Week 10 Email: The One With All The Firsts
From: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Monday, March 22, 2021
Subject: The One With All The Firsts
Oí meus amigos!
I
hope you're all doing well and that you had a fantastic week! This week
didn't go by as quickly as the past few have been, but it was as busy
for sure! This week was full of firsts for me as a missionary which is
super exciting! I'm slowly gaining experience and getting into the real
flow of things :) Here's my highlights!
- We all got matching shirts as an apartment (don't ask why it's a tiger, that's all they had haha!)
-
I got to go to my very first service activity and let me just say, I
love service!! Highly recommend if you can, it's so needed!
-
I had my very first exchange with the amazing Sister Florence! It's
crazy the love you can have for people even through video chat. An
exchange for those who don't know (I know I didn't haha!) is when you
switch companions for a night and get to teach with another sister. It
was so cool to get to teach with Sister Florence :) And side note: she
spells her name the same as mine so it's like it was meant to be
- I made some killer green chocolate chip pancakes for St. Patty's day and was decked out in green
- We had a language day as an apartment so I spoke only Português for a whole day
Spiritual Thought
Okay
this week I've been thinking a lot about how the Savior loves each of
us. We have this really cool thing in the MBM called 'Walk in the Light'
and each week we have a new guest that talks about their lives and how
they walk in the light of Jesus Christ. This week a quote really stuck
out to me. "Your righteous character is one of the few things you can
take with you into the next life and now is the time to develop it" I
love that! We're always told to love one another just as Christ did and
to treat people with kindness, but are we doing that because it's the
right thing to do or because we genuinely care about others?? This is
the time to develop that characteristic of Christ! Love one another and
treat everyone with kindness :)
You
are all amazing and I love you all so so much! Thank you for the emails
and all the support:) I hope you all have the best week! Remember to
treat everyone with kindness! Eu amo vocês! Tchau tchau!
- Sister Garcia
Pictures!
- A super rad graffiti
-Matching shirts for the win
- St. Patty's Day!
- A new favorite photo of Christ :)
![]() |
| Matching shirts for the win |
![]() |
| St Patty's Day! |
![]() |
| A super rad graffiti |
![]() |
| A new favorite photo of Christ :) |



