Week 15 Email: The One With Mr. Potato Head
From: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Monday, April 26, 2021
Subject: The One With Mr. Potato Head
Oi gente!
I hope you all had a
great week! This week was a little slow, but it started to pick up as
time passed. We saw so many little miracles this week too! Sister
Pearson is amazing and we have such a fun time together too so our weeks
are always full of laughs :) I was reflecting on my mission so far and
it truly has been AMAZING and God is too good! Here are a few
highlights!:)
- We had more bipolar weather this
week out here in Rhode Island! It was warm one day and then cloudy and
rainy the next, but we have some BEAUTIFUL flowers blooming so I don't
mind at all ;)
- We got to go to the famous Newport
Beach! It's seriously so pretty over here! I even found some yellow
flowers, for those of you who don't know that's my favorite color!
- Sister Pearson and I went to drop off a Bible this week and ended up finding a giant Mr. Potato Head on our adventure
-
We told some spooky stories with the DL's for our call ins to spice
things up but also got festive with some bunny glasses. We gotta keep
things interesting when we're inside all day:)
-
Sister Pearson and I destroyed a dresser at service and I learned that
even with my whole body weight is not enough to break things
-
We had 2 of our friends show up to church in person this week! This is
huge people! Our members are by far the best and our friends really felt
so loved :)
Spiritual Thought:
This
week I've been pondering a lot about my intentions. I read a really
great talk by Elder Dallin H. Oaks from an older version of the Ensign
(I think it's called the Liahona now?) called, 'The Desires of Our
Hearts' I highly recommend btw! ;) As I read it, I came to realize that
no matter what we do, no matter what happens, the Lord knows our hearts
and our desires. We are destined to fall short in this life and that's
okay! We have the BEST judge on our side, the Lord! He knows what our
intentions are and what we desire. The tricky thing is to strive to
align our desire with righteous things. With righteous desires come
righteous blessings! :)
Thank
you all for your love and support! I love hearing from all of you and
getting your letters too :) Have the best week and find something
everyday that makes you smile! Have a great week! Eu amo vocês!
Com amor,
-Sister Garcia
Pictures!
- Newport
- Mr. Potato Head
- Bunny Gang
- A nice shot of me mid jump trying to break the dresser at service ;)
![]() |
| Newport |
![]() |
| Mr Potato Head |
![]() |
| Kaitlyn wrecking havoc on a dresser during service! |
![]() |
| Bunny Gang |



