Sunday, March 14, 2021: Email from Mom

From: Mom
To: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Subject: The one where I turn 42!!!

Happy happy Monday to you! How was the rest of your week and how about your weekend? Did you have a full Sunday again?
I loved seeing your preview video you made. I was watching and saw Elder Trottier so I of course had to send it off and ask if there was any relationship? I am still waiting on a reply. I’ll keep you posted.
The rest of our week here was busy and full. I had lunch with Amy. That was an experience. I feel bad for her but I also know she has put herself in a position that she is in and she will be the one to work herself out. She jumped into a relationship with a guy pretty serious and just broke up and she is feeling all super heart broken. It made me sure glad I am not in the dating world. She talked little of Levi but what she did share is that he is still a total disaster. Go figure! đŸ¤Ŗ
Brooklyn’s antibody test came back negative so the whole Covid toe thing is still feeling a little fishy to me and a weird diagnosis. It is getting sorta better. Still swollen and purple but mostly on the first joint of her toe and not the entire toe anymore. It is still pretty tender and she really hates putting a shoe on most days. I am so glad she is strong and not a crybaby nor complainer. She handles it well and is good about grabbing some Advil if it gets to be too much.
Christian spoke in church today along with Alex Tanner, Riley Schexnayder, and Sophie White. They all did fine. Teenagers you know? AJ Colling sang the youth theme and wow it was awesome. I love how just something like that can change the tone of the meeting. I will put a thank you in the mail to him tomorrow for what he brought to me personally.
Here’s a funny...Tyler decided that since we aren’t going to Atlanta for a ball game that he would make good on a new Louis Vuitton bag for my birthday. So, we headed down to city creek at like 7, got out of the car at 7:31pm and started into the mall. Guess what?? The whole place (on a Saturday mind you) closes at 7pm!!! What the heck?! So, no new purse for me and I am ok with it. It is what it is and we have spent lots of money on pool furniture too so we will both be good with that. đŸ¤ĻđŸģ‍♀️But who closes a mall on a Saturday night at 7pm? Thanks a lot Covid!
It snowed again this weekend. Not a little either. Enough that a new sectional that we put together outside my bedroom was covered and Tyler doesn’t like it at all so...snow speckled and all it will be put into the white trailer and returned to the Costco. He is going to have to come up with what he wants out there because I am at a loss. The weather is supposed to get to the upper 60’s by Saturday so maybe then I will be able to get a good picture for you of my new loungers and the towel racks I ordered and Tyler and Christian installed. 🤞đŸģ
The white car is due back from the body shop on Tuesday. Still weird to not have it in the garage and even more weird to know it will be sold here soon. Although I am excited for when you come home to shop for one you love and not just one that was here for you. 🤍
We had a primary presidency meeting today and it looks like they are hopeful we are back to the full 2 hours of church (😩😩) by May. Our Covid number are looking really low (like 200-500 daily is all) and we have hit over a million vaccines in the state. It is anticipated that by April 1 anyone who is eligible of age and wants it can get vaccinated. I just hope it means normal is close to being back. Joe Biden is hopeful that the nation will be out of masks and gathering together for Independence Day in July. I hope he is right.
Mountain Ridge is doing senior prom. Tyler and I are trying to talk Christian into going. They will have to have a Covid test taken in order to go but I don’t want him to miss out. He seems like he thinks it would be fun but I imagine time will tell with what he chooses to do.
Tyler and I are still doing the diet thing. I am ready to tap out and get back to regular food. I am glad we found something that works clearly for Tyler. I just have to find happiness in a 42 (yikes!) year old body who has had 3 kids and is still strong and healthy rather than get caught up in what my brain says I need to be caught up in. And I just pray it will be good enough for Tyler too. He has crushed the heck out of it and he is dropping pounds which just helps build his confidence. I am pretty happy for him. We have technically shots until April 3 but I don’t know if I will last that long. Don’t tell...
I have started studying in depth the D&C tho past week. We have tried to do the come follow me...hard when some weeks everyone is in and most weeks we fight at least one person to agree. Anyways, it reminds me just how much I love all things church history. And how forgiving the Lord has always been and will forever be. I guess I needed that reassurance this week in my world. I think often times we are super hard on ourselves and we don’t give ourselves the credit we are due. Instead we find fault and reasons that we aren’t cutting it but the D&C (and all other scripture) is so full of redeeming forgiveness and the opportunity to have as many chances as we need to get it right and that we are good enough just the way we are. 💞
I got your phone back this week. Thanks for sending that. Did you have to pay anything more or was the label enough? It was kinda sad to see it I won’t lie. Mostly just knowing you are actually on your mission. Ha ha. I think sometimes it still doesn’t seem real. I will get it backed up and then I will head to the AT&T store to see if I can keep your # or how that will work.
I have also had some thoughts since chatting with you last week. I worry that if you needed to talk privately to discuss concerns or what not that you aren’t really given an opportunity to do that? Is that the case? If you got yourself into a situation where you needed to just talk to me and not have ears listening in is that an option? My thought is you go in the hallway (leave the apartment door open) but just tell your companion you need to talk to your mom privately? Just concerns I have had this last week. I don’t want you to get stuck always pleasing others. I need you to promise me you will make sure you are always good. Your happiness comes first and you take care of you. Deal? 🤞đŸģI all of a sudden wish there was a pinky promise emoji I could send you.
Well, kids are up and we are going to get ready for family prayer. I am excited to hear from you already again and hope this week has been good. I hope sister Womack has had a better week and that she has felt some peace with her trials at home. I think of you always and have you in my prayers as well. I love you and am so proud of you.
Talk to you soon,
Your old mom 😩🎉

Popular posts from this blog

Mom's Talk: Sunday, July 10, 2022

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom