Week 8: The One with Zone Conference
From: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Monday, March 8, 2021
Subject: The One with Zone Conference
Oi!
First off, I just wanted to say a hige thank you to
you all for taking the time to email me! You guys are all amazing:) This
week was full of laughs, miracles, and a few chilly walks. CT is still
in Phase 1 for COVID so we're mostly inside all day, with breaks when
needed. The 5 of us really enjoy getting out of the apartment and taking
a break from the 4 walls we see all the time, but it is cold haha! I
love that even with restrictions I still get to see Bridgeport and let
me tell you it's so pretty:) Here's a few highlights this week!
-
I got to meet a woman named Tracy this week as she got her Patriarchal
Blessing. It was such a testimony builder for me that the Lord puts
people in our lives for a reason.
- We did a mission wide cooking class and let me just say, we're pretty good at throwing things in a blender haha!
-
I had my first Zone Conference! I loved it so much :) Sister Mavromatis
(Mission Presidents Wife) said something that really stuck out to me.
In Genesis 1 it talks about when God created the world and he says, "it
was good." He never said it was amazing or incredible, He said it was
good. If we have these expectations that we need to be perfect or
incredible, we miss the opportunity to enjoy the good things in life.
- I saw the real life P. T Barnum Museum from the Greatest Showman!
-
We got in contact with a lot of new potential friends for us to start
teaching! The Português ward here is very small and needs some help
haha! I'm hoping I can help expand that :)
Spiritual Thought
This
week I focused a lot on Moroni 7. It's such a great chapter, so if you
have some free time I'd recommend reading it :) The verse that really
stuck our to me was verse 48. When I marked it I actually marked it with
a whole bunch of hearts too haha! But it said that we need to pray with
all of our energy and the Lord with bless us. It always uses the word
'become'. That's such an interesting word because this life is meant for
us to become like the Savior. That word means to constantly change and
be better, we aren't meant to be perfect, we aren't meant to know
everything, we're meant to strive and change:)
I
hope you all had an amazing week and are enjoying the nice weather! I
love you all and I'd love to here from you so feel free to write me and
I'll try my best to get back to you :)
Eu amo vocês!
Mailing address:
225 Golden Hill St. #3A
Bridgeport, CT 06604
Pictures!
- Zone Conference!
- COVID missionaries
- Our mad baking skills
- P.T Barnum
- Sista Sistas!
![]() |
| Pinch cookies |
![]() |
| Zone Conference |
![]() |
| Sista Sisters! |
![]() |
| P.T. Barnum Museum |
![]() |
| Covid Sisters |




