P-Day March 29, 2021

Our Monday call was a little different this week because Tyler and I are in Scottsdale, Arizona spending some one on one time together. An opportunity to connect on just an us level as husband and wife and to talk about some of the challenges life is tossing us at this moment. Nonetheless, Kaitlyn started messaging me bright and early because Arizona is an hour behind Utah which meant is is 3 hours behind Connecticut! It didn't matter, I set an alarm so I could be awake and available to chat. 

The first thing I checked in on her was in regards to her sleeping. She says she is still not sleeping as well as she did the first week of her mission. She is still hearing every sound, creak of a floor, when one of the other Sisters gets up to go to the bathroom, or even when the tack holding up some of the lights in their apartment falls out of the wall and the light string falls and dangles. She says she feels like it is getting slightly better but assures me that there is nothing to worry about and that she really is doing okay. I will keep a vigilant eye on this and make sure that we address it sooner than later if needs be. 

Next up was "what does it mean your area is being cancelled?!" She said it is indeed her whole area being shut down by the mission. Not enough missionaries are coming in to take over where she is so another group of Sisters will absorb the area she is in into their own. She is sad, so sad, about this change. She knew transfers were right around the corner but she wasn't ready to be told that her friends she has spent the time working on would not be handed off to a new missionary group in their area but instead absorbed into another group that isn't really close by. I cannot begin to imagine the feelings and tugs at the heart that something like this would bring! She says they have been super busy this last week working to ready a 'hand off' to the Sisters and trying to compile as complete a list as possible of who is who and where they belong. She anticipates a text from the Mission President hopefully on Sunday after General Conference with information regarding her transfer on Wednesday, April 7. I told her to just be sure to screen shot it and put it on the drive so I know where she is heading as well. So many mixed emotions going on for Kaitlyn and my prayers and thoughts are definitely full of purpose on her behalf for this transition.

Kaitlyn and I talked about life here at home. She found out that Brooklyn has officially started to raid her clothes in her bedroom. Seriously so funny! Kaitlyn didn't care so much and even offered the 2 pair of jeans that Brooklyn stole for her to keep them permanently. I am 1000% certain that Brooklyn will be thrilled to hear this news! I asked if she had talked with Christian at all and she said he hadn't responded to any text as of this morning. I worry about him and where life is right now so we talked about that. I know that he talks to Kaitlyn differently than he does to me and/or even Tyler so I asked if she could maybe feel him out for me. Of course, she is great and was more than happy to do just that. 

Kaitlyn bought a new dress at Target today for Easter that will be here on Sunday. She showed it to me when we talked and it is super cute. I am glad she is doing stuff like this still for herself. I know that as a missionary you get caught up in being on the Lords time and taking care of His matters but I also believe it is super important to take care of yourself as well. 

I took Kaitlyn poolside with us and finished up our conversation. By the end of it she said she was going to call both of the kids at home and try to talk with each of them. I know Brooklyn will love love it and I pray Christian will too. I think he misses Kaitlyn more than he will admit and so I think it will be nice for him to hear from her. She promised me to keep me posted on her upcoming week of moving and we both agreed it will be wonderful to hear from General Authorities and our Prophet at Conference this weekend. 

I always dread the 'goodbye' at the end of our calls on Monday and today was a little harder. I think because I know Kaitlyn is facing a bit of a hard time right now. I know I don't need to worry because she is MORE than capable. I just wish I could give her a huge hug and whisper in her ear that all will be well.

I'm anxious to hear what's next,

Missionary Momma

These two and the playing with the filters!!!
Brooklyn and Kaitlyn
DORKS!!!
No eyebrows!!! Gross!
Christian and Kaitlyn
Mom and Tyler poolside in Arizona and Kaitlyn


Popular posts from this blog

Mom's Talk: Sunday, July 10, 2022

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom