Week 18 Email: The One With A Birthday!
From: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Monday, May 18, 2021
Subject: The One With A Birthday!
Ola todos! Como vai?
I
hope that you all had the best week and enjoyed some sun, I know I did
for a few days;) We got transfer news this week as well. Unfortunately,
Sister Pearson is leaving me and headed to Brockton, MA. That means that
on Wednesday I'll be picking up my new companion, Sister Parrish! I'm
so sad to see Sister Pearson leave, but I'm ready for these next 6
weeks. This weeks highlights are a little bit long too so I apologize in
advance ;)
- We had a
lesson with one of our friends and she said something that made my whole
day! She said and I quote, "God doesn't just love me, He's crazy about
me" The love that the Lord has for each of us is out of this world!
- Sister Pearson and I did a little adventuring and found a pretty cool little amphitheater
- We had in person exchanges this week! I got to see the amazing Sister Potter again and I learned so so much from her :)
- We had a mission wide breakfast cooking day haha! We made some pretty good Orange Julius not gonna lie
- Sister Pearson and I witnessed a bee die on our blanket while doing some weekly planning outside
-
WE CELEBRATED SISTER PEARSON'S BIRTHDAY!! Elder Sode even made her a
cake ;) We celebrated with some tacos and lots of cake! Our members are
the cutest and wanted to share the love haha! I also did some sneaky
decorating of the apartment;)
- We spent a lot of
the time in the sun this week! New England has had some really great
weather so Sister Pearson and I have been doing our work at local parks
and soaking up some sun
Spiritual Thought
This
week I was doing a little studying in the book of Luke, specifically
the story of the Prodigal Son. We all know the story, but there was a
verse thay really stood out to me this time around. In chapter 15 verse
20 it says, "And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a
great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and
fell on his neck, and kissed him." It says that he ran to his son and
welcomed him with compassion. The Savior does the same for us! His arms
are constantly open and He will run to us when we need Him most. I don't
know about you, but that's pretty incredible. The most perfect man, the
literal Savior of the world, will run to YOU!
If
you made it this far, parabens! Thank you all for taking the time out
of your week to read my emails and to talk to me :) I can feel all your
love and support! I love this work with my whole heart! Espero que vocês
tem uma boa semana! Saudades e amo vocês! :)
Com amor,
Sister Garcia
Fotos!
- Amphitheater we found this week
- The Bunny Gang is now the Bunny Band
- Exchanges with Sister Potter :)
- The Bee Funeral :/
- Sister Pearson's Birthday
![]() |
| Amphitheater we found this week |
![]() |
| Exchanges with Sister Potter |
![]() |
| The bee funeral |
![]() |
| Sister Pearson's birthday |
![]() |
| The Bunny Gang is now the Bunny Band |




