From: Mom
To: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Subject: Sunday!
Which means tomorrow is Monday!!!
🏻
How was your week? It looks like you had lots going and your oil meal made me wanna barf. 🤢not even going to lie. Ha
We had a low key week. Sorta. The weather is madness still with good
days and then bad. The landscaping guys moved in and I just can’t say
enough good things. I have always really liked our backyard and have
loved the space and what it provides. But with the design done and the
plants in place? Holy cow I LOVE our backyard!! This landscaper has been
so great too. When some of the plants were in the ground we just didn’t
love them where they were but loved the plant themself so we chatted
with him and the next day he brought stuff that was just what we had
hoped for, was able to incorporate the ones we had on site and loved
(they just didn’t work where the designer had them for me and Tyler),
and added a few things in himself. It seriously is so incredible and the
way it brought the project together is just instance! I cannot wait for
summer to actually show up so it can start to grow and take off and
become even better.
Tyler and I shopped for what we are hoping (
🏻)
are the final pieces for the backyard. We got the pool table ordered,
it will be here just after we get back from Hawaii I think, we ordered
another lounge area thing, and a table and chair set for next to the
pool table and the sectional downstairs. I am so sick of spending the $
back there but I think *think* this should do it.
The kids have 5 Monday’s left of school is all. We also found out that
Christian will get a graduation. It will be on the 3rd at 9am on the
football field. He has a total of 4 tickets and whoever holds the 2 red
ones will matter most. If the weather is crap (or just standard for Utah
right now), those 2 red ticket holders get to go inside to the gym to
watch graduation. I don’t know who he has planned to invite so I guess
time will tell. He did get his graduation box of stuff too. We have his
senior/mission pictures on Tuesday. Just over at daybreak. I really
wanted to do Herriman hills so it looked like yours and ‘home’ but I
know in the end he would be annoyed without some modern twist so I guess
there are some color walls or something urban like that Kayla says will
be good. So, we have a final vaccine that morning and then pictures in
the evening.
Brooklyn went to lagoon for the first time yesterday and what a fiasco! I
dropped her and Brooklyn A and Madison at the drop off after waiting in
a line for about 45 minutes to even get there. As I was driving off and
about 1/4 of the way home she called and said she forgot a mask ask
they won’t let her in to even buy one so...I flipped around on the
freeway to wait in the same long line to get to the drop off spot to
give her a mask. As I was headed home and now 3/4 of the way home, and
on my way to pick up Tyler at the Harley shop, she called and said they
won’t let her in because the photo she uploaded for her pass isn’t
current. She is frustrated, I am ticked, and so I told her to go to
guest services and have them take a new photo and keep me posted. I get
to Tyler and while I am waiting for him to get in the car, thankfully
they got a new photo done and she was inside the park. Holy crapola.
Well, I wake up today to a text from her last night saying she has lost
her new season pass they gave her and so she is upset that she won’t be
able to go again. Good heck child! So...I logged onto lagoon, found her
pass with the QR code, texted it to her, and heaven help us the next
trip isn’t a nightmare for her. 🤦🏻♀️
Christian had friends over to swim yesterday and Brooklyn followed up in
the evening after lagoon. The air temp was almost 70 with only a little
wind so it was decent enough. Brooklyn A is the worst and a total
crybaby and annoyed that Brooklyn doesn’t really care for her and knows
she is being used to come hang at the pool. Liya was at a party so it
was nice to not have her in the pool or car ride to lagoon.
Today was ward conference. Nothing new really other than starting next
week it is back to normal church and classes and 2 hours. Katherine did
divulge that the Bishop is going to do a whole reorganization in July so
we are in our callings until then. I think I can muster that especially
since I have some trips planned that get me out of 2 hours. Not a huge
deal to be back and I am glad for it but it’s been a long time and I’m
sure not ready yet.
Masks here are still going. I usually just have one in my pocket and if
someone asks me to put it on I will. But usually they don’t say
anything. Smiths, salsa leedos, Starbucks, the Chinese place, most gas
stations, and even the Scheels weren’t worried about it. The Scheels has
a sign that just says ‘social distancing and masks are encouraged’. I
think that is how it all should be. Actually, I think it is time to be
done. We have 3 things that we have to meet in the state and we have 2
of them done to get rid of masks all together. The government here is
saying hopefully by the 2nd week of May but we will see. For now, I am
careful in where I choose to go in try to only go where no masks are the
norm.
This weeks weather is ugly. Crazy cold today, colder and rainy rainy
all day tomorrow, cold again on Tuesday, but warming up for the weekend.
Like 78’ on Friday! So, I tossed out a tentative invite for a few moms
to come sit poolside for a couple of hours. I texted Julie even. We will
see what the weather decides to do but for now I hope it is all about
sunshine and bathing suits this weekend! 

Tyler is headed to float the green river on Friday with Charles. He has
paid a guy (a guide actually is what they are called) to teach them some
new stuff and help them figure out the best spots to fish. He seems
excited. I guess that is all that matters. And if the weather is good
and I am poolside, all the more reason for him to be gone! Ha 
Brendyn stopped over this week. He is looking to plan a honeymoon and
wanted help. I think after it was all said and done he was hoping that
Tyler and I would offer to pay for him to go to Hawaii. Or his backup
plan was to look at a cabin somewhere near Oakley or Kamas. 🤦🏻♀️I
think he was slightly frustrated when we wished him well and sent him on
his way but it’s ok. It was interesting to say the least chatting with
him. He is super naive about what real life costs and that it will take
him doing work to obtain the things in life he wants. I think he has
gotten super used to seeing his parents have everything handed to them
and he is a little expectatious himself. I hope he doesn’t have ‘hard’
ahead of him.
Anyways, I love love you and am so thrilled that tomorrow is Monday! I can’t wait to see your face and chat it up with you.
Love you to the moon and back.
Mom
 |
|
- back to the 1% meals around here |
 |
|
- B and Charli hanging out with me on the deck |
 |
|
- I white trashed it on the planters around the pool and put fake flowers in them! |
 |
| More fake flowers |
 |
- B and the gang at LaGoon this week
|