Tomorrow is Monday again!
Email from Mom
Sunday, March 7, 2021
Subject: It's March!
Hey! Happy Sunday. And can you believe it is already March? I am loving the
change of season that is taking place here. The birds sing a little
louder each morning and the weather has been wonderful. In fact we had
almost 70’ yesterday! Christian was of course in shorts and Brooklyn was
all over in the golf cart.
This last week was busy for us around here. The kids had school and piano for B, Christian was working and out with friends playing spike ball and 9 square, Tyler finished up the boat sale, we got the white car scheduled to be dropped off tomorrow actually to get all fixed up and ready to sell, Tyler and I escaped to the cabin Thursday and spent Friday morning on the snowmobile (you are going to LOVE that when you get home just as a heads up), we had dinner with the Thornell’s on Friday night, and last night we had games at our house with the Millers and the Stephens.
We also got some new pool furniture delivered. Tyler wanted a huge sectional to fit underneath the heater downstairs so he ended up ordering 2 of the same one and we combined them. It took me, Tyler, and Christian to get them all unboxed and assembled but it turned out really great. I wasn’t sure at first but now I like them and am glad they are there. Tyler opened the pool cover to see what kind of leaf and dirt mess we will have to deal with when the pool gets opened here in the next month or so and thankfully it wasn’t bad. It made me want the weather to be warm and the pool open all the time pretty bad.
I have more furniture coming tomorrow. They are 4 loungers for the upper deck thing where the water features spill out into the pool. I am super excited about them. Tyler didn’t love them because of the $ but they will be perfect and I think he is finally agreeing with me on that too. Later this week we have another order coming. It’s a new piece for upstairs outside our bedroom door area. It is a sectional basically that you can break up into pieces with a coffee table that is also a small fire pit table thing. I think it will be real nice. Then we will take the old sectional and put it in the middle section up top and the old brown table and two chairs we will just sell. Tyler is picking up two new sets of furniture that has a sofa and two chairs for around the fire pit. The sofas will be on the long side and a chair at each end. The additional two chairs will go under the deck as extra seating by the pool table Tyler is putting down there.
We met with the landscaper. Weird dude!!! So freaking weird! But he seems to know what he is doing and we will hopefully be planting in the next couple of weeks
🏻.
I tossed an invite to Chad and Julie to see if they wanted to come snowmobiling with me and Tyler one day soon. Snow is melting so we have to work with that you know? Anyways, she seemed excited but they are in Maui until Wednesday so we will see what happens or if maybe it will just be that we tossed an invite.
I have been hounding Christian like crazy to get going on his mission stuff. I don’t know why he isn’t as ambitious as you were. I have asked him to get a shopping list of things and he barely got it done yesterday because I told him we could have been out gathering some things. His portal is hardly touched. We did get immunizations entered in yesterday. He has to get yellow fever, typhoid, and malaria shots but I am going to wait until he is 18 to have those done. Plus the lady at the travel clinic said his typhoid will only be good for like 27 months so I need to wait until he is closer to his MTC date. I don’t want to have to get your dad involved on a passport so he will have to wait until he is 18 to do that too. His list of stuff he will need is so small compared to yours. I worry he thought he would get all brand new stuff instead of using what he has here like you did. He seemed frustrated when we were at Scheels yesterday that I said he had a pair of tennis shoes at home that should work just fine and that I wasn’t buying a new pair just for a mission. We will get through it but it has posed some frustration at the lack of excitement and drive he doesn’t have.
Brooklyn has a jammed toe or something she is dealing with. Her 2nd toe on her left foot is FAT and killing her. We have tried Advil and ice but I will have to make her an appointment tomorrow to see what we are dealing with. She isn’t one who complains so the fact that it hasn’t gone away and is essentially getting worse I figure it is time.
I’m having lunch this week with Amy Ernest. Weird right? I just texted her and told her I missed her and hoped she was doing well and to let me know if she wanted to do lunch ever. She replied and said she just broke up with a boyfriend (weird!!) and would love to do lunch so...that’s how that came about. I’ll let you know how that goes.
The Thornell’s invited us to dinner which was a nice change. It destroyed our diet (but no more than Thursday as we headed to the cabin and stopped for a piece of red velvet cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory!
)
but it was nice to go out. They are interesting people but it seems
like they are molding into some friends we will maybe spend more time
with.
The Stephens let it slip that Shawna put together game night and we didn’t get the invite. Part of me doesn’t really care and am grateful almost to have it as a reassurance that I don’t have to invite them to everything but part of me is like ‘why did I spend so much effort and time into her and Chuck only to be crapped on?’ Anyways, we owed them money for the condo in Maui so we stopped by yesterday and I will just say that we definitely caught them off guard. Alaina and Cole were leaving and she can’t handle Tyler and me & Shawna was REAL hesitant to let us in but we were eventually invited and we stayed to chat for a bit.
Chuck of course wanted to talk his monstrosity he is building and the money it is taking. Here’s one that will make you barf...just the pool and a walkway of pavers (go figure) he has a bid for $1.7 million!!! And that has to be done by Nov 1 in order to close out his construction loan!!! Good luck. Banning was telling Tyler all about it. I have taken the high road of ‘I don’t care and I hope it makes them happy’. Tyler is quickly jumping on that too. Shawna doesn’t ask about anyone at our house. She is as bad as Chuck and wants to talk all the money they ‘have’ and are spending. It was awkward and knowing they did games just the night before without an invite to us (oh and Saunie was there too!) made it so I just wanted to go. Super fake and not genuine at all. Is nice to be phasing into real friends like the Millers and who knows, maybe the Thornell’s too. Banning said he feels like Chuck and Shawna are working to surround themselves with people who praise and are almost jealous/envious of what they have in life rather than those of us who have tried to be really good friends. If that’s what they want and is what is driving them then I wish them the best. I imagine we will get fewer and fewer invites as the days go on, as Chuck learns that we have a new ski boat and a timeshare on a houseboat that falls during the same week as one of his in July. I will never understand people who can’t just genuinely be excited for people in what they do rather than be negative, jealous, or threatened. Whatever!
I see some missionaries are returning and arriving to Recife and even North too! Have you seen anything in your portal or email? I didn’t realize that Recife was just it’s own mission until recently when they divided it into North and South. Maybe that will help push things along for you.
How did your week go? How were your lessons and what about church? Did you have a full day on Sunday again? Did everyone find something in the Amazon boxes that they will like or did I pick stuff nobody likes? Did you get all your stamps/envelopes/notebooks too? I figured prime was going to be quicker than me shopping and then shipping them. I hope that worked out ok? Did you get your phone shipped or not yet?
What’s your plan for today? Do you have time you get to get out today to do some site seeing or will you spend the day in your apartment? What did you end up doing with the massive amount of juice? Oh, I still have the letter here for Brynlee. I will probably put it in the mail tomorrow. I texted her and she is just busy so hasn’t had time to stop by. I hope that is ok that I mail it?
I can’t wait to hear from you. I sure love you and think of you always. Love you to the moon and back!
Mom
This last week was busy for us around here. The kids had school and piano for B, Christian was working and out with friends playing spike ball and 9 square, Tyler finished up the boat sale, we got the white car scheduled to be dropped off tomorrow actually to get all fixed up and ready to sell, Tyler and I escaped to the cabin Thursday and spent Friday morning on the snowmobile (you are going to LOVE that when you get home just as a heads up), we had dinner with the Thornell’s on Friday night, and last night we had games at our house with the Millers and the Stephens.
We also got some new pool furniture delivered. Tyler wanted a huge sectional to fit underneath the heater downstairs so he ended up ordering 2 of the same one and we combined them. It took me, Tyler, and Christian to get them all unboxed and assembled but it turned out really great. I wasn’t sure at first but now I like them and am glad they are there. Tyler opened the pool cover to see what kind of leaf and dirt mess we will have to deal with when the pool gets opened here in the next month or so and thankfully it wasn’t bad. It made me want the weather to be warm and the pool open all the time pretty bad.
I have more furniture coming tomorrow. They are 4 loungers for the upper deck thing where the water features spill out into the pool. I am super excited about them. Tyler didn’t love them because of the $ but they will be perfect and I think he is finally agreeing with me on that too. Later this week we have another order coming. It’s a new piece for upstairs outside our bedroom door area. It is a sectional basically that you can break up into pieces with a coffee table that is also a small fire pit table thing. I think it will be real nice. Then we will take the old sectional and put it in the middle section up top and the old brown table and two chairs we will just sell. Tyler is picking up two new sets of furniture that has a sofa and two chairs for around the fire pit. The sofas will be on the long side and a chair at each end. The additional two chairs will go under the deck as extra seating by the pool table Tyler is putting down there.
We met with the landscaper. Weird dude!!! So freaking weird! But he seems to know what he is doing and we will hopefully be planting in the next couple of weeks
I tossed an invite to Chad and Julie to see if they wanted to come snowmobiling with me and Tyler one day soon. Snow is melting so we have to work with that you know? Anyways, she seemed excited but they are in Maui until Wednesday so we will see what happens or if maybe it will just be that we tossed an invite.
I have been hounding Christian like crazy to get going on his mission stuff. I don’t know why he isn’t as ambitious as you were. I have asked him to get a shopping list of things and he barely got it done yesterday because I told him we could have been out gathering some things. His portal is hardly touched. We did get immunizations entered in yesterday. He has to get yellow fever, typhoid, and malaria shots but I am going to wait until he is 18 to have those done. Plus the lady at the travel clinic said his typhoid will only be good for like 27 months so I need to wait until he is closer to his MTC date. I don’t want to have to get your dad involved on a passport so he will have to wait until he is 18 to do that too. His list of stuff he will need is so small compared to yours. I worry he thought he would get all brand new stuff instead of using what he has here like you did. He seemed frustrated when we were at Scheels yesterday that I said he had a pair of tennis shoes at home that should work just fine and that I wasn’t buying a new pair just for a mission. We will get through it but it has posed some frustration at the lack of excitement and drive he doesn’t have.
Brooklyn has a jammed toe or something she is dealing with. Her 2nd toe on her left foot is FAT and killing her. We have tried Advil and ice but I will have to make her an appointment tomorrow to see what we are dealing with. She isn’t one who complains so the fact that it hasn’t gone away and is essentially getting worse I figure it is time.
I’m having lunch this week with Amy Ernest. Weird right? I just texted her and told her I missed her and hoped she was doing well and to let me know if she wanted to do lunch ever. She replied and said she just broke up with a boyfriend (weird!!) and would love to do lunch so...that’s how that came about. I’ll let you know how that goes.
The Thornell’s invited us to dinner which was a nice change. It destroyed our diet (but no more than Thursday as we headed to the cabin and stopped for a piece of red velvet cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory!
The Stephens let it slip that Shawna put together game night and we didn’t get the invite. Part of me doesn’t really care and am grateful almost to have it as a reassurance that I don’t have to invite them to everything but part of me is like ‘why did I spend so much effort and time into her and Chuck only to be crapped on?’ Anyways, we owed them money for the condo in Maui so we stopped by yesterday and I will just say that we definitely caught them off guard. Alaina and Cole were leaving and she can’t handle Tyler and me & Shawna was REAL hesitant to let us in but we were eventually invited and we stayed to chat for a bit.
Chuck of course wanted to talk his monstrosity he is building and the money it is taking. Here’s one that will make you barf...just the pool and a walkway of pavers (go figure) he has a bid for $1.7 million!!! And that has to be done by Nov 1 in order to close out his construction loan!!! Good luck. Banning was telling Tyler all about it. I have taken the high road of ‘I don’t care and I hope it makes them happy’. Tyler is quickly jumping on that too. Shawna doesn’t ask about anyone at our house. She is as bad as Chuck and wants to talk all the money they ‘have’ and are spending. It was awkward and knowing they did games just the night before without an invite to us (oh and Saunie was there too!) made it so I just wanted to go. Super fake and not genuine at all. Is nice to be phasing into real friends like the Millers and who knows, maybe the Thornell’s too. Banning said he feels like Chuck and Shawna are working to surround themselves with people who praise and are almost jealous/envious of what they have in life rather than those of us who have tried to be really good friends. If that’s what they want and is what is driving them then I wish them the best. I imagine we will get fewer and fewer invites as the days go on, as Chuck learns that we have a new ski boat and a timeshare on a houseboat that falls during the same week as one of his in July. I will never understand people who can’t just genuinely be excited for people in what they do rather than be negative, jealous, or threatened. Whatever!
I see some missionaries are returning and arriving to Recife and even North too! Have you seen anything in your portal or email? I didn’t realize that Recife was just it’s own mission until recently when they divided it into North and South. Maybe that will help push things along for you.
How did your week go? How were your lessons and what about church? Did you have a full day on Sunday again? Did everyone find something in the Amazon boxes that they will like or did I pick stuff nobody likes? Did you get all your stamps/envelopes/notebooks too? I figured prime was going to be quicker than me shopping and then shipping them. I hope that worked out ok? Did you get your phone shipped or not yet?
What’s your plan for today? Do you have time you get to get out today to do some site seeing or will you spend the day in your apartment? What did you end up doing with the massive amount of juice? Oh, I still have the letter here for Brynlee. I will probably put it in the mail tomorrow. I texted her and she is just busy so hasn’t had time to stop by. I hope that is ok that I mail it?
I can’t wait to hear from you. I sure love you and think of you always. Love you to the moon and back!
Mom