Email from Kaitlyn to Mom: Monday, May 31, 2021

From: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
To: Mom
Subject: Baking, Boba, and more!

Hello hello! 
How was your week?! I just wanted to say thank you for everything! I got one dress, the blue one. I still need to check the mail room for the rest and I need to try them all on, but thank you for sending them :) I'm not gonna lie, this week was a little slow, but Sister Parrish is awesome and we have a good time together! Sister Pearson did end up going home on Saturday so I'm gonna shoot her a text to see how she is. I sent a letter that should be waiting for her at some point;) Now, onto your week! 
- The new boat looks way nice! There is a lot of black but maybe we can figure out a hack or something? Maybe Tyler can do some research ;) 
- Dang! Well I bet B is glad that you aren't selling the razor right? ;) that's lame though that it didn't live up to the expectations 
- Why all of a sudden does he want his kids to come? I get the show part of it, but they're gonna destroy the backyard or think that they can just come and go as they please. Do Randy and Kristina see the show part of it? 
- The friends reunion is something I'm already looking forward too! Haha! :) the amount of times I quote friends is unreal so I'm glad I'll get to watch it one day 
- I never thought I'd say it, but I miss the birds! Haha! I may or may not be a bird lady when I get older ;) 
- I'm sorry Chrish went, I really did try! Maybe him going for only a little bit is good though and he can see that other things are more important, does that make any sense? 
- How was the pool with the Stephens? How's Jaime? I feel like I would need a longer break from her if I were you 
- It's so crazy that the end of the school year is already here! I remember when I got ready to leave it was just barely Christmas break! 
- Deal! I can't wait to just lay in the lounger and do nothing! ;) 
- I hope this week went by pretty quickly and that you were able to find some lily moments;) I definitely miss being home, but I love this work more than anything and I can't wait to keep going! And if the rest of the mission is gonna go by as fast as it already has, I'll be home in no time ;) 
Now onto my week! 
MONDAY 
Ola ola! Okay so I know I already said it, but I really am so so sorry that I didn't get to talk to you as much today. I mean I did, but I was pretty trash at texting not gonna lie haha! How was the rest of your night?! I did talk to Chrish for a minute so hopefully that helped, I don't know too much but maybe? Tonight was nothing too crazy. We're currently going through our area book to filter through all our memeber records, so tonight was just a lot of calling. We did set up a few member lessons so that's pretty cool! All the elders knocked on our door tonight at like 9:05pm too and to give us back our car keys. Not only that but they had nerf guns for us! They may have just started a war haha! I hope that you had the best rest of your night at that this week is good! Thanks for always telling me exactly what I need to hear too :) it must just be a mom thing! I love you! 💞
TUESDAY 
Hey hey hey! How are you?! Today I realized just how much I miss the smell of our house haha! Everytime I walk in the apartment I just always am like, 'dang this isn't the same' haha!  Anyways, today was kinda an interesting day! We didn't really have much but it also felt like the longest day too. I don't know if that makes too much sense ;) We were supposed to have a lesson in the morning but he canceled so we had to rearrange some things. We ended up making some new flyers for Aula de Inglês and working on our Facebook page for that. We're thinking of dropping those off here soon. We also had a Facebook post to make for the PO page so we got that all taken care of. We had a really good lesson with Any and Irmã Odete too. I want so badly for Any to act! She has faith and she's been taught everything that it's just the action part she's missing. I don't know how to motivate her or anything and it's just a little hard ya know? We were set to have an in person lesson with a member, but she didn't show up BUT she did call and remark for another day so that's pretty cool ;) Other than that though nothing too crazy went on tonight haha! We did a lot of work for the English class page and made it all look pretty and invited a ton of people to it! I'm actually really pumped for English class and to see what came out of things ya know? Also! Thank you so much for ordering those dresses! When they get here I'm gonna have to try em on and send you a video or something haha! But seriously thank you so so much :) I hope you had the best day! I love you to the moon and back! 💞
WEDNESDAY 
Good morning! Well, it may not be the morning for you but oh whale 🐳 I feel like today went by so fast! We are doing virtual and in person exchanges, but we also are doing study exchanges. That means that today for comp study we did a little exchange for and hour. It was nice to get to talk to Sister Florence, I actually did my first ever exchange with her back in Bridgeport! She goes home at the end of this transfer which is just so crazy! After that though, the morning just flew by and before I even knew it we had to get going to service. They changed our service to Wednesday afternoons instead of Thursday mornings. I honestly didn't know how I would feel about it, but I think I like it more. There's more people and I get to talk to them :) We did have to hop on a meeting as we were driving back though and it just made me laugh haha! Irmã Domingas just wanted to check in with us and our service. She was super sweet :) When we got back it was already time for dinner so I decided to shower (I was so so gross!) And get ready for prime pros. Tonight was kinda lame:/ but what can ya do? We have 3 lessons and all of them fell through, 2 were even with members! It's okay, we ended up just making a lot of contacts. We did have the idea to make some overnight oats and see if we could do it so after pros we did haha! We don't have Mason jars so we just put them in little baby Tupperware and it actually worked a lot better than I thought :) I think they're gonna turn out good! Sister Parrish had the idea to have a 'movie night' tonight too and watch The Chosen. President Mavromatis said that he was totally good with us watching it and the church funds it so that's what we did :) It's so so good mom! You need to watch it! I've only watched the first episode and my mind is BLOWN!!! Did you know that the woman in the Bible that has the demons and Christ heals her is MARY MAGDALENE?! I HAD NO CLUE!!! The way it all plays out literally gave my chills! Anyways, that was pretty much my day, nothing too crazy. I hope that our nights start picking up a little bit so that I feel a little more productive haha! I love you! 💞
THURSDAY 
Okay today was such a fun day! President Mavromatis doesn't like the word fun to describe the mission, he prefers joy but today was fun haha! We started the morning off with a killer pilates workout! Sister Parrish and I were dying and our butts are sore haha! We had our studies and then we decided to make a little picnic for weekly planning. It was so good mom! We went to this cute little park and ate lunch and did our weekly planning. Today was not as humid as yesterday was but it was still a pretty nice day. Sister Parrish is awesome! She and I always bounce ideas off of one another and we're low-key the same person.  I just have so much love for her already. After out little picnic outing, we wrote some letters to members of our ward and I think we're gonna make cookies to go with them as well, we'll have to see. Anyways, we both needed a bit of a break from sitting today so Sister Parrish and I took the rubber chicken we found in the apartment and threw it in the Português Elders apartment. I feel kinda bad not gonna lie about it. What if we hit them?? I need to send them a message. We had a lesson with Annie tonight! I love her! Another thing I really like about Sister Parrish is how much she let's me talk in the lessons. I've never taught a lot, let's be honest haha! But she let's me try and that's all I could ask for :) We had a night full of contacts because we're STILL going through our Area Book. The sky was too pretty to just watch from the window so we took a short walk and made our calls. Somehow while chasing the sunset, we ended up in the cemetery?! Ask me how? I couldn't tell ya haha! It was so pretty and so nice outside though, it's definitely summer;) We closed out the night by continuing our watching of The Chosen. I seriously love it so much and you need to watch it ASAP!  Espero que você tenha uma ótima noite! Eu te amo muito! 💞
FRIDAY 
How is it already Friday?! I feel like pday was just yesterday but also that it wasn't. I know I've said it before but mission time is something else haha! Anyways, we had district counsel today woot woot! I always love going and seeing everyone makes my heart happy. It still is a little weird to see Elder Mons especially in church clothes because that just isn't something I saw in high school ya know? We actually had a really good DC and we were even told that President Mavromatis is making an announcement on Saturday about something so fingers crossed?! It could just be that we can eat with members but I really hope it's that we can tract :) Mom guess what?! A gray dot that I called is now green! Ahhhh! We called this lady, her name is Joseline and she's the cutest! She was willing to hear from us and now we have a new friend! Woot woot!! Another tiny blessing today is that Leah Ryser sent me a gift card. How sweet is that!? I gotta write her a thank you letter here soon ;) Today we didn't have too much go on. We did go LIVE to see if we could find anyone new, but that was kind of a bust not gonna lie. Pros was full of contacting and Facebook finding, I have a few promising people but it's hard because you set up a time and then they don't want to meet. It also didn't help that Sister Parrish and I were so tired today. She wasn't feeling too hot so that was no fun. Guess what we had for dinner tonight though mom?! Chicken and broccoli!! It made my whole heart so ao happy! It's a total 180 from Sister Pearson. Anyways, that was something that made my day better:) what's something that made your day better?? I love all the videos of B and Tyler in the pool too haha! I'm jealous you guys have super nice weather and got to watch the FRIENDS reunion!!! Definitely need to watch that the second I get off the plane ;) I love and miss you! 💞
SATURDAY 
I thought it was supposed to be summer?! When we woke up this morning it was so rainy and gloomy, what the heck?! It's weather like that, that makes me want to just sit inside with a blanket and watch friends or something, but nonetheless thw work goes on haha! Anyways, today felt like the longest day in the car! We spent the majority of our day taking flyers everywhere that would let us. It blows my mind just how many cultures are in this tiny little area of Rhode Island! We did find a few hidden gems though and the flyers are actually working! We asked the Elders how Aula de Inglês was and they said we had 8 people instead of just 2! I know it's only a little bit, but that's huge improvement if you ask me! Haha! Our nights have been pretty slow not gonna lie, the area feels a little dry but I have faith that things will start to pick back up. We did have a lesson with our homie Lenoir. He's way nice but I get the vibes that he's willing to talk to us because we're sisters ya know? I don't know, he's a gray dot that we just check in with every now and then honestly. Tonight after pros though, Sister Parrish and I decided to make homemade Boba! Oh my gosh was it a mess! It kinda worked but we definitely need a lot more practice and help haha! We made a little orange smoothie to drink it with and it wasn't half bad. I just really love Boba and I wish we had some in Utah but it's all good. It was kind of a late night though because we stayed up to make that haha! How was today?! Anything fun and exciting?? I love you and I can't wait to talk to you! 💞
SUNDAY 
Our members are awesome mom! We had two really great talks at church today and I just LOVE the people here! This week I've been thinking about why I'm here, really just about the whole reasignment thing but I don't know if I have a true answer yet. I'm coming to terms with everything it's just easier some days than others. I don't know why I'm here, but I do know that I love these people and it's going to be sad to leave them. We didn't have anything too too crazy happen today. Kinda the norm except this week was the last week for zoom! Next week it goes to in person! I'm so excited but also so scared too haha! Tonight we had a lesson about the restauração! I love teaching that honestly, it truly is so so amazing. I love getting to say the first vision too! It's one of those things that I feel the spirit so so strong and I say it. Crazy to think that when I left I couldn't say a single word! Haha! Tonight was just a lot of finding and calling. Most of the time no one answers but tonight we did have one woman answer but she spoke cambodian, what the heck?! We gotta figure that one out a little later haha! We had to bake something tonight as well to keep that tradition alive, soooo we made homemade peanut butter cups! They weren't the best but it worked pretty good. Sode even said he was proud of us so I'll take that as a win! That's about all for today! I can not wait to talk to you tomorrow! I love you! 💞

Popular posts from this blog

Mom's Talk: Sunday, July 10, 2022

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom