Week 16 Email: The One With The Roadtrips
From: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Monday, May 3, 2021
Subject: The One With The Roadtrips
Ola todos! Como vai?!
This
week was equally the fastest yet slowest week. How did that happen, you
tell me! This week was so fun and so full of the Spirit honestly. The
COVID restrictions have been slightly lifted so we were able to have
more missionaries together for zone conference! Before I get too far
into this I just wanted to say thank you all for your sweet words and
prayers! I feel so so loved and supported by each one of you :)) Here's
my weekly highlights!
- We had district Pday last Monday and we really embraced our inner 6 year olds and went to a trampoline park!
- I had my first real life in person lesson with our sweet friend Elba! I actually felt like a real life missionary :)
-
We had zone conference! It was such a huge blessing too because this is
the first time since the pandemic that we were able to combine two
zones. It was so so nice to see everyone and get to have some social
interaction haha!
- We drove to Bridgeport to get
my second dose of the vaccine so your girl is fully vaccinated ;) AND I
got to see Sister Hull and Sister Farnsworth again for a mini reunion!
- We had another road trip into Boston this week too for Sister Pearson (hence the subject line!)
- Sister Pearson hit her 10 month mark and we celebrated with some really good smoothies:)
Spiritual Thought
This
past week the word thay has been circling in my mind is 'joy' It is
probably my most favorite word in English and in Português ;) Something
that President Mavromatis really stresses for us is to find joy in the
work. There's a really great scripture in Psalms 16:11 "Thou wilt shew
me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right
hand there are pleasures for evermore." When Christ was in the worst
pain imaginable, He still focused on joy! How incredible is that?! JOY
is so powerful, it can literally change the worst situations around.
This week I promise if you focus on joy, you'll see just how amazing God
truly is :) God is too good guys!
Thank
you all for taking the time to read my emails, write me emails and
letters, and just talk to me haha! I really do appreciate it all so so
much and I love hearing from you guys. I hope you all have the best
week! Saudades! :)
Eu amo vocês!
Com amor,
Sister Garcia :)
Pictures!
- The gang at the trampoline park
- Zone Conference!!
- Reunion back in Bridgeport:)
- Smoothies for Sister Pearsons 10 months!
![]() |
| Reunion in Bridgeport! |
![]() |
| Smoothies for Sister Pearson's 10 month marker |
![]() |
| Zone Conference |
![]() |
| P Day at the Trampoline Park |



