Monday Phone Call

Monday, March 9, 2021: 

Today was a busy day filled with lots going on at home but nothing would interfere with taking a call from Kaitlyn! I was actually at Harmons getting some vegetables (say what?!) when she called. I missed it because of bad service but left Tyler inside to finish shopping and went to the car. 

Kaitlyn is doing well. She had another full week of teaching and lots of cancelled appointments. She got to go to her first Zone Conference and loved every minute of that. She said she really loves her Mission President and his wife and is looking forward to meeting them to discuss how she is transitioning to being a missionary. 

I was mid call when I had to run and grab Brooklyn to take her to the Dr's office for a swollen, red, and super sore toe so Kaitlyn got to 'walk' into the middle school with me to check her out and then she was able to chat with Brooklyn for a little bit as well. 

This week wasn't a very long call. Like maybe only an hour and a half. She says it is easier to talk via messenger because '4 other Sisters'. I get it. There is very little privacy but I also worry a lot. I wonder if Kaitlyn was struggling or just needed some quiet space so her and I could talk if she would find a way to do that. I wonder if she would say "I need to talk to my Mom in private" and walk out in the hall. I worry about her happiness. Kaitlyn is my pleaser and she likes to follow rules. I just will need to keep in my prayers that she has the courage to stand up for herself if ever the need arises or that she will have the strength to stand up for something she needs. 

We chatted about the white car going in for all the body work repair to be taken care of so we can sell it, we talked about her being in phase 1 still of lockdown because of Covid, and she said she sure misses the sunshine. They have some sun but not a lot most days and what they do get isn't warm. I told her about Brooklyn driving the golf cart all over and even to church yesterday. We both got a good laugh on that one. 

I told her that I was taking Brooklyn to the Dr to check on her toe and then kept her updated afterwards of the 'Covid Toe' diagnosis that took place. Who knew right? And then before I was ready it was time to hang up and she needed to get ready to finish her day. Today was a quick call. But even in that quick call time I was able to hear her voice, hear her smile, and even a giggle or two as well. I loved that Brooklyn was home to get on the facetime call with me. I am sure that will be a highlight of her week!

This weeks call photo is going to quickly become a favorite of mine. I love these two girls and I love their friendship and relationship. I am already counting down to when we will hear from you again. I love you Sister Garcia and am so darn proud of you.

To the moon and back,

Missionary Momma
 

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom