April 26, 2021 Phone Call Home

Holy cow Kaitlyn is thriving and doing so well! She is loving life in Rhode Island and is loving her companion, Sister Pearson. They are staying so so busy and working hard. 

Elba is still a top priority right now with her baptism date set for May 1. That is literally 5 days from now and Kaitlyn was beginning to worry alongside Sister Pearson because she didn't make it to church. Thankfully they were able to get in touch with her and she told them something had come up but she was still planning on her baptism date and is excited to keep learning. Phew...okay. They also spoke to a sweet gentleman in their branch to get him lined up to baptize Elba and he was of course totally okay and excited to be a part of that. Again, so many moving pieces on a mission that you just don't see when you stand out front and look in. I have so loved seeing the behind the scenes if you will of all that goes into the missionary work.

Kaitlyn had some hilarious photos on the drive this week too from what I was assuming her day of service. Sure enough she explained that they were at the furniture bank place and they had some stuff that needed to be broken down. Like all the way down. So first they had to take all of the screws out (and some of them were done not correct so super hard to remove) and then literally had to break the piece into pieces. Only, they were pretty solid pieces so Kaitlyn said she just decided to Spiderman it and climb on and jump to get them to break. It didn't just immediately break so she just kept going at it and finally they were able to get them finished. She was laughing pretty good when she was telling me this and I loved hearing it on the other end of the phone. She sounds really really happy. 

With staying busy and putting in lots of effort also comes with some days when you feel like you aren't getting anywhere and that happened this week for Kaitlyn. She struggled with finding reasons as to why she was putting on her missionary badge some days this week. She feels like the things she is doing in Rhode Island she could do from home (ie: facebook finding, etc) and I totally get it. But she says she has faith and a strong testimony of the Atonement and prayer that is helping her get through. I often feel quite silly when I try and talk to her about my perspective of her being where she is at this moment because I am totally competing with the Lord. And let's be honest, He will win every single time. HA! I wouldn't want it any other way though. :) 

Kaitlyn is ready'ing everything for Elba's baptism and also asked for a few things to be sent her way to surprise Sister Pearson for her upcoming birthday. She was so sad to learn that her family never made a big deal out of a birthday so she decided she is going to take on the task and do something fun for her. I was happy to get on the Amazon and get some stuff headed her way. 

This week will be full of prayers for Kaitlyn that she will feel the love and support of her Heavenly Father and that He will be able to create some peace within her that she knows she is on His time and that He is mindful of all the things she is struggling with and working through. He has her in His care and I pray that the 'putting on the badge' becomes easier and easier and that she can see for herself that she is making a difference. Even if it just for herself. I will also keep Elba in our prayers as well. A baptism is exciting and I am thrilled for Kaitlyn to get to play a part in getting someone started on their journey in this Gospel. 

We live a blessed life having the knowledge that we do by being members and this week has taught me through Kaitlyn that even when we have the knowledge and have felt and seen the blessings that come from that, not everything always falls into place like we had always hoped it would. Our faith will struggle, our hearts might get heavy, we may need to question 'why?', and then we will need to do our part to be reminded by the love of our Savior all the reasons and have Him take that heavy burden from us. Kaitlyn will be great and I know she will rely on our Savior in all things. I am so dang proud of all the experiences she is having and working through! I cannot wait to hear how this next week goes. 

Praying for you,

Missionary Momma

This is the funniest weekly photo yet. I don't know if I took it or if she did but I love so much that her tiger shirt made the biggest appearance and I look like I am trying to reach out and grab her! No face Kaitlyn...crazy tiger eyes and mouth coming through the screen...and Mom all weird. Wowza...happy Monday. Next week HAS to be better!


Popular posts from this blog

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom