Email home to Mom: Monday, June 28, 2021

From: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
To: Mom
Subject: Lerica, Helmer, and Fubecas?

Alright alright, hey there mom! First off, your email was not too long! I'm a speed reader out here in Pawtucket :) I am just gonna get straight into it though:) 
- Thanks a million for the Flonase! It's literally a heaven sent and I can in fact breathe ;) 
- Of course I'm happy! I'm literally a representative for Jesus Christ! Yes it's hard (more to come later) but I'm 100% happier than I've ever been! 
- How is this Cutler? Haha! She kills me! 
- I'm so so glad that I got to be there for Christian! Not gonna lie I knew he'd be a hard one to say goodbye to ;) I hope he knows just how proud I am of him and that he knows how much I believe in him too. If it makes you feel any better, I butchered that prayer for one haha! And two I could see you crying but I couldn't tell you were bawling ;) 
- Look at you ripping out all these trees haha! 
- One of the biggest focuses in our stake our here is 'Serve the One'  I often think that sometimes the prompting we get, the ones that we're most reluctant about, have the biggest impact. You've always been good at finding and serving the one :) 
- Christian's days will probably be pretty different not gonna lie, for one he's going off Utah time and not another country and he's also the Provo MTC. I think he'll be busier as time goes on, well we can hope ;) it does take a minute though that's for sure!
- Alright here's the baby list haha! 
• Derrick and Kelsey -> Boy 
• Doug and Cierra -> Boy 
• Braxton and Kyrae -> 2 girls! 
- How's Kathrine holding up? She's a freaking champ but like for real? 
- How's the home MTC? How does it feel to have another missionary? How are you holding up? ;) and be honest! 
Okay I think that's all for this first half and now onto the second :) 
MONDAY 
Holy cow! Today flew by! I feel like I'm blinking and time is going by just like that! I imagine this is what it feels like for parents watching kids grow up haha! We didn't have too much of a busy night but we did get to watch some bed time stories with Elder Mons. I take pride in the fact that I'm the top fan ;) We had a lesson fall through with a member so that was a bummer but it's okay, we'll try again next time! I just want you to know just how much I love you and how grateful I am for you. Seriously I look forward to getting to chat with you and share all my feelings with you. I love being out here don't get me wrong but I also can't wait until I can just text you again and call you and just give you a run down if I wanted haha! I hope you had the best rest of your Monday! I love you forever ๐Ÿ’—
TUESDAY 
Whatta day! Okay so get this, your girl joined a choir! Well kinda haha! We have zone conference tomorrow but I'm staying so I have no reason to go to transfers, butttttt all my friends are going home and this is now or never ya know? So some missionaries set up a secret choir to surprise President Mavromatis at zone conference. Sooooo long story short, Sister Parrish and I went to transfers to join this choir even though we have no idea what's going on haha! It was so so good to see everyone and guess what!? Literally my trainer and everyone else I first met is all going home. How crazy is that!? We snagged a couple pictures and it was time to head back. It was so hot today too! It felt so nice to just be outside and chat with everyone. Oh! Also! We have new missionaries and I think there's about 8 of em, 2 of them went to high school with me.  The MBM is seriously just a huge Herriman High School reunion. Don't know how I really feel about it na verdade haha! We had another in person lesson with Any tonight!! She's a tough friend but I hope that we're helping her and she knows how much we care about her :) She even gave us some banana bread tonight as we were leaving. How sweet is that?! We had a super cool English class with some lady from Brasil so that was rad. I love getting to talk in Portuguรชs! Also side note from today haha! We had to check our 72 hour kit and boy am I glad that we did. The sisters that made it seriously must have not understood the list or something. The only things in there were 4 water bottles, 4 things of soup, 4 boxes of jello mix, and a bag of seeds like from the gas station. How the heck are you gonna survive off of that?! We definitely have to fix it so we had to make some calls so we'll see what happens haha! Tonight was the big night! Christian is now Elder Garcia! How rad is that?! I'm so beyond grateful that I got to call and be apart of Christian being set apart tonight :) It worked out just perfect enough and I'm  glad I got to be there for him. Man am I proud of him and I can't wait for him to be home already! It's hard to not be there for him not gonna lie, but I love that I was still able to call and be there over the phone. I even snagged a picture with his badge, two Garcias are now serving! How rad is that?! I hope that all went well and it was so good to see you guys again today :) I love and miss you! ๐Ÿ’—
WEDNESDAY 
Oh my goodness I love people! Shocker I know! ;) Today we had my first real life zone conference experience! Okay let me back up a little bit. Up until now we've been doing like 2-3 zones at a time and it's been about an hour long. Today we had 6-8 zones and it was a full day!! I seriously loved it more than I can even express :) I also got a lot of notes and heard some really incredible things that I 100% needed to hear. I feel like I'm gonna miss that the most. Just the spirit of having missionaries together and hearing leaders talk. It was incredible to say the least! President and Sister Mavromatis also gave their goodbye remarks. Sad day! I know I've only been here for 5 months but the love I have for them is crazy. His mom even gave a talk! How cute is she?! She gave it in Greek though (her native language) and President translated, except the first go around he translated into Portuguรชs haha! I could understand though so that was nuts! It was such a good day and I can't believe we'd been doing zone conference a different way. Also update, that new Sister, I 100% went to high school with and I had a class with her haha! We didn't have too crazy of a night, we did get to talk to Alessandro though :) He's our homie and we love him! Did you know there's a holiday in Brasil to rob chickens?! I wanna go see what that's all about na verdade haha! I think I may have already mentioned that but I don't know for sure haha! How was the first day of the MTC? Does it feel weird knowing that he's gonna leave in a short 6 weeks? By the time he guys out I'm gonna be closer to my halfway mark then I will to 6 months, how crazy is that?! I hope today was good and that everything is falling into place :) I love you to the moon and back mom! ๐Ÿ’—
THURSDAY 
I can't believe that it's already Thursday! Say what?! This week has FLOWN by! I swear that weeks are just going by quicker and quicker. How fast is this whole mission thing gonna go?! I feel like I just got here but also that I've been here for a fat minute haha! Anyways, we had service this morning because we didn't go yesterday. I don't know what our deal was today but both Sister Parrish and I were SO sleepy. To the point that just everything was funny at service. You would have thought it was funny too but this was another level ;) About half way through we woke up a little bit more and it wasn't too bad. I'm getting buffer every time we go too ;) haha! We had some weekly planning to do today too! It was bem bonita la fora so we decided to head up to the roof for comp study and then get straight into weekly planning up there too. I did in fact get some color and it made my oh so happy! :) I miss the sun and I'm for sure gonna be soaking up as much as I can wherever I end up ;) Weekly planning was a little sad. We had to stop teaching some people because they're more interested in us and not the gospel. I don't know how to feel. Sister Parrish is very much "let's give em a week and if nothing happens let's call it" Don't get me wrong, I get it but at the same time I also don't wanna give up on these people. I don't know it's interesting and I really just want to help someone progress. All in the Lord's time though ;) How's your week been? I'm sad this week went by fast but also happy because that means I get to talk to you again here soon :) The moving elders also stopped by today because we asked for some bar stools. Our storage unit is freaking massive! Like almost like the work ones. When they came to drop em off they just walked on into our apartment! Sister Parrish and I both looked at eachother so confused! Like what the heck do we do?! It was freaking crazy. They also gave us some weird French book they found and they even signed it. I feel like that'll be some legend that stays here haha! It just made me realize how weird it was to have boys in our apartment, I've only lived with girls for 4 months. How crazy is that to think about? Anyways, that was my crazy story for the day haha! I hope you had the best day! I love you mom! ๐Ÿ’—
FRIDAY 
Hey hey hey! Can I just say how excited I am for the day I can go back to the temple?? There's more to come but I just had to say it :) Today was such a good day out here in the MBM! We had the first District Counsel of the 7 week transfer. It actually went super good and I'm way pumped to get to serve with all these elders. Elder Demars is a super quiet but he carries the Spirit and it's super cool to get to hear him talk about the church. Elder Hanchett it pretty quiet too but he's a sweetheart, we just need to get hum to loosen up a little bit, he's a transfer behind me too. That means I'm officially older than someone I've served with, freaking crazy!  Elder Arroyo is such a rad guy too. His story is way cool and he brings such a different perspective. Mom he even has tattoos! Also! The past like week everyone has been asking how long I've been out and they're always taken back. I feel like it's an MBM thing for sure to ask that question for sure. After DC we decided to head to Chick-fil-A for a little district lunch as a request from Elder Dawson before he dies in a week. It was actually so fun and I loved getting out of the apartment. We pretty much went straight from there to our IN PERSON lesson with Helmer. He's so awesome mom maybe even golden! We taught him the Restoration and man was the spirit so strong. Get this! I felt like I really needed to invite him to church, kinda crazy I know! But I did and he said YES! WHAT THE HECK?! It was nuts! We also had a super rad lesson about temples with our friend Annie. That's where the first part of this recap comes in ;) We sent her a video of the Rome, Italy temple tour but before we did we had to watch it to make sure ya know? The temple is something I've always loved but i never appreciated it enough ya know? I already want to make it a habit to go to the temple once a week when I come home, but man does my heart miss the temple! Also the Bride's room is seriously GORGEOUS in Italy! Anyways, it was such a good night and I love being a missionary :) That's all for tonight! I hope you had the best Friday and got to soak up some sun too ;) I love and miss you! ๐Ÿ’—
SATURDAY 
Today was literally the slowest haha! But yet still the end of the night I was so so tired! The bags under my eyes are 100% not desinger and I need to get it figured out haha! It just makes me realize all the late night I had before the mission haha! I don't think I'll ever take sleep for granted ;) Anyways, today was pretty slow, just a lot of contacts and a lot of area book work. We did have a super amazing miracle though! So we had this girl named Lerica that's 13 ish and Sister Pearson loved her but she never ever responded! It was super hard for us to even get into contact with her so we had to stop teaching her :/ Super sad and I didn't want to but Sister Parrish felt like we needed too. Well guess freaking what?! She sent us a text today! Seriously an answer to my prayers! Ahhh! She explained her whole situation and she wants to talk to us again :) it made my heart super feliz and I'm so beyond excited to just get to talk to her and teach her! Now here's what I've been holding in for about a transfer now.... before I say anything though, I LOVE the mission and I love being here and there's no other place I'd rather be. But man is Sister Parrish hard sometimes. She seems to be pretty annoyed at the littlest things but she also lacks major faith. She also just constantly says how slow this area is (duh she came from a Portuguese ward in the busiest city) I don't know it's been super hard to be positive about the work and find all the good when she's constantly saying something. She gets annoyed at our dots and literally wanted to stop teaching all of our friends and start new. Those are people! Yes they're slow to progress but that doesn't mean anything! It's their path and their time, they're people, not just dots in area book. I don't know it's been super hard this past week. I've found myself saying silent prayers pretty often to just get through the night sometimes. Don't get me wrong, I seriously love Sister Parrish and we get along great and have a lot in common but it's just something I've noticed this past transfer. Well thanks for coming to my feelings show haha! I'm super excited to get to be in contact with Lerica too:) She reminds me so so much of Brooklyn! I hope that we can stay in contact with her and help her! I hope you had the best day ever! It was pday after all ;) I love you forever! ๐Ÿ’—
SUNDAY 
Sunday's are always my most favorite days! I woke up a little sleepy though and I little down because of my feelings towards Sister Parrish and the area. The good news is that we had church today and I was able to get some answers that I didn't even know I needed. Get this too! We have this awesome friend, Helmer, (who said he would come to church!)Well we sent him the address and I guess he was there but because our church building is just a warehouse he didn't think it was a church and went back home. How sad is that?! It's okay though because he said he would come next week :) Today in church we went over a talk from the Priesthood Session of General Conference this past April. One thing that I absolutely LOVED was when it was talking about our battles with Satan. We already overcame Satan once by choosing to be on 'God's side' if you will. We won and gained our bodies and this amazing opportunity to be here and experience life. Here on this earth we have the constant battle against Satan every single day, but we ALREADY overcame him once, why not again? I've never thought about it like that and I loved it haha! After church we made some quick little oreo balls and made a list of friends that needed a little TLC. We took some to Helmer and he freaking loved it haha! He sent us all these texts and even put it on Facebook haha! Then the miracle of Lerica! She's the one from yesterday ;) We took her some and she was so excited to see us! She kept giving us hugs and saying thank you. When she gave me a hug though she reminded me so so much of Brooklyn. She's 13 and she's about her height too so it just all fit together. It low-key made me miss her not gonna lie haha!  We came back and finished the night off with an English class. When we were getting ready for our journal writing the elders knocked on our door. Elder Holverson and Elder Mons were fubeca and Holverson came to our area so his comp could get a haircut from Elder Burdick. Not my choice but theirs, anyways we talked for a minute and then actually finished up our night haha! This week has gone by so fast but it has also been just long enough ya know?  I hope you had the best Sunday and that all went well with Relief Society! I know you're gonna kill it and that they'll love you! And if they don't (kinda weird but whatever!) I sure love you๐Ÿ’—

Popular posts from this blog

Mom's Talk: Sunday, July 10, 2022

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom