Email from Mom: Friday, May 28, 2021

To: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
From: Mom
Subject: Hello!💗  

Good morning from home! How are you this morning? I have been awake for about an hour now and found a spot on the deck just outside my bedroom to feel the sunshine and watch people as they hit the trail. I don’t know if they can really see me with my decor flying so it makes it even more fun.😂
This week has been full. Something every single day to take care of.

Tuesday Tyler and I got up and headed to Idaho early to pickup the new boat. I hadn’t seen it before so I wasn’t sure what to think. Makes me anxious to know he made this big purchase without me seeing it you know? Anyways, the ride up was fine. We talked mostly work and the trip to Hawaii. Talked about how we need to add some extra friends to the group etc. The weather was sunshine and nice until about 10 minutes before we got to the boat place. Then dark clouds, wind, and cooler temps for sure. It was then that Tyler told me we were not just picking up the boat but we were also taking it on the river so he can learn how to use all the things on it. 🤦🏻‍♀️Let’s just say I am sure glad I grabbed a jacket!! In the end, he seems really happy. There is a LOT of black on this boat and that means a lot of water spots and I’m afraid money being spent to have it detailed after each use. I don’t know how else you keep them off and stay on top of them all.
Wednesday we got going early again. The pool has been causing some issues with the pH level and Tyler has been trying to figure it out but can’t get it so it’s not high and so the water isn’t cloudy. Needless to say, the visit with the pool guy wasn’t pleasant and then when we found out that the panel Banning installed is bad it went even more downhill from there. Seriously...so frustrating but hopefully we will get it remedied and move on. I just wish Banning would have checked it and made sure it was a good panel and that he would also eat the cost to replace it but..whatever right? It’s another one of those things we just need to remove him from. After the pool situation was done we headed to Oakley. We needed to mow the lawn but more importantly, Tyler’s new Ranger was ready to be picked up. Another big purchase I had no idea what to expect. So I dropped him off and went to start mowing the lawn. By the time I was almost done he got back and then we went for a ride. The selling point to me when he wanted to buy the machine was that it was a quiet ride, the doors were sealed so you don’t get dirty, you had heat and a/c, etc. but you could take it on trails like the rzr does. Well...lies. The thing is LOUD like the rzr and I can’t touch the floor sitting on the seat unless I slouch down so my legs and toes fall asleep. Needless to say, totally unimpressed and when Tyler asked if I wanted to learn how to drive it I told him no. And told him we clearly aren’t selling the rzr unless it is so I can make a large purchase and buy myself a new one. So annoying!
Wednesday for the most part was quiet. We both had plenty to take care of around the house and Tyler at work so I took advantage and got what I could done without overdoing it. Meaning mostly that I took care of the dandelions in the lawn & also the daffodils and tulips that needed to be plucked out of flower beds.
Thursday the painters arrived to get the doors done in the back that couldn’t be done last year because of the madness. They were here literally all day long. Tyler was off at Layla’s graduation and I created a grocery pickup for Saturday for our Memorial Day gathering happening on Monday. Tyler was going to stop at the Costco on his way home so I ran to the Walmart to grab the things I knew the Harmons wouldn’t have. I also ran to the Deseret Book for temple slippers for Maya foe graduation. On my way home I got the text from Tyler that pretty much ruined the rest of my week and now weekend. Ready for it? He has invited his kids to come on Monday. Of course he did and he expects to put on a show for Randy and Kristina that for the last 10 years nothing but good has been created. I seriously am so annoyed and I know Brooklyn will be furious too. The only good thing is that the Millers will be here for B and I can always find a reason to just remove myself instead of watching it turn into a show. I just hate that an event I have put together will be showcased and taken over by 3 people who use the heck out of their Dad and quite frankly don’t have any sort of relationship with him. And I hate that Tyler is going to allow me to be uncomfortable in my own home just so he can look good to his family. Again, whatever...but I can’t be done already with this weekend soon enough.
Wanna know the best part about Thursday??? The FRIENDS REUNION!!!! Oh my gosh. I totally paid for HBO Max just so I could watch it and I downloaded it to my phone so you can watch it when you get home too!!! I laughed and I cried through the whole entire thing!! It was so so good and I wish you had been here to watch along with us. 💗
Today is Friday and it has started slow. I got up and opened the house, let Charli out, and have been in my chair since. The sunshine is super warm and I am sweating in places I paid for that quite frankly...gross but whatever. The orioles are out cackling, the jays are swooping, hummingbirds are buzzing, and I am 100% perfectly content with all of it. (Even if I literally just had a bird fly over and poop on the arm of the chair I am sitting in! 🤮)
Christian has made the choice to go to Idaho and left this morning. I wish I could say I am not disappointed but I am. On top of it all he isn’t staying the full weekend like he was planning because he has a meeting Sunday at 11am with the Stake. So he will be home tomorrow. He has committed himself to a 4+ hour drive there and back for 24 hours or so to be with this girl. And a girl I just do not trust. Ugh...parenting!!
Tyler needs to put hours on the new boat for its first service and to be able to pull someone surfing behind him so he is busy getting the boat out so we can go drive around Utah lake (gross) for a couple of hours this morning. Then back home so B can have some friends over to swim. Friends that include boys! I cannot believe we are there with her already but it is fun to watch her grow up.
Tyler is thinking of inviting the Stephens over for pizza and to swim tonight. I sure don’t but he can’t go too long without Banning. I am annoyed at that because I just don’t want to deal with Jaime and their kids. And Tyler always ends go away doing with just him and Banning so it will fall on me and poor Brooklyn.  So we will see how that plays out I guess. Other than that, I am hoping for a good weekend of pool time. Weather is in the 80’s and no moisture due at all. Supposed to be climbing to the 90’s next week. I cannot wait already!
The kids are done with masks at school! Seriously, I put the boxes away that have been by the garage man door for over a year now and it felt so good!!! Yearbook day for both kids is the 2nd, Christian has a yearbook stomp that night and then I guess a parade? He told me about it and when I asked if he was participating he said he didn’t know. I told him I wasn’t going to last minute it so he needed to let me know and he said ok. I am taking it as of now he isn’t planning on it. 🤷🏻‍♀️Graduation is the morning of the 3rd, B has field day she is going to go to (as of now anyways), and then B is having a swim party here that afternoon. I think *again think because he hasn’t really disclosed his plans* that Christian will go to the senior night at LaGoon on the 3rd. Then it is officially Summertime and that means a whole lot of no more setting an alarm in the morning and a whole lot of backyard laziness that I simply cannot wait for. I am going to miss having you next to me in a lounger but I promise I will save one for you so you can be lazy with me when you get home. Deal?
What did yah learn about masks in your area? Anything yet? I was apprehensive to open your google pics to that one because I wasn’t 100% sure what it would say. Mostly I was slightly worried you were headed to Brazil. 🤣I am hoping you go but I have loved so so much having you stateside and the ability it has given me to send you stuff here and there. Speaking of, did your dresses arrive? I think Friday and Sunday or maybe Monday were the delivery dates. I can it remember right now. You’ll have to let me know is they work out or if we need to get them shipped back for a return or exchange. Easy to do it so, just so you know.
Well, I guess I better say goodbye for now. I am sweating pretty good and I can see Tyler pacing out the corner of my eye which means he must need some sort of help with getting the boat out. I also need to go shower myself and see if B wants to go float around with us. I haven’t seen or heard from her all morning so maybe she is still asleep too. Who knows!
I love you and I miss you. I have seen so many pieces this week of where you fill in my gaps for me. I am figuring it out but know there is a presence that we all miss. I am proud of you and excited to hear how your week has gone. I will keep you posted with pics on this weekend. Pray that it goes by fast to get over the ugly mess Tyler has invited to take place. Let me know what you need/want and where we can focus our prayers on your behalf this week as well.
I love you for forever. To the moon and back,
Mom 🤟🏻💕


I cannot wait for you to see this!!!


 

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom