Phone Call with Mom: May 10, 2021

I start each Monday with Facebook texting Kaitlyn and love that my day gets to start out that way. I love knowing she is up and going and that her day has started alongside mine. And then when my phone starts ringing with a video call from her, it makes my Monday that much sweeter!

Today Sister Garcia said they got up and went for a walk because the weather is not so great and going to be expecting some rain. Similar to here at home...crazy weather in Rhode Island right now too. They also decided when they got back that they would clean out the fridge. Like really clean and  scrub the shelves and drawers and all of it. She said it was so gross. She also said that because of the weather she wasn't 100% sure on what the plan was to just get out for a bit. 

Sister Pearson and Sister Garcia are still talking with Elba. Elba has done a complete 180 and is unsure of why she would go to church, why the sacrament would be considered sacred, and basically is saying she isn't understanding any of what the previous Sister Missionaries had taught her. Kaitlyn said it was a blow and hard to hear but that she is grateful that she is still willing to take the calls and listen. I think that is a great way to look at things. I am glad she is staying positive. 

Sister Garcia also had her first face to face interview with President Mavromotis! She was so nervous she said but also said it went great. She went first and when he asked her if there were any concerns she said she told him no. He also asked her to write some goals that she would like to work on and she is excited about this challenge. Her goal is to have more faith filled prayers and to be able to feel and recognize the spirit more. I love her. Man do I love her and her faith. And that she knows that as long as she trusts in the Lord all things are possible. 

Sister Garcia told me that they are also talking with a sweet 12 year old, Ivania. This young girl sounds like a total rockstar in my opinion, or Sister Garcia is nailing how to sell someone! Either way, she sounds darling and sounds like she is really excited about learning what the missionaries are saying and trying to teach her. This sweet girl is one for sure we will keep in our prayers here at home. 

This week was full of Facebook finding (and getting frustrated and then seeing rewards with the follow through), Sister Garcia was also told that Sister Pearson will be leaving this transfer so they have been diligently working on their Area Book and getting it cleaned up and trying to make heads and tails of all the dots they have going on. Sister Pearson has been in this area for 4 transfers so she is super familiar with the members, the friends they have been working with, and has the best overall look between the two of them. I think Sister Garcia is a little nervous about heading up the area but I am sure she will rock it and good things are yet to come with her in the lead.

Today for some reason hanging up the call  was harder than it has been for me on my end. I know every week that I am going to have to say goodbye, and that goodbye isn't for forever but instead a small 7 day window, but it is still hard. And it still feels like FOREVER in those 7 days. Today I am missing having Sister Garcia just flitting about at home or even just hearing her laugh. I miss her having the house full of friends who make fun of one another or who just fill this place with happy. Today my heart aches to have her home, even though I know she is doing the right thing. Don't ever take for granted the time you have with your 'littles' even though they grow up so dang fast! When people would say 'You are going to miss this' I don't know that I ever fully understood just what that meant. Now, today at this very second, I totally do. 

I love you Sister Garcia. More than you will ever know,

Missionary Momma



Popular posts from this blog

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom