if Tyler wants to say nobody will notice, he is wrong. (Sara next door even said something so....) Lauren got her call on Wednesday opened finally too. St Louis Missouri, English speaking. Starts MTC in May.
Not much happened Thursday around home. Tyler took Banning and Dane snowmobiling and when they got up the canyon and unloaded, Tyler got on the snowmobile that Banning drove the last time we had everyone up. Well...insert Banning #3. He totally crashed the snowmobile and broke a part of the axle underneath and didn't say anything! Tyler tried to drive it and it wouldn't go any faster than like 10 miles an hour so he was like "what the heck?" So he asked Banning if he drove that one last time and Banning was like "yeah, what's up" so they started looking and Banning tells Tyler "oh yeah that was probably me" and leaves it at that! Left Tyler sitting on the machine and took off with his dad on the other snowmobiles. What the heck?! Anyways so Tyler brought the snowmobile trailer home and tried to fix it but ended up having to order new parts for it and it is not useable as of right now. Oh, and no offer to help pay for the cost either from Banning. :/
Friday was a day. We had plaster guys here to repair and finish plastering the front of the new walls along with the driveway too. Now there is no more line on the wall dividing our house and Sara's next door. It is all the same color as the plaster. But, when Bret Wright came over to check on his guys Tyler showed him the railing on the deck and how it is already rusting and breaking and Bret decided he will have the guys come and take the entire thing down AGAIN and re-do them. So...they planned to come on Saturday to get the railing and it will be about 2 weeks time before they are done with it and have it reinstalled. What a nightmare! I swear we are about done with the yard and then it is like we take 10 steps back. So frustrating. Plus I have furniture being delivered next week and I can't have that up there now without a railing because Herriman wind will take any sort of pillow or cushion right to the trail. I don't know why people can't just do things right the first time you know?
Saturday the weather changed. We had beautiful almost 70' weather both Thursday and Friday. Saturday was cold and rainy. 40' and wind. Tyler took Brooklyn, Kynlee, and Jason up snowmobiling and Christian helped with a food drive pickup. I didn't do much and didn't plan to do much. I just needed a day to do nothing. Oh, and the railing guys never arrived either so I guess we now get to deal with that come Monday morning. :/ Tyler and B got home and she was exhausted so she showered and headed upstairs. Christian wasn't do much of anything and Tyler decided he wanted to go to dinner. Hard when you are on this diet. Although, I am getting kind of tired of the diet not going to lie so I was all in. We ended up at California Pizza Kitchen and I had a salad. With dressing!! And avocado. And it was so so good. I didn't even feel bad while I was eating it. Good thing this we are coming up on finishing the diet. April 3 can't get here soon enough. I did decide to get my meals from 1% out of the freezer and I am going to start eating those and doing the shots after our weigh in this week. I am almost certain I will be able to still lose a little bit of weight while eating normal food. At least I am hopeful. And if not, whatever. I am SO over it.
Sunday has been low key today. We slept in and have been pretty lazy. Christian had meetings and then headed for temple prep. The problem is that he was the only one that showed up so the Davey's cancelled it for today. The others who should be there are Sophie White, Riley Schexnayder, and Maya Thornell. I told him he needs to put his foot down and let them know that even if nobody else attends he would like to get the classes. What a joke that the others can't show. I had a presidency meeting and then we opted to stay home from church. I think everyone needed a little step back. Plus with the cold snowy weather everyone was hunkered under blankets and not wanting to really move much. Tyler has been in watching old guy movies all day while I have been watching old lady bird live stream cameras.
The state has opened up starting Wednesday the 24th for anyone who wants a vaccine to get one. That means I will be on the line with everyone else trying to get an appointment for 3 of us. I also called and talked to the passport lady at Herriman City and she said I could bring Christian in without involving your Dad so we will do that on the 31st as well. We have a full week ahead for us but it is good. Helps pass the time by quick right?
I love you. Can't wait to hear from you.
To the moon and back,
Mom

Brooklyn and Kynlee snowmobiling (I hear she is a wild crazy driver!)
The besties
It looks like she is almost as tall as he is but thankfully he is resting his butt on the snowmobile seat because I am not quite ready for her to be there!!
A throwback photo from Grandma. Look how teeny she is!

 

Popular posts from this blog

Mom's Talk: Sunday, July 10, 2022

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom