Sunday, April 4, 2021: Email from Mom

From: Mom
To: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Sunday, April 4, 2021
Subject: Recap

Well...we arrived home from Arizona and it was FREEZING!!! Like not even kidding. We sat poolside on Monday in 91’ weather and flew home that night to 34’ weather. Holy crapola! 🥶
The weather on Tuesday was windy and cold. I was dreaming of Arizona even though the hotel we stayed at was less than anything great and the pool was way over crowded. I just missed the warm something fierce. All 3 of us had our first vaccine appointment down at Walgreens. That was slick and so easy. Not a line and we all got in and got stabbed and went on our merry ways. Everyone seemed fine but my arm was killing me all afternoon and then trying to sleep that night..what a joke! I still have a little sore spot and it’s tender to the touch but at least I feel like I can move my arm today. Already so not looking forward to round #2 in a couple of weeks.
After our vaccination run Brooklyn came with me to get the groceries for our upcoming camping trip. I have so much anxiety going into this trip it isn’t funny. I don’t know if it’s Savannah or the dog or maybe it’s both? I just don’t wanna deal with the Stephens. Sad!!
Wednesday was a morning of heading to Herriman City for passport stuff with Christian. It was a bit of a joke to get there because the city was giving away free bags of Easter eggs in a drive through parade so we had to detour and go through neighborhoods. Needless to say I was glad when we got inside. We got all the paperwork handed off, paid the lady, and walked away.
Tyler headed down to little Moab to drop the trailer and find a spot since who knows how man other people will be camping. He came home SUPER annoyed. I guess banning had the kids and the da!’@! dog with him to drop their trailer and in the first 60 seconds Tyler said he heard Banning yell ‘cowboy’ at least 35 times. 🤦🏻‍♀️And of course, he parked their trailer right close to ours. Tyler said he asked banning if his dog was going to cause problems for our dog and banning I guess just laughed and said ‘no of course not’. I told Tyler, the weather at home is supposed to be ok the upper 70’s all weekend so if it gets to be too much and not fun with their stupid dog and whiny 14 year old I am going to want to come home. I know B wants to go and drive the rzr and mini bike but if she has had enough too then it makes it so it isn’t fun anymore and there is no reason to stay. I HATE their dog!!! And I will not hesitate for one second to kick that dog and walk it over to their trailer and tell someone to be in charge of the stupid thing. And I quite frankly right now don’t care one bit if they hate me for it. Whatever! You brought the dog you deal with it and don’t make our trip (or the Millers trip) miserable! Ugh...it’s going to be a LONG 3 day camping trip I am afraid.
Camping was DUSTY and holy cow so dirty. So so dirty. We will all be blowing fine dust and dirt out of our noses for weeks and I don’t think we will have clean hair or insides of ears anytime soon either. So many people and so many rzrs, motorcycles, dirt bikes, and bicycles but in the end the kids seemed to have all had a blast. Tyler bought a new motorcycle and Brooklyn and Christian rode the heck out of that. Brooklyn drove the rzr non-stop and I even introduced Akaela to the jump ramps in the rzr too. So seriously funny to hear her squealing as we went over. Jaime was in the backseat and it was awesome. Cowboy proved to be the trouble dog but Banning and Jaime took the hint when they showed up and we had the trailer moved away from them and told them part of the reason we moved was to give Charli some space. For the most part, no problems.
We came home on Sunday and everyone was more than ready for a shower. But then we had to get rid of so much dirt and dust from the trailer and all the toys that we took. We all helped Tyler empty the trailer and then showered and then Tyler opened the pool. The kids played and played and even got Jorge the Llama out and into the pool for some fun. I lounged in the sun and it was heaven. Today’s temp high is supposed to get to 79’ and as I type this I have sweat running down my back so I am sure it is close! 😂
Easter was low key. We had an egg hunt while camping and then I had some treats here for the kids when we got home. It’s hard when you don’t have ‘believers’ in trying to make it fun but in the same breath I love that it doesn’t have to be a huge production either. Double edged sword as a Mom.
I have loved conference so much this weekend. I am looking forward to one more session to close it out. I always feel so much more edified after listening and just feeling the overall Spirit each of the speakers present. How is it as a missionary? Different or similar?
I’m excited to talk to you tomorrow and catch up. I am hopeful you will know where you are headed next and what your week holds as far as transfers are concerned. I’ve got you in my thoughts and prayers. I love you always and forever
Mom 

Jorge the Llama (oh and Brooklyn too!)

 

Popular posts from this blog

Mom's Talk: Sunday, July 10, 2022

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom