Week 13 Email: The One With Pawtucket
From: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Monday, April 12, 2021
Subject: The One With Pawtucket
Olá todos! Como vai?
This week has flown by, so many things to catch you all up on! Okay so as I said last week, I've been transfered! Not going to lie, I was super sad to be leaving my area in CT and all the amazing sisters in apartment 3A, but as I've learned this week, the Lord has His own timetable ;) My new area here in Rhode Island is massive but I'm currently in a little city called Pawtucket. I have a new companion as well! Her name is Sister Pearson and she's amazing! She's a huge movie and TV show quoter just like me so you can imagine our conversations. We also both went from 4 Sister apartments to just us 2 so it's been a bit of an adjustment for both of us, but we're both excited to be serving together:) Here's my weekly highlights!
- I officially hit 6 weeks here in the New England area woot woot!
- I had transfers and got to see the Herriman Gang again but also said goodbye to meus amigos from CT
- I got to teach some of my first lessons in Português! And here in
Pawtucket they also speak Creole (the unwritten language if Cabo Verde)
so I'm slowly picking that up
- I got to meet the amazing branch here in Rhode Island and let me just tell you, they are absolute sweethearts!
- I attended my first sacrament meeting here and got to bear my
testimony in Português for the first time since the CTM. I think my
teachers would be pleased to know I've progressed haha!
- Sister Pearson and I now both have callings in the branch and your home girl is the Relief Society secretary haha!
I told you guys, lots to catch up on haha!
Spiritual Thought
If I'm being honest I didn't have as much time this week for my studies
as I would have liked but I did learn a few really great lessons. This
week was quite the adjustment and I found myself needing a little help!
Two scriptures came to my mind this week and have honestly been my
motto. They're both in D&C 100 verses 12 and 15, but mainly verse
12:
"Therefore, continue your journey and let your hearts rejoice; for behold, and lo, I am with you even unto the end."
Life is hard man! Changes are difficult! Normally I'm not too opposed
to change but leaving and area and being thrown into a new area that
speaks a language that isn't even written has proven to be difficult
(haha who would've thought!) I promise to all of you that even through
the hardest of times, there is one person that knows exactly how you are
feeling and He will never leave your side:) So, lift up your heads and
keep pushing forward! There is so so much good in the world and you can
either choose to focus on the bad and difficult things, or press forward
and seek out the good!
If you made it all the way down here and actually read
this, parabens haha! Thank you all for your sweet words, support, and
your time to read this email ;) I'd love to talk to all of you as well
so feel free to email me or write me a letter :) I wish you all the
best week and remember that the Lord loves you and so do I! Make this week the best one yet!
Com Amor,
Sister Garcia
My new address for all your letters;)
75 S Union St. Apt 310
Pawtucket RI 02860
PICTURES! (the best part;)
-Quote from Conference that I liked
-The Hartford Connecticut temple
-The last picture with the Charleston Gang
-My new Comp Sister Pearson!
![]() |
| Hartford Connecticut Temple |
![]() |
| Charleston Gang |
![]() |
| New Comp...Sister Pearson |
![]() |
| Quote from Conference |



