Week 14 Email: The One With Tres Meses!

From: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Monday, April 19, 2021
Subject: The One With Tres Meses!

Ola todos! Saudades vocês! I hope you all had a fantastic week and were able to enjoy the beautiful weather, I'm a little jealous haha! The weather here has taken a slight turn and started to rain but I guess Rhode Island just needs to live up to the whole April showers thing ;) This week was full of work and I can honestly say that nothing will stop the Lord's work, I've seen it first hand :) Drumroll for the highlights please....

-I got to explore beautiful Rhode Island on my first pday here woot woot! I'm learning just how pretty the coast is! Sister Pearson and I got to go on a little scenic drive around our area and I got to drive! 
-I tried Cachupa for the first time. I couldn't even tell you what it was other than it just tasted like oil haha! It's supposed to be the bomb in Cabo Verde butttttt I don't know about that;)
-I got some bomb ice cream to celebrate my 3 months woot woot!
-Sister Pearson and I got a little crafty this week with some paint (pictures below!) 
-I taught an English class to one of our super sweet members:) who would've thought I'd end up being an English teacher! 
-Sister Pearson and I probably made a new contacting record trying to get people to come to church this week 
-CHURCH! We go to church every week but this week was just a really solid week :) and our branch is full of THE cutest people! 
-I've been slowly but surely picking up the language more and more but learned that leaving messages in Português is a little odd haha! 

Spiritual Thought! 
This week my studies have been all over the place honestly haha! One thing that I've come across is from D&C 33. That chapter is a solid one about missionary work but it applies to all of us ;) I especially love verse 17. It reads, "Wherefore, be faithful, praying always, having your lamps trimmed and burning, and oil with you, that you may be ready at the coming of the Bridegroom"  This past General Conference there were a lot of messages about preparing ourselves, not only mentally and physically but spiritually as well! This scripture emphasizes it even more. We don't know when the Savior will come again, but we must be like the 5 wise virgins and have oil ready for our lamps. Do you know how sad it would be if the Savior came and we weren't prepared and we missed the opportunity to live in glory with Him? It would be terrible! I also love that the verse points out to be prayerful and faithful. It's through our prayers of faith that we can better understand the Spirit and recieve revelation for our lives. So, don't just pray to get it out of the way, pray with faith and real intent! Better prepare yourselves for when Christ will come again! :) 

Thank you all for just being amazing and for your sweet words! I love getting your emails and letters:) I hope you all have the best week and that you can start improving your prayers ;) Come on, you know some kind of invitation would be in here, it's a missionary email haha! Anyways, I hope you're all doing good and living your best lives! I'm so grateful for each of you and all your support:) Eu amo vocês! 

Com amor,
Sister Garcia:) 

Pictures! 
- Our little adventure on pday last week (we had to put the phone in a tree haha!) 
- Beautiful Rhode Island! 
- SORVETE! 
- Arts and crafts;) 


Rhode Island
Our Adventure on PDay
SORVETE!
Arts and Crafts

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom