March 15, 2021 Monday Phone Call!
Kaitlyn called bright and early today and that was such a fun way to end my time on the treadmill! Tyler was up and moving and even jumped in on the call as well. He was super helpful in getting her watch instructions figured out so she could adjust the time to Daylight Savings now that that took place yesterday. I was also able to get them uploaded to her drive because she will face that again so that is a good thing.
Kaitlyn is doing really well and she loved this last week. She said it flew by and that she cannot believe she has already been a missionary for 2 months and out in Connecticut now for 2 weeks! Crazy how fast time is going and she is loving every minute of it still.
Kaitlyn said the transition to a companionship of 2 was trickier than she anticipated. She said she realized just how much Sister G carried and was the 'buffer'. She is fine with Sister Womack but also recognizes that Sister Wo is on the tail end of her mission and is getting a little 'trunky'. Sister Womack flies home and finishes on July 2. Kaitlyn has a great attitude and is happy to be with Sister Wo but she also recognizes that it is tricky too.
The apartment where Kaitlyn is living is dirty. She says she cleans a little here and a little there so the other Sisters don't take offense or think she is weird. She showed me a grocery plastic bag she used to dust a fan and I about hurled just looking at it. I am grateful she likes things clean. And I am sure the other Sisters will eventually appreciate it too.
Kaitlyn had been to the grocery store already when she called and had plans in the afternoon to go to the mall, Target, and then to get more cheesecake to celebrate all the calendar milestones that happened this last week among the group of 4 of them.
Kaitlyn has a busy week ahead of her again. The place they do service at each week has Covid vaccines available and they are happy to allow the missionaries to receive them so she is planning on getting that. I am anxious to hear how that goes and how her body will react. Some people have been fine while others have been sick and achey. I pray that she will not even realize that she had it. I do love that people are always keeping tabs on the missionaries and taking good care of them. She is also doing splits tomorrow. She will go with another Sister and Sister Wo will go with someone different too. She is a little anxious about it being the first time it is happening but she assures me that she isn't like sick anxious. I am certain it will work out fine and she will make a new friend before the end of the day. :) Kaitlyn also meets with her Mission President tomorrow! She says that is just a check in to see how she is doing, how she is adjusting to mission life, etc. She is super excited and hopes to be able to relay to him that she is loving using her language she is assigned to use (Portuguese in case you forgot) and that she would really really love to make it to Brazil. So many good things in one day!
I asked Kaitlyn if she was happy and if she needs anything...for reals. She just smiles her smile and assures me with all of who she is that she is so so good. She knows that she can walk outside or away to have a conversation if needs be and she knows that I am always just a call or text away. Heck, I could be on an airplane so fast if she needed that even! At least while she in Boston anyways.
Our phone call today was less than 2 hours. She has a lot going and for that I am sure grateful. She also wanted to be sure to have time to talk to the kids on messenger which makes my heart burst with happiness. She makes me so happy and man does she make me proud. I am in awe at her strength and her example. She brings so much light even through a phone screen as we chat. This last week FLEW by for me and I pray that each week will continue to go by just as quickly.
Until next week,
Missionary Momma
