Sunday, March 29, 2021 Email from Mom
From: Mom
To: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Sunday, March 29, 2021
Subject: Happy Sunday...from Arizona!
Hey! How are you? How was your week? Did you sleep better this week? How
was the 1st dose of your vaccine? And let’s certainly not forget...I
don’t understand what you mean that your area has been shut down?! Like
due to Covid or the area for your mission?
Tyler put together a quick getaway for the two of us this weekend to
Scottsdale Arizona to enjoy some warm sunshine and just escape from
everything at home so that is where I am emailing you from this week. We
flew in on Saturday and head home Monday night. That means when I talk
to you I will still be here. ️
Talk to me about this week. What are some of the highlights and some of
the good you took away these last 7 days? What are some of the harder
things that you have worked through/are still working through?
Not much has happened around here at home this week. School for the
kids, work for Christian. Brooklyn went to the Ortho and they put in the
last really thick wire and she has to wear a box of bands 24 hours a
day. We are officially on the downhill stretch of braces and she is so
excited. Christian put an application in at sodalicious and is working a
lot more down at work right now. It’s good. He needs the $ and it is
better for him than just sitting at home. Brooklyn has discovered your
closet...and she is hilarious! She comes up with a pair of jeans and is
like ‘I never knew she had these!’ And wore them. And I believe she will
send you a picture because she is taking them 🤣
Brooklyn colored some eggs for Easter this week since we will be camping
next weekend. She didn’t really want to I don’t think but entertained
my Mom need for kids not to be growing up so dang fast. I hate it.
I ordered a set of AirPod pros for Christian for his birthday. I had his
name engraved on them too. I hope he likes them. I had tickets to the
Braves/Yankee game (they play on his actual birthday) but Covid has shut
it down. I was sure hoping it would work out but I got the email that
says my tickets have been canceled. I’m totally bummed but I hope his
own AirPods will be ok for him. 🏻I haven’t told him about tickets yet, I just got the cancellation email today so I will tell him when we get home on Monday.
I got new lips this week. Wowza...my lip/Botox lady is hilarious. She
said she wanted to use the brand Kiss instead of the Juvaderm and
promised I would be much happier. Holy crapola!! Thursday night I was
regretting it HUGE!! They were SO swollen and so red and I could see the
bruises forming as the seconds ticked by. Tyler and I ran to the cabin
Thursday night to get the rzr and mini bike to go camping and I couldn’t
even hardly talk to him they were so sore! 🤦🏻♀️But...Friday I felt
better about them and Saturday was better too. Today they are still
pretty swollen and lumpy but Tyler assures me that I don’t look like I
have duck lips. I sure hope he isn’t lying! And masks are helpful right
now too for sure.
I asked Christian if he had anything he wanted to do before he started
the MTC. I reminded him of classic/disco night and Texas Roadhouse that
we did for you. I’m hopeful he will come up with something he wants to
do. With the way things are moving around here I am thinking the actual
MTC could be a possibility so I want him to feel like he wants to do
something with all of us? I guess I will just wait and see. Anyways, the
state is moving forward and the mask mandate is done on the 10th and
anyone who wants the vaccine can get one. Cases are lower and lower and
even the governor is hopeful that come the 4th of July we are all
burning masks. The church has announced this week that the days of 47
parade and festivities will also take place this year as normal. Things
are moving forward and I couldn’t be more happy. It’s nice to see some
‘normal’. It looks like school next year will include late start
Friday’s but right now no masks will be required. I am seriously so
stoked about this!
All 3 of us have our first vaccine appointment on Tuesday morning. I
sure hope we all do well because we are supposed to leave to go camping
on Thursday. We have an appointment for Christian to get his passport on
Wednesday morning as well. Lots happening this week before we head out
of town (sorta...little Moab doesn’t count as a getaway when you still
have service in my opinion). I asked Christian if he wanted to invite a
friend, he said no. I asked if he wanted to stay home so he could hang
with his friends and he said no. I worry so much. I just want everyone
to have a good time!!
Once we have a passport in hand it is visa application time and then
gear up for the MTC. Africa is EASY compared to Brazil and his mission
packet mentions literally nothing about a mask. I’m hopeful Brazil
happens soon for you. Lots is happening from what I can see on the
Facebook page with missionaries going back. I feel good about you
heading there if and/or when you get that call.
I’m looking forward to conference this next weekend. I feel like the
older I get the more I anticipate these weekends. I am ready. My soul
needs feeding and as much as I am studying and trying to learn right
now, I yearn for more. So much more. I think it is the state of the
world and the unknown right now. For all of us. For you, for Christian,
for life as a whole. I am hopeful for some peace you know? I’m sure
grateful for President Nelson’s Palm Sunday message today. I just love
him and I am so grateful for the chance to have him as our Prophet in
crazy times!!
It looks like you have some crappy wind and cold weather today and maybe
into tomorrow. I am sorry to hear this for you. I am sure you are ready
for spring and summer too yeah? What can I do for you? What do you
need? Help me to understand where things sit right now with your area
and what it means to be cancelled. How is Stephane and Matheus this
week?
I sure love and miss you. I can’t wait to be able to talk with you on Monday. They are my most favorite days.
I love you to the moon and back.
Mom
![]() |
| Coloring eggs...11 because she ate one! 🤣🤣 |
![]() |
| I asked her to smile so I could send this to you. This is what she gave me |
![]() |
| Ahh the waiting at the airport...I dread flying. Grateful for the convenience and being able to afford it but man do I hate it |
![]() |
| A turtle sunbathing on our walk by the little lake by our hotel in AZ |
![]() |
| I swear if you zoom in on this lemon tree there is a hummingbird up there! He didn’t even care that I was ‘sneaking’ up on him for a picture |
![]() |
| Palm trees just make everything better right? |





