Email from Mom to Kaitlyn: Saturday, May 8, 2021
To: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
From: Mom
Subject: Hello there
Happy Saturday to you! How are you today? I am sure sorry about the
whole Amazon delivery thing. I went and looked (well I thought) to make
sure the delivery address was to you and clearly it was not. I could not
figure out what was being delivered because we hadn’t ordered anything.
Needless to say...mom fail moment.
This week has been fine. Glad it is over and we are starting a new one.
It’s had good moments along with some challenges. Nothing we won’t all
work through. I got travel vaccines scheduled for Christian, the kids
had dental appointments, I had lunch with Angie (& learned all kinds
of stuff about her house guest and the madness she is living), we had
some really great weather days so I spent some time pool side and even
watched a baseball game while floating. We had the Millers up to swim
one night and just tried to stay low key. Yesterday started out good but
by the end of the night it was windy and cold. We seriously were in the
80’s yesterday and in the 50’s today. And windy. So windy. Which just
makes it even more cold than what it should be. I am tired of it and so
ready for summertime to make a for real appearance.
Tyler and I ran to the cabin today to mow the lawn, check water level
(the white rock with the hole in it across the way is almost buried by
water), and to turn the sprinklers on. I actually fell asleep in the
chair by the river for a little bit while Tyler mowed! Just the right
sound of noises between the river and mower I guess. Plus, I have had
two late nights in a row getting Covid tests scheduled for Hawaii.
Walgreens doesn’t open new test times now until midnight instead of 5pm.
🤦🏻♀️And just to be safe I booked one for Monday and one for Tuesday
too.
I am solo at primary this week too for Sunday. Katherine is visiting her
son in Seattle and has her girls with her, Larissa is going to church
with her mother in law, and Jennine..well, she doesn’t really make many
appearances so tomorrow should be super fun. I actually think I am going
to make Brooklyn hang with me to help when I need it.
I am not 100% sure I am ready to leave for Kauai this week. I have mixed
feelings. I am sure in the end it will be fine and a good trip but it
is going to take some effort for me to get excited about it. Akaela
sends me a text daily to let me know how many days, Jaime drives me nuts
daily which makes me want to tack on numbers of days to Akaela’s text,
and I am not overly thrilled at what I am hearing as far as how Kauai is
welcoming visitors back. Time will tell.
I had a lovely text from Brooklyn this week regarding Ms Thackeray. Wait
until we can chat to hear this one. I ended up calling the district
that is how bad it has gotten. And if I don’t hear anything at the first
of the week from anyone I will make an appointment with the principle
and teacher. I have never been so upset when it comes to a teacher like I
am at this moment. But again, time will tell and we will work through
it.
I had a heart to heart with Christian today. It wasn’t easy. And I let
him know that even though he has written me off in his life that I will
always love him. I told him I just want him to be happy and comfortable
with himself, whoever that is. He has so many versions of himself that I
don’t know any of them (& I worry that he doesn’t know himself) and
I let him know how sad it makes me for him. I just want him to like the
person he sees in a mirror. I don’t know what else I could have done
for him over 18 years to have him feel as though I have been a good Mom
or that I have done everything in my power to try and make his life as
good as I can and allow him to find himself along the way. In the end,
he has made it clear that his life is better without me in it and he has
others he trusts/respects more. I pray one day things will be
different. Again, time will hopefully tell and hopefully we work through
this.
Everyone seemed to have loved the gifts I sent. Some recognized the
yellow and sent texts to say it made them think of you. I am glad so
many know of your love of this color. I sent flowers to Lorraine and
grandma and they both got them so I feel like I can check off that list
of things to do for now.
I got a super sweet Mother’s Day letter from Elder Rose in the mail. I
wasn’t expecting it at all and when I read it I bawled like a baby. He
was so sweet and it meant so much for him to take the time to send it. I
did get your pink envelope today and will wait to open it until
tomorrow like you said. But just so you know, that is HARD! like
a kid seeing Christmas gifts and being told to wait hard! Ha ha. Thanks
for sending it nonetheless. You sure didn’t need to, I know you have
lots of other things going.
Speaking of...talk to me about the burglary you and Sister Pearson
participated in with a guitar!!! I have shown that video to so many
people and we just all laugh. But now I need to know the story and if
they have their guitar back yet?? How did your lesson/visit go with
Elba?
Well, if I had a word count I am sure it would have gone long ago so I
will end this now. Thanks for reading along and entertaining my word
usage. I love you and am excited to catch up with you this next week.
Have the best Sunday (oh remind me to tell you about your calling
too...so funny!). I love you to the moon and back and miss having your
smile and voice in our house. But I know you are doing the right thing
and are right where you need to be for now. I am so proud of you and all
you are doing and who you are.
Love you for forever.
Mom 🤟🏻