Phone Call with Your Momma: Monday, June 28, 2021

Wowza....it has been a week-ish around here. We had a new Elder set apart so technically we had another bonus call with Sister Garcia being able to call in and be a part of that. I know he totally loved and appreciated that and I know it made President Johnson smile to see Sister Garcia on the screen as well while he was here.

Our call today was spent a lot on how Elder Garcia is doing. How is his language study going? How is he holding up? I finally had to break down a little on some feelings, some discussions, share that there were tears had, and ask Sister Garcia for prayers on Elder Garcia's behalf alongside those of ours here at home. It is so different between these two kiddos of mine and I don't ever want to compare but it hard not to. I am working on this and trusting in the Lord that He will help with some peace on my heart and also on the hearts of those around. 

I filled Sister Garcia in on the status of my new calling...you know the Relief Society President one. We laugh at it together and I love that she has a calling in the Relief Society in Rhode Island as the Secretary. Just does not seem like either of us are old enough. I know she sure isn't but I want to believe I am not either! 

Sister Garcia has found a new friend named Helmer. (Yep, Helmer) She calls him 'Golden'. She had an opportunity to meet him and teach him the Restoration. Here is my favorite part about these video chats...you can SEE the Spirit just resonating through her. She lights up brighter than the sunshine in the hottest time of the day in the middle of the sky!!! Sister Garcia said that while they were teaching Helmer the Spirit was so strong and she just relished in the moment. They invited him to come to church and he totally agreed which was pretty much the icing on the cake for that moment. The only sad part is that when he got to church on Sunday (and it is just a warehouse) he was sure he was in the wrong spot and he went home. Bummer deal! But...Sister Garcia and Sister Parrish were in touch with him and told him he was actually where he was supposed to be and invited him to try again next week. I want to feel good about him just out of pure love of his name. :) 

Transfers were also this week. Since Sister Garcia and Sister Parrish are staying they really had no reason to drive in BUT most of her first companions/trainers are heading home plus all of her Herriman High friends would be there that she wanted to say hey to so her and Sister Parrish 'joined' a last minute choir to sing to Pres and Sister Mav since they are leaving. That meant she had to be there for transfers and it worked out good for her to have some social part of life back plus from the sounds of some struggles, a good break to add others to the mix instead of just Sister Parrish.

Sister Garcia is getting bored with her wardrobe so today while I was messaging with her she asked for a video of her closet. She needs me to send some contacts but I guess wanted to take a quick glance at her closet on the off chance that anything struck her fancy. I am not pulling anything to add to a box so I am going to go with a no. Funny and sad all at the same time. We talked about how epic the shopping trip will be when she comes home. I am certain she will leave all the dresses and skirts she has behind before heading home (and I am so good with that) so she will never have to wear them again and then we will go and find new stuff that she will like and that will be fresh and 'normal' rather than something she has worn consistently for the last 18 months of her life day in and day out. I don't know about her but I can't wait! 

Sister Garcia is learning more and more each day about herself and where her strengths are and also where some weakness lies. She is working on those daily and is trying to be more mindful in all the things. She has such a love for missionary work and for the Gospel. She loves being able to put her badge on each morning, even on the hard days when she says she doesn't feel worthy of it, and she loves knowing she is on the Lords time doing His work. She misses home but she knows she is right where she needs to be. And as much as I miss her, I couldn't agree more.

I love you for forever. Until next week,

Missionary Momma
 

Popular posts from this blog

Mom's Talk: Sunday, July 10, 2022

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom