Email from Kaitlyn to Mom: Monday, May 24, 2021
From: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
To: Mom
Subject: A Busy Week
Hey hey hey! Okay so for starters, sorry about the lack
of pictures this week! We've just been super duper busy and leading an
area is a lot! I did realize just how much I know about everyone here
though. This week has seriously been crazy! You'll read about that in a
minute though haha! Onto your email real quick! :)
- Christian might just be a social butterfly now haha!
- She's just growing up ;) remember when I first had boys over to the house? Haha!
-
Your flying time just sounds like a lot of movie watching to me haha!
How were your flights? Did you have to sit by some weirdos?
- Why did she take it upon herself to just start cleaning up? She's literally never cleaned up after anyone before?
- I'm actually happy Banning got rid of his crappy mustache haha! But also not because what the heck?!
- The Stephans are thinking divorce?? What the heck?? Is it just a whole bunch of stuff adding up at this point?
- I love the Millers! Lile seriously so much! I'm glad they can provide some sanity for you especially for trips like this ;)
-
Things are kinda opening up, but honestly nothing too much. We can go
back for second hour at church though! I hope things start going back to
normal soon though
- Sister Parrish is a huge
blessing! I love Sister Pearson but I probably wouldn't be comps with
her again... it's all good though ya know?
- I seriously love your emails! They make my whole day and I love getting to know what's going on:)
Now onto my week!
MONDAY
I
love getting to talk to you every Monday! I hope that the rest of your
bike ride was good and that the sun stayed for a while too ;) After our
little excursion to the doctors office, we decided to explore downtown
Pawtucket for a minute. The weather was a little crappy for a minute so
we ended up in the mall and in Zales of all places haha! I was not
overly impressed but I did kinda wanna try on a ring ;) They didn't have
anything that was even close to what i want so I didn't, but man was I
tempted haha! When the weather lightened up a little hit we went to the
capital building (that looks like a temple) and a cool little boardwalk.
Pawtucket is actually really cool when you can go explore :) Anyways,
nothing too crazy happened tonight. We had 4 killer lessons scheduled,
but only 2 of them actually went through. Kinda sad, but what can you
do? Sister Pearson and I were low-key a little dead today though,
couldn't tell ya why but man haha! I'm actually shocked at how fast
today went! I think just talking to everyone makes the day go by way
quicker than normal. I hope you had the best rest of your day! I love
you to the moon and back! 
TUESDAY
How
is it already Tuesday?! That means that tomorrow is transfers!? I'm
honestly not ready for Sister Pearson to leave, I feel like we've grown
so so much and not to pick favorites, but she might be my favorite comp
I've had :) Today was low-key just a packing day for her and it was so
sad to watch! Ahhhh! We did have 2 really solid lessons this afternoon
though! One of our friends, Any, passed her citizenship test today too!
Woot woot! God is too good :) The other was with our friend named Ivan.
He may have to be passed off to the English elders but we aren't quite
sure yet. He's kinda hard to gage not gonna lie. We did go to this super
cool Calzone place today too and guess what was freaking playing??
Beyonce! And not only that, but the Beyonce song I would scream in the
car haha! Of course I took a video of it because I had to remember that
moment! ;) Honestly today I just did a lot of Facebook work and gray dot
work while Sister Pearson packed. I sent a LOT of requests and went
through Area Book to see if there's anyone that we've missed this past
little bit. Other than though we didn't really have too much going on
today :) I feel like tomorrow is gonna be way more interesting so I
gotta leave some word count for that ;) I hope you had the best day! I
love you!
WEDNESDAY
Holy
cow mo. whatta a freaking day! First off let me apologize for the lack
of pictures this week, it's been a little crazy. Leading an area is no
joke and there's so much to get Sister Parrish lined up on. Speaking of
that, today was transfer day! It was actually way sad to have to say
goodbye to Sister Pearson. She may or may not end up at home this
transfer too, but I'm glad I got to serve with her:) This morning we
finished up packing Sister Pearson and stopped at Chick-fil-A to get the
transfer tradition breakfast haha! Then it was time to head out! It's
still so crazy to me that it's already been 6 weeks. When we pulled up
to transfers there were already so many people there! It was actually so
nice to have some social interaction too haha ;) I'm starting to get to
know people more so I was able to go and talk to everyone and see
what's up. I got to meet Sister Parrish too! She's actually so sweet and
we have so much in common! Such a blessing! Her family is low key like
Brittan's and loves all things softball and baseball. You'd 100% like
her too haha! She has a boyfriend that's serving right now too and it
kinda matches up with Brittan and I. So like she'll get home about 4
months before him. We're both MA's, her dad is actually a PA too! It's
just already so so good. When we got back it was just unpacking and
getting ready for prime pros. I tried my best to get her all caught up
to speed and make her feel comfortable. I don't wanna say that I love
leadership, but I feel like I definitely do better in leadership. We got
to meet our friend Celeste too! She's been in Cabo Verde since I got
here so I've never actually met her haha! But now she's back and we had a
really great lesson with her. After pros though is when things really
got started. When we got back from transfers I asked the elders if they
had an extra study desk. They went from a 4 elder to a 2 elder so I
thought maybe ya know? They didn't so I figured I'd be sitting at the
table this transfer. After pros though Sode and Mons knocked on the door
and they had a desk! It seriously made my whole night! I now have a
srudy desk and it's amazing! It's the things like that just make my
heart so happy :) We also ended up fixing Elder Strait's hand tonight.
Like I seriously almost gave stitches mom! He cut his hand on a can and
it was bleeding pretty good. Luckly it wasn't too terrible and we were
able to just superglue it and tape it. Transfers are always sad, but
Sister Parrish seems awesome and we actually get along so well ;) I'm
super excited for this transfer and to see what the next six weeks
bring! How was your day?! Again, sorry about the lack of pictures and
the slow response on Facebook. Leading an area is a lot and I didn't
have a ton of time. I'll be better next week though! I love you! 
THURSDAY
Today
was such a good day! Mom I'm really doing it, I'm really leading an
area! It's still definitely scary and I don't wanna mess anything up,
but I'm really doing it :) Today was weekly planning day too! Sister
Parrish had the best idea to go get some treats for weekly planning,
kinda like a little comp date. But before I get too into that, how are
you today?! How's the trip? I can't wait to hear all about your week :)
Anyways, today we had to make a LIVE for one of our Facebook pages. It
was actually way fun and we got to interview the elders that live with
us. Sister Parrish is also super talented and makes videos all the time
so the LIVE was super high quality haha! After that though, we went and
got our treats. We have this vegan bakery by us that is low-key way over
priced but whatever haha! We both got some smoothies and then headed up
to the roof for weekly planning. That's when I had to give her the
rundown on all of our friends and start planning. She's super awesome
and has a ton of ideas for ways to help our friends, I love Sister
Pearson but I think she was getting a little burned out here and I felt
like my ideas weren't good enough ya know? We had a super awesome lesson
with Clarindo (we dropped a livro off to him last week), he actually
has so much potential it's crazy! I just hope he keeps meeting with us
and it's something he wants to do. I feel like his desire is there so we
just need to help him out with his testimony now. I'm actually so so
excited for this transfer mom! I think a lot of our friends have a lot
of potential and growth that can happen:) Also sorry about the lack of
writing, I feel like I'm not typing as much but we just don't have as
much time anymore! I love you forever 
FRIDAY
First
district counsel woot woot! We've been spending a lot of time at the
church lately because of our whole WiFi situation but that's okay, it's
literally across the street so not anything too bad :) We uploaded our
LIVE that we made yesterday and were able to get that all turned in and
ready to go. Time has been seriously flying by too! I can't believe that
it's already Friday. We decided to be productive at the church today
though. We made some flyers for our English class to hopefully get more
people to come because as of right now we're lucky if we have 2 people
in the class. We got those all printed and then headed into DC. Not
gonna lie, it's kinda weird to see Elder Mons haha! I'm just used to him
for high school in cowboy boots and always talking about diesel stuff
with Nate. You could tell that he was nervous but I had the get to know
you question and tried to help lighten the mood. I think it worked too
haha! Our district is so fun this transfer! I'm actually just really
excited to see what this transfer holds ya know? We did get some news
today though in DC. The biggest one being that this transfer is only
gonna be 5 weeks and this next transfer will be 7 weeks. We're getting a
new mission president so it's to accommodate that. We got some other
mission news, but nothing you need to worry or know about haha! ;) We
had a really good lesson with Annie tonight too! We went over the Plan
of Salvation and she was like, 'yeah that makes 100% sense that we lived
with God before and we will after! Why wouldn't we?' I seriously love
her so much! After her lesson though we had English class. It's not my
most favorite thing, but the people make it worth it :) We normally have
Rita and sure enough she was there, she's seriously the sweetest and I
definitely needed her spirit tonight. I was a little upset tonight not
gonna lie, not in like a real big way but my heart hurt for sure. Sister
Tergerdine, that was in the CTM with me made it to Brazil today. It's
just hard. I'm so beyond excited for her to be there and to be in her
original call, but it also is so hard to see her there and know that
she's there and I'm not. I don't know it's just hard all the way around.
Obviously I love it here, but Brazil is my call. That's the end goal ya
know? I feel like the Lord doesn't trust me to be there right now or
something. I know I have a lot of maturing to do and so much learning,
but why was I called there if I'm not even there? I don't know it was
just a bit of a rough night, so seeing Rita made me feel a little bit
better :) Enough of the sob story though haha! I hope that you had the
best day and that you traveled safe! 
SATURDAY
Hey!
How are you? How had your Saturday been? Guess what we did today?! You
gotta at least have a guess before you read what we actually did. I hope
that you had a good guess ;) Today we went and put up our English class
flyers! Mom I freaking love people and I wish so badly that I could go
out and talk to them. While we were hanging them up so many people asked
us about it and we were able to talk to them in Português! It seriously
was so so cool and made my heart so happy :) I can't even begin to tell
you! It took up quite a bit of time but I loved it and I actually felt
like a real missionary a little bit. Anyways, today we spent a lot more
time at the church so that Sister Parrish could update her phone to the
new MAAS360. I didn't have to because the MAAS that I have now is the
most up to date, bênção! Besides the point, it seriously took forever
and I've just decided that the software is the worst and I already can't
wait to not have to deal with it, whether it's in Brazil or at home
haha! Tonight we just did contacts, nothing too crazy honestly. Sister
Parrish's charger did break though and the little pronk got stuck in the
outlet, I was just gonna take one for the team but she said no sooo
haha! We ended up getting it out so don't worry! The sky was so cool
tonight though so we took a teeny brain break for a minute and chased
down the sunset! Seriously so fun! I love Sister Pearson but she
wouldn't have ever done that with me. I already am having so much fun
with Sister Parrish and it hasn't even been a week yet :) I love you
mom! 
SUNDAY
Church!
My most favorite thing! My love for church has seriously grown so so
much! I also just love the members here so maybe that's the other part
haha! I just love going and getting to talk to everyone and feed off of
them honestly. My social battery needs a lot of help these days haha!
It's all good though :) We did get some super exciting news in Branch
counsel this morning! Not this next week but the week after, we can do
second hour in person and the link will start to go away! I'm so beyond
excited and I can't wait! I feel like it's gonna help our branch so so
much:) In Sunday school today we talked a lot about being prepared and
making sure we have what we need. Irmã Guzman even asked us to share
what we would do if our husband cheated on us. I was like, "uhhhhhh I
don't know?" She then continued to tell us that we need to be prepared
with a job and with our savings to provide for our families and make
sure that everything can be taken care of. She also was telling us that
we need to make sure to teach our kids all the righteous things too. It
was kinda weird not gonna lie haha! We didn't have too much tonight
though. We tried to do the Book of Mormon Experiment but I don't know
how well that really worked out for us because we didn't get anything
back haha! It's okay we can try something else and at a different time.
We did make a goal to go through all our members in Area Book and
determine what the heck! We have like 98 member records and most of them
just need to be transferred or something because they may not even have
a phone number. We put in a whole bunch of contacts to get that ball
rolling. Seriously other than that though, we had a pretty low key night
:) I hope you had the best day and that the Braves had a good game! ;) I
can't wait to talk to you tomorrow! I love you forever and for always