Email from Mom: Sunday, June 13, 2021

To: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
From: Mom
Subject: So long month 5!!!!

Hey! Happy happy Sunday. How has your day been? I have been trying to get time to start my email since Thursday and I am just now getting some down time so I apologize.
This week didn’t hold much other than the temple with Christian and our motorcycle trip. The temple was good. The poor worker had clearly been off for some time and he couldn’t get it straight. Tyler and I were the witness couple and he didn’t know when to send us back to our seats. Grandma was a disaster to say the least and I finally told her she needed to stop talking because she wasn’t making any sense. So she follows that with ‘well I have touched Joseph Smiths sword’. Ummmm okay? Whatever. She is nuts!! We had lunch at cubby’s and then headed home. I hope Christian took something away that he will always remember. When Tyler asked if he had any questions he said just one and asked about the name Elohim. He said they were taught in seminary that that was what the Savior was called, not Heavenly Father. Other than that he said he understood it all and didn’t have any questions. I just have to take it for what he says and hope that when he has questions he will know I am here to visit with. I was just so grateful to be back inside the temple again. Oh, and without a mask too!
We headed to the cabin Wednesday afternoon to mow the lawn and get it opened up some before Kristina and Randy and their friends Megan and John showed up. I took bread to Annie and Crickie and ended up chatting with the both of them for an hour and a half each (3 hours!) so Tyler took care of the lawn and getting the cabin open. We had pizza (well they did) for dinner and then called it a night. We were leaving early Thursday to head to Escalante. I ended up with a horrible migraine and didn’t fall asleep until 4:30am so when the alarm went off at 6 I was not really ready to get moving.
Our drive down was fine. The friends of Randy and Kristina aren’t seasoned drivers and boy did John drive SLOW…you aren’t supposed to leave a gap between riders that a car can fit in and he left enough room for 20 easily. 🤦🏻‍♀️Not a ton of stops, just those that were needed and we arrived to this little bed and breakfast Randy’s cousin owned. The room we had was great and with my nighttime medicine and a Benadryl to take care of whatever weird allergy I all of a sudden decided to have to deal with, I was sound asleep by 7:45pm. It was awesome!
Friday we drove down towards Bryce Canyon and near a place called Duck Creek. It was a pretty drive and reminded me of Lake Powell quite a bit. The friends were complaining about how long the drive was Thursday so lots of breaks. Plus John didn’t sunscreen on day 1 so his arms were so fried they are purple. And you can see the heat coming off them. Not good. I told his wife to order some burn to brown (she did) and to get him some regular aspirin (she did) and he ended up finally buying some 70spf sunscreen and wore a long shirt the next 2 days.
Saturday we dropped Megan and John in a town so they could go to a funeral and we headed home. Funny how when you ditch the slow rider you can travel faster and be done. Sitting on the back seat of the bike KILLED my butt! I am not even kidding. I needed a hot tub jet to shoot on it for 17 hours straight! But instead Tyler dropped me at home so I could get stuff done for Sunday and the farewell stuff while he rode to the cabin to drop the bike and bring home his truck.
When Tyler told me he was speaking I figured he would fill in the blanks if I didn’t take too long. Plus Christian would have some things to say too so I went simple. And Tyler spent a good amount of time prepping but when I saw his notes I wasn’t sure how it would roll out. He jots down bullet points and goes from there where I like word for word on a paper. Anyways, we headed to church to do our thing. Aunt DeAynne and Uncle Kevan were there with their girls and Mary’s girls but no Mary. Grandma and Gary were there and so were Reed and Lorraine. The Stephens were there, Chuck and Shawna, Faye and Floyd, and the other Riddles too. We had so many people there today they opened the overflow and had rows of chairs almost to the stage! Partly because Christian had like 8 full middle rows of friends there. Whaaat??? Not even kidding. So many people.
I get up and do my thing. Tyler gets up and says basically since there aren’t any announcements could he announce one? So Bishop says sure and he calls out for Jason to stand up. Jason by the way is in the overflow almost to the very far back. Jason’s head dips but he stands up and smiles and Tyler says ‘happy birthday Jason’. It was awesome and the only way I can see Tyler speaking is by breaking the ice by something fun like that. He proceeds to share his talk and goes on for 25 minutes! And the kicker?? He got super emotional and choked up with tears a couple of times. It was the coolest thing and most unexpected thing and you should have seen the reactions to so many in the congregation. It was so touching.
Christian got up and he did great. Shared some thoughts and his testimony and excitement to be going on his mission. Afterwards we headed home to host a gathering for some chicken salad sandwiches, chips, cookies, and banana bars. I had Christian grab 5 dozen croissants and 5 things of chicken salad and I don’t have a full salad left and only 11 croissants left. I was sure glad that my sister and all the kids they had didn’t make it to the house to say the least because I for sure wouldn’t have had enough food!
The Stephens were here after church and ate and then headed home so they could get dinner on the grill. The Millers came up a little later but Jason was working on moving a line for their new a/c that is coming tomorrow. Andrea and Rich showed up with their boys and Evan ate and then left because he knows Tyler and I are well aware of the butthole he is to Brooklyn.  Grayson ended up downstairs with the kids watching a movie while his parents sat at the table like they owned the joint. Chuck and Shawna showed up but they were so consumed with all things St George and the new boat and how much $ it would cost them to buy the week of Labor Day on a boat (which btw is ‘nothing so I should totally do it’) and of course Shawna shows up in fresh lulu gear…which remember she doesn’t like lulu?? 🤬Anyways, I ended up getting up and cleaning up in hopes they would leave but it wasn’t until Shawna caught Tyler rolling his eyes at me that they all started to gather things and go. Oh, Faye and Floyd were here too.
The other thing is the Schexnayder’s used the Riddle St George house all week and their brand new boat for Riley and her friends so of course they were calming and texting the whole time they were here saying they were ready to return the boat and keys. I honestly cannot get away from them quick enough. And I think by the time they all left both Shawna and Andrea knew it. Just too consumed with themselves. I need humble friends you know? Can’t say a word about how great the yard turned out (& Tyler had the pool open and everything) but instead wants to let us know how great all the things in their life is and how great they are. 🤦🏻‍♀️
Guess who stopped by on Sunday too??? BRYNLEE!!! She was so cute. She came and had lunch and we caught up and she misses you so so much!! She says she thinks about you all the time and she goes to text you too. She is so cute and SO smitten with Bryson. It’s cute to see her all sorts of giddy and smiling. Tyler was happy to see her too.
I met with Rodney this morning about a calling. Told him I felt inadequate and that I had no relevance even. He just smiled and said that is why he wants me there. He and I talked and I told him I wouldn’t do it unless I could have Akaela as my 1st counselor. He smiles and says ‘that sounds great to me’. Kylie Girsberger is the 2nd and she just got put in so we will leave her and then I will see if Jaci will serve as secretary. I think all the changes will roll out next week? I don’t really know. We will see. I am still beside myself that I agreed to this.
This week is low key. Not much tomorrow other than really super a lot of hot coming our way. B is going to hang with the other Kinlee in the afternoon. Cutler is headed to Mexico for a week and Jada is going to St George for a basketball thing. She is going to miss those 2 a lot I am afraid. Christian has maybe some plans tomorrow but he is working on them. A ward bbq on Tuesday is taking place and I feels like now we have to be there. Wednesday is travel shot day for Christian. He has to be to the U I think at 3 or maybe 3:30. I am glad he is 18 and can do that one himself. I have a follow up call with the hormone Dr and I was freaking on how to do both. Then the weekend will be here and I have an open house for Brendyn’s fiancé at Mary’s house and then we will probably take Jason to dinner for his birthday.
The Millers have had no a/c for a couple of days so I told Akaela to bring the kids up tomorrow if she wants while the new unit is installed. I don’t know if she will or not but we will see. Other than that I hope to get all my primary stuff gathered to hand off to Tammy Alsup when it is announced and get the house somewhat back together. I know the kids try and I appreciate it a lot but it just needs me to go behind them is all.
I wish you had been home today and not just in spirit but it was great to be able to share pieces of where you are with those there today as they asked about you. I talked with Rodney about a MBM plaque and he is happy to get one ordered. I will stay on him. If I am taking the call of RS Pres he can order another plaque! 🤣I sure love you and hope you have had a great week. I am thrilled to say happy 5 months and know we have a small 13 left is all. That is crazy crazy!
Can’t wait to talk to you tomorrow and catch up. Mostly I can’t wait to see your face. It really does make my whole week better.
I love you for forever,
Mom

Tyler LOVES his Elder Happy Bird!!
Holy cow!!! Only 13 to go! So so freaking awesome!!!
Randy, Kristina, John, Megan, Me, and Tyler after breakfast on the last day
Tyler forgot another pair of shoes so he wore his riding boots even in the evenings after we were done riding! 😂😂
Yep…toilet selfie. And tired. And resting my poor butt muscles.
No clue where we are but it was sure pretty
Day 2…started with a ride on a dinosaur
Day 1…bloodshot eyes, numb forehead from the wind hitting it, and some sort of weird allergy that had me all clogged up!
All 3 of us 💕
Tyler and Christian
It was windy but a perfect day

Popular posts from this blog

Mom's Talk: Sunday, July 10, 2022

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom