Week 7: The One with a Plane

From: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Monday, March 1, 2021
Subject: The One with a Plane

Ola todos!! Como você está?!

I OFFICIALLY MADE IT INTO THE MISSION FIELD!! So so crazy! I'm currently in Bridgeport, CT. The Boston Massachusetts mission is made up of Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut so yes, I still am on my reassignment haha! It's been such a great experience so far and I love being a missionary! Here's my run down! This one might be a little longer so I apologize in advance! :)
- I flew out super duper early Tuesday morning and actually met a few missionaries at the airport, super cool 
- I got to see a few high school friends out here too! I got to meet my AMAZING trainers Sister Womack and Sister Gonzales! I already love them so much :)
- I'm serving in a Português area so my 6 weeks of training are going to start coming in handy! 
- I got to teach some of my first lessons this week too! The mission is all online and over zoom, but it's amazing how connected you can feel :) 
- I live with 2 Spanish sisters as well, so those of you doing the math, that's 5 sisters in one apartment. Its a good time haha! 
- I already love these area, the other missionaries, and the Sisters here so much! Truly such a blessing to have them as my first companions 
- I'm also a Facebook admin! Super crazy and super busy, but it's so fun! We also have a super cool event out here called 'Walk In The Light' (it's just a page on Facebook you can go like if you want;) that I get to be apart of :) 
- It's been and still is, and adjustment, but I'm so excited for this new chapter! 

Spiritual Thought 
This week my emotions have been all over the place! Shocker I know! ;) but as I started thinking more about it, I realized just how many blessings and little miracles happen in just one day. Some of it is super mushy gushy, so I'll leave that out this time ;) but I do know that each of you have so many  blessings and little miracles happen in your day to day life, you just need to look for them :) I read a talk this week by President Nelson about personal revelation, and I never realized how open the heavens really are! The Lord truly is hastening the work and things are moving forward, even during this pandemic. 

I love you all so so much and I'm so thankful for all your love and support! I do have my mailing address as well! I'd love to get some letters from you too :) I hope you have the BEST week! 

Com amor, 
Sister Garcia 

Here's my address as well :) 
225 Golden Hill Street #3A 
Bridgeport, CT 06604 

Pictures! 
- All us greenies on our first day! 
- Herriman Gang 
- Super sweet Sisters I met on my travels 
- Minhas companheiras!! 

Boston...yay!

Missionary Momma


 

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom