Email from Mom to Kaitlyn: Sunday, April 18, 2021
From: Mom
To: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Sunday, April 18, 2021
Subject: Spring in Utah is deceiving
Hey!
I am going to apologize right now for not having much on the drive from
home this week. I am hopeful this next week will be better.
It has been a hard week but we are seeing the light at the end of the
tunnel and for that I am grateful. Brooklyn has worked her guts out and
has a B in math and is so thrilled. I love seeing her realize that she
is good at math and capable of getting higher grades. Christian worked
everyday until Alaina arrived in Utah and then he pretty much bailed on
that. He went to prom last night. Didn’t send me any pictures so the one
I took is literally all I have. I know they did breakfast at Kneaders,
went to a trampoline park in Orem and that he is pretty much America
ninja warrior ready, had dinner at a kids house, went to the dance, then
back to the kids house for a movie. I don’t know if he will share with
me what he did or how it was and it’s another one of those that I have
learned that I can’t ask because then I am just judging or whatever.
🤷🏻♀️
The weather here is so lame. You hear the birds chirping like crazy
outside, the trees all look super pretty with their blossoms, grass is
turning greener by the minute, the sun in shining, and so you head out
thinking it will be warmish...yeah. Not at all! It’s like 40’ and so
cold! Oh and it snowed two days this last week too. It has been a
horribly cold Spring this year. Let’s just say I am more than ready for
Summer and hot weather. (Even though right now my body temperature is
all over the place and I can’t decide if I am freezing or sweating hot
at the moment)
Tyler and I went and walked through chuck and Shawna’s new monstrosity
last night. Wow. There are literally SO many walls everywhere and the
layout makes zero sense as you go through it. Choppy but as long as they
like it that is all that matters. And Ryan balls is doing their massive
block wall in the backyard...it feels super industrial. And their
backyard isn’t very big at all. And the kids’ bedrooms, smaller than
your room and their closets aren’t even walk ins. All talk but now it is
coming out and they aren’t getting what Shawna has been tossing around.
The stairs it will take to go from the road to the front door is going
to be awesome. It’s a pretty good grade change so there will be plenty
of them. (Oh and you will never guess, they will be doing pavers for the
stairs 🤦🏻♀️)
We have the landscape guy coming Wednesday and Thursday this week to get
all the new planting done. I am so stoked about this! I cannot wait for
color to be back in the yard instead of just cream and beige and that’s
all. I’ll have to keep you posted on that
Well, that’s about it for here this week. Other than the fact that
banning was called on by Tyler Wednesday night to see if he could come
get 2 bags of fluid in me. I had a horrible setback of a dang bout of
not eating after not worrying for 15 years. I don’t know why I let it
happen but it got bad and Tyler was hoping banning was available but
knew if he wasn’t, an ambulance ride was going to have to happen. It
wasn’t good. And I am paying the price of allowing it to happen but life
is getting better. I need to not care about a # on the scale, I need to
eat & not starve myself, and I need to find the happy within again.
Banning got 2 bags of fluid in, I was finally able to sleep, I still
have a headache I am dealing with, my eyes are a little blurry, and I
can’t decide if I am sweaty hot or freezing cold. Eating disorders are
lame and I swore I would never go back to the life after the last time
in beauty school but I found myself there over the last 3 weeks and it
wasn’t good. But today is a better day. And tomorrow will be too. ️
I sure love you. I can’t wait to hear about the Book of Mormon painting
you did and how that came about. I can’t wait to hear about your week
this week too!
Love you to the moon and back
Mom
Brooklyn chose this picture as her profile picture for her LaGoon pass this year. So freaking funny!!
I got this picture of Max today. Don’t know why he has a bow but I guess
is it makes them happy to dress him up like a girl then more power to
them.
Oh and then there is the garage cleaning day (again) because the new
boat has to be picked up this week and brought home. (Remind me to tell
you about Chuck and his inquiries into all of our ‘stuff’ these last
couple of weeks)


