Mothers Day 2021

You have NO idea how happy I was when Kaitlyn told me that she got a bonus phone call home on Mother's Day! That would make 3 in one weeks time. Seriously, it was the best thing ever.

Kaitlyn put a card in the mail and she told me on our call on Monday to wait until Sunday to open the 'pink envelope'. So I did but let me just say that it was HARD! Like when you are a kid waiting to open a Christmas gift or birthday present hard. Ha ha ...but it was worth the wait. 


How freaking cool is this card? It is 3D and sits on my desk now so I can look at it every single day. For as long as I can remember I have always told the kids "I love you to the moon and back" and it has been our thing. The fact that she was able to snag this for Mother's Day is just plain awesome. I love love it and I love having it on my desk.

While we were sitting in church my phone went off with a notification that Kaitlyn had tagged me in a post on the Facebook. When I clicked on it it was a video and her comment said something along the lines of 'look at this, you may make an appearance'. So of course, volume down, I watched during Sacrament Meeting and this is what came across...

"My most favorite thing about my mom is her Christ like service! She never hesitates to serve and she's always ready with open arms. One of my favorite memories with my mom has gotta be driving in the car and singing to Brittnay Spears on a summer day with the windows down!"

I will admit, I laughed in my seat and love that just music in the car being wild and crazy is a favorite memory. I will never forget the countless times we got caught in the rain with the top off the Jeep or just cruising and turning the volume up as loud as we could muster and handle to have our own little jam sessions. 

After church and dinner we were all just sort of hanging out and my phone started to ring. I was so thrilled to get to see her face! We didn't have long but she wished me a Happy Mother's Day and told me that she loved me and was excited to have more time tomorrow to talk. It's crazy how incomplete your day really is as a Mom when you have missing kids in the house. I never thought it would feel like that but today with just 2 of the 3 kids home, my heart definitely was missing a piece. 

I am so grateful that Kaitlyn chose me to be her Mom. She has been the best start of motherhood and she is still in her adult years teaching me how to be better in all the things. I have loved being there to help guide and raise her and watch as she has made choices and learned from hard things and celebrated all the good things. I am constantly in awe that I have been blessed with keeping safe watch over one of our Heavenly Father's greatest daughters. Most days I feel very inadequate. Kaitlyn/Sister Garcia, I love you for forever and for always. You have blessed my life as a Mom but even more so as a best friend. Keep on being you and keep on doing all the things you are doing. 

I love you to the moon and back,

Missionary Momma



Popular posts from this blog

Mom's Talk: Sunday, July 10, 2022

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom