Email from Mom: Saturday, June 19, 2021

To: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
From: Mom
Subject: 2 missionaries coming our way

Happy happy Saturday to you!
This week has been low key for the most part. Plenty going on but nothing to report that needs any attention or even re-living really. I tried to be better at keeping some notes this week for each day and hopefully that means a productive email rather than a long drawn out one. 🤞🏻
My Monday ended with what felt like never ending kids in a pool. It was weird to have the Teerlink’s up but mostly because I don’t really know them. It was fine and they were easy to visit with but still just different. Tammy Alsup stayed until the girls were almost in tears because it had been such a long day. She is weird dude. So so weird. But I am glad it worked out for them to have their kids here. It seems like they had a good time.
We had a ward bbq on Tuesday this week. Just over at the splash pad by Blackridge. Rodney got a bounce house that had a small pool in the bottom as well. They cooked hamburgers with some chips and fruit and we (the Primary) were in charge of ice cream. So Tyler and I ran to the Costco and grabbed creamies and drumsticks. It was a fairly good turn out and everyone seemed to have a good time. I was able to ask both Akaela and Jaci if they will serve in RS with me and I am hoping they will agree when it comes time to meet with a bishopric member. Kylie Girsberger was so excited to stay in with us as well. I hope it all works out and we can go in and make some much needed changes.
Wednesday is the day I’d like to forget this week. Tyler and I ran to the cabin to mow the lawn and get some of his mountains of laundry done. Only on the way up he just went into full mode and by the end of it, well let’s just say it wasn’t a great end. People were coming to swim and he handled that alone because I needed some time away. Ahhh adulting. So fun right? 😩
Christian got word from Brother Thomas that he will be set apart at home on Tuesday at 7. That is making it seem and feel super real all of a sudden. I cannot believe 2 missionaries at once. Wowza is about the only word. So proud of you both and I am excited to see you both at the end of each of your time and hear all about them.
Thursday was low key. I decluttered and beat the garbage man so I didn’t even have to mull on it all week wondering if I needed to go get something out of it. I just got to where the cabinet under my sink held so much stuff I never use. Product, trial size stuff, all that. Plus my nightstand by the bed had SO much stuff it was embarrassing. Anyways, felt good to get rid of a lot and then I spent my afternoon on the deck. I pushed and cut cuticles, polished nails, and even found a quick nap in the middle too. My super pretty new handbag came today too!!!! 😍oh my gosh I love it so much. Tyler took the boat to Idaho (which was good for him to be gone), Brooklyn chilled until she “3rd wheeled” hanging with Kinlee and Lincoln, and Christian started getting his room all packed up. He got the computer and everything set up and after his room is packed he should be pretty much ready for home MTC.
Friday was a pool day. Literally went out at like 11:30 and came in at 2:15 so I could shower. Angie Câmara Manuel was coming over to discuss RS Pres stuff and I didn’t want to smell like pool. Christian and Brooklyn hung by the pool too. They got in for a break from the heat but still nice of them to hang with me. B is working on her tan pretty good. Even moving away from her high waisted tankini Janela Bay suits. I think Cutler plays a huge role in that. He is in Cancun and due home Tuesday and she cannot wait. Speaking of Cutler…in the pool yesterday she says ‘Mom, I wanna tell you something.’  And then proceeds to tell me that Cutler kissed her!!💋 and you should have seen the grin on her face. So funny. So I said ‘you kissed him huh?’ And she’s all ‘he kissed me. I didn’t kiss him’. Then I giggled and explained it takes 2 people to kiss and she’s all ‘well then yeah I kissed him’. Fuuuuunnnnnyyy!!! It was here at then house, in the loft. Lincoln was here but when she was telling Tyler later that night (didn’t hold back and grinned from ear to ear while she told him) she said Lincoln wasn’t paying attention so Cutler went in for the kiss. When she told me I asked her if she had told Christian because he was getting in the pool at the same time and she said no. She even said she hadn’t told you yet and that I should feel lucky because she always tells you stuff first. 🤣🤣seriously it was the best day in the pool yet I think.
My meeting with Angie was overwhelming to say the least. I told Rodney I feel super inadequate with this and after talking with Angie all of that is still confirmed and weighing so super heavy on my heart. I don’t know if I can do this calling. I am going to have to lean on my Heavenly Father more than ever I am afraid.
It’s Saturday morning and it’s 6:40am. I am outside on the deck, Charli is already sound asleep again after being let out and coming out with me, kids and Tyler are still sound asleep inside, and I will admit that I really enjoy this time of my morning each day. I see the walkers and the runners. Occasionally a mountain biker rolls by but rare. The sprinklers are going and the sunshine is leaking through some cloud coverage that is hanging this morning. It’s peaceful. And with life doing all it is doing, moments like this for myself are just what I need.
I’m not 100% sure what my day looks like today. Brooklyn asked Christian to take her yesterday to get a Fathers Day card at the Walgreens so I don’t have to do that. Part of the issue on the cabin day revolved around Tyler and his kids and the same old as usual so I don’t know what his plans are for Sunday with them or is he has any. I asked Christian if he was going to your dads and he said probably not and that he didn’t remember it was even Father’s Day. I’ll ask him again but it really comes down to him and what he wants anyways so as long as he is good with his choice.
I am bailing on church tomorrow. Already committing to that. Sad. But I need the day to group myself and ready myself for this crazy new world that will start next Sunday as I pretend to play in Relief Society. I think a day at the pool is what will be in store. I also think that I need to be at the ready for B if Tyler chooses to spend the day with his kids and she is left out, like what usually happens, if so.
I think Christian is getting excited for the MTC. He doesn’t share much like normal but it’s so close. He cleaned the car yesterday because it will go up for sale probably end of the week next week. He got an email about his visa that is super confusing. We already sent the stuff like they asked and they are asking for it again. I am sure the travel group is more than overwhelmed but makes me all sorts of confused.
I started thinking this week about choices. Choices in all the things we do each and every single day. Some of the mundane and repetitive. Some of them new and unsure. There is a consequence to all choices and if we make a wrong one, depending on the choice itself, the consequence can be heavier than anticipated. Some choices in my life at the beginning have made for consequences in my later years that some days seem unbearable. Choices in my life from earlier have sure made my later years easier and better. Even those that have made life better and have proven to be a good choice still have an opportunity to end with a consequence if I don’t continue to persevere and move forward in the light that the original choice required. All of this seems messy as I am trying to explain my thoughts. But…just know that as I thought about choices I thought about you and the choice you have made to be a missionary on our Heavenly Fathers errand. Maybe not an easy choice or maybe the easiest choice you’ve had to make. Some days on the mission maybe easier to get up and going compared to others. Regardless of what the initial choice of serving a mission entailed, don’t lose sight of the long term. Remember your reasonings behind wanting to serve. Think of the example and the experience you will be able to share one day with your children and grandchildren. Think of the lives you are changing and influencing. But mostly think about the relationship and trust you are gaining with your Heavenly Father. What a blessing you are getting to have day in and day out by one simple choice! Know this is all not ignored or not seen here at home. I recognize that you have a choice daily to be where you are and to put in the work and effort you do. The word proud will never be enough. 💕
Sister Garcia, I love love you. I am blessed that you chose me as your Mom before making the choice to come down and experience the mortal world. I am better in life because of your example and your willingness to do those things that the Lord has asked you to do. You are a light in my soul and the joy and happiness you bring to me and to the many around you is contagious. Thank you for who you are and for remaining genuine in all things. Have the best weekend and day at church tomorrow. I can’t wait to be able to visit with you on Monday. Please pass on my love to Sister Parrish as well.
I love you to the moon and back,
Mom

Lauren actually flew to her mission and wasn’t doing Provo MTC like I thought. Robyn brought the kids by on their way home and while the kids swam she talked with Tyler. I should have excused myself because it was hard talk with lots of tears. My heart aches for her and the lonely she is feeling. I cannot begin to imagine the shoes she is wearing.
I don’t know where I stole this from. But something about the simplicity in the image and the immediate feels that came over me made it so I screen shotted it.
Saturday morning. Quiet and peaceful outside. Emailing my fave missionary. Looks to be the best start of a day if you ask me. 🤟🏻

 

Popular posts from this blog

Mom's Talk: Sunday, July 10, 2022

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom