Week 19 Email: The One With Sister Parrish

From: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Monday, May 24, 2021
Subject: The One With Sister Parrish

Ola todos! Como vai? 
This week has been so busy, but so much fun! We had transfers this week and I got my new companion Sister Parrish, we already have so much in common and are having a blast:) I hope you all had the best week! Now onto the highlights! :) 

- Sister Pearson and I spent our last pday together taking in the scenery of downtown Pawtucket 
- We packed Sister Pearson up to leave and let me just say, it hurt my heart! I seriously love her so much and she'll be so so missed here in Pawtucket 
- I got my new comp! Her name is Sister Parrish and she's amazing! We hit it off pretty quick and I already love her so much :) she's also killer at photography and video making 
- My new District Leader, Elder Mons made some bomb cookies for us! Shoutout to probably his mom for her recipe haha! 
- Sister Parrish and I did some sunset chasing one night and got to look at the ORANGE sky! 

Spiritual Thought
One thing that I've noticed this week is just how powerful scriptures are! I always knew that they were powerful, but this week it really just hit me. This week has been a little crazy with transfers and leading an area, but the moments that I've felt totally calm and at peace have been as I'm studying. This past General Conference President Nelson encouraged us to decanter our lives. I remember thinking to myself, "What do I have to declutter? I'm doing the Lord's work!" Boy was I wrong! Haha! We all have so many things that clutter our lives, work, school, chores, even things like doubts and worries. It's when we declutter our minds and lives that we can truly feel the Saviors love for each of us and Hear Him :) 

Thank you all for reading this week's email and for your emails last week! I'm still here in Pawtucket so feel free to send me any snail mail ;) Espero que vocês tenham uma ótima semana! Saudades! 

Com amor sempre, 
Sister Garcia 


75 S Union Street Apt 310 
Pawtucket, RI 02860 

Pictures! (Ps sorry for the lack this week! I didn't take nearly enough this week!)
- Classic Herriman Gang picture at transfers 
- The Sisters of the MBM 
- Me and Sister Parrish with the cookies from Elder Mons 
- The sky! :) 
- Downtown Pawtucket 
Sisters of the MBM
Downtown Pawtucket
Herriman Gang
New comp and cookies from Elder Mon
Sunset..one of Sister Garcia's favorite things


 

Popular posts from this blog

Mom's Talk: Sunday, July 10, 2022

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom