Week 11 Email: The One with Absorption

From: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Monday, March 29, 2021
Subject: The One with Absorption

Ola meus amigos! Now, I know what you're all thinking, what the heck is up with the subject line?! Well let me explain haha! This week we got the news that our area is being absorbed by another set of Portuguese Sisters in the mission. A lot of missionaries are leaving this coming transfer so President had to move some things around. It's super sad to know that Sister Womack and I are going to be separated, but hey it's all in the Lord's time :) With that being said, that means I'm moving! I don't know where to yet, but I'll know before transfers on April 6th haha! Now that news is out of the way, onto my highlights this week! 
- I had my very first district Pday! We grilled some killer food and had a few intense games of volleyball;) 
- I had the super cool opportunity to translate a video from Português to English and let me just say, I have mad respect for people that do that as a job! 
- We started teaching 3 new people this week! So super excited to see the area grow and im super grateful for technology haha!
- We had an amazing Walk in the Light with the one and only Hank Smith:) 
- Sister Womack hit her 99 days until she goes home so we celebrated by going to the '99 Restaurant' here in CT
- Mostly this week had been prepping out area for the new sisters so they can be up to speed on our area, but it was a good week;) 

Spiritual Thought 
This week has been huge, not only with the news of leaving but yesterday marks Palm Sunday, the start of the last week of Christ's life. I'm making my peace with leaving, but it's hard because I've grown to love these people. This week has taught me a lot about trusting in the Lord's timing and trusting in Him. I've also been prepping for Easter and General Conference (you should too!) and it got me thinking about how the Savior felt. He knew the plan when He came down here and He knew what He had to do. However, it wasn't easy for Him, He cried out in prayer to have the bittercup taken from Him. Yet, He trusted the Lord's timing and knew that His plan was greater than the one He had in mind for himself. In Alma 36:3 it says, "I do know that whosoever shall put their trust in God shall be supported in their trials, and their troubles, and their afflictions," The Lord is simply always there :) I can't imagine what it must've been like for the Savior this last week of His mortal life, but I do know that He trusted the Lord's timing and He knew He was not alone. This next week, I'm going to be studying Christ's final events and preparing for General Conference, and I'd love for all of you to join in with me :) I can promise that you'll feel closer to your Savior and know you aren't alone ;) 

If you made it this far, parabens! Haha! Seriously though, thank you for taking the time to read my emails every week! I love hearing from you all :) Also I don't know where I'm headed yet, but when I do I'll make sure to give you guys the new address, I appreciate the mail :) I hope you all enjoy and watch Conference this weekend too! Have the best week! Eu amo vocês! :) 

Com amor, 
Sister Garcia 

Pictures!! 

- District Pday! 
- Me and Sister Womack 
- Me and Sister Womack ×2
- The one and only Sister Farnsworth 
The one and only Sister Farnsworth
Me and Sister Womack
Me and Sister Womack x2
District Pday!


Popular posts from this blog

Mom's Talk: Sunday, July 10, 2022

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom