Week 17 Email: The One With Mother's Day

From: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Monday, May 10, 2021
Subject: The One With Mother's Day

Ola todos! 
It's your favorite Sister coming at ya with another weekly email! The weeks keep getting quicker and quicker I swear! This transfer is almost over for crying out loud, how crazy is that?? This week was full of miracles and tender mercies too, just yet more subtle reminders that the Lord truly is in everything:) Here's my highlights! 

- We had a mission wide sunrise yoga at 6:45am  and let's just say Sister Pearson and I are yoga pros 
- I had my first in person interview with President this week! Not gonna lie I was a little nervous, but President Mavromatis is the best and doing things in person makes my heart happy :) 
- We got to have a lesson with the sweetest 12 year old, Ivania! The spirit was so strong and she's the cutest:) 
- We had Zone Training! It was so so nice to get to see everyone and get to chat with them again! 
- I gave my first ever talk in Português yesterday! It honestly was not as bad as I made it out to be in my head and all I have to say is the Spirit is so real :) 
- Speaking of yesterday! Feliz Dias Das Mães! The branch was so sweet and gave all the sisters flowers! 
- We truly had miracles happen this week and we were able to find new people to teach! The Lord's hand is in everything and not even a pandemic can stop His work :) 

Spiritual Thought 
This week started off a little rocky I won't lie. I felt like all we did just lead to a dead end. It was actually a little frustrating because we were doing everything right, but we just kept getting shot down. By the end of this week though, after a lot of scripture study and time on my knees, we saw miracles! I found a quote this week as well that really stuck with me :) Elder Holland said, "Some blessings come soon, some blessings come late, and some don't come until heaven; but for those who embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ, they come." I couldn't have said it better myself! ;) It's hard to trust in the Lord's timing about 98% of the time, but I promise that if you embrace the gospel and use all the tools that the Lord has given, blessings will come :) 

Thank you all for your emails and letters! You guys are the best! I hope all you all had a fantastic mother's day too :) I wish you all the best week and I hope that you're all doing well! 
Saudades! Eu amo vocês! :) 

Com amor, 
Sister Garcia 

Pictures! 
- Sorvete! 
- Cute Sister Pearson 
- Feliz Dia Das Mães! 
- A picture of me and the best mom ;) 
Sorvete!
Feliz Dia Das Maes!
Cute Sister Pearson
A picture of me and the best mom ;)


Popular posts from this blog

Mom's Talk: Sunday, July 10, 2022

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom