Week 21 Email: The One With Donut Day!
From: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Monday, June 7, 2021
Subject: The One With Donut Day!
Oi gente! Tudo bem?!
I
hope you all had a fantastic Memorial Day and have been enjoying the
wonderful weather :) The weather here kinda reminds me of Utah a little
bit, one day it's a little rainy and cold and the next it's so hot and
humid. Keeps us on our toes for sure! This week was a little crazy so I
hope you enjoy some highlights! :)
-
Sister Parrish and I went to an Asian Market and man was it crazy! It
was so cool to see everything but we couldn't read a single thing haha!
-
We had a huge mission wide meeting and starting June 13th things are
slowly going to start opening up! We don't have a ton of details but we
will be able to do in person lessons and possibly eat with them as well
:) There's still a lot to be figured out but things are opening!
- Things in Rhode Island are opening as well and this week at service we didn't have to wear a mask! BÊNÇÃO!
- It was National Donut Day, so of course we went to the nearest Dunkin and got a donut to celebrate:)
-
We had Zone Training! It's always so so fun to get to see everyone and
talk about everything going on. We also had to give a training, my very
first training on the mission, super crazy!
- We
had in person second hour church! Not gonna lie, I was a little nervous
because I've never been to a full session of church in portugues. It was
so amazing though and our members are THE sweetest people I've ever met
:)
Spiritual Thought
My
thought this week comes straight from Zone Training! One thing that we
do is the departing missionaries give their testimonies one last time.
One of the thoughts that just kept running through my head is, 'He's
real'. As I sat there and listened to all these amazing missionaries
bear witness of their love for their Savior and their time for the past
18 months/2 years, all I could think was how amazing this gospel is! The
Savior is not just some man that is so beyond our reach. The Savior can
be our very best friend, He is my very best friend. He is so real and I
can't imagine my life without Him. And next time anyone thinks that the
Savior of the world has forgotten about them or that He doesn't seem
real and attainable, look at the sky, look at your friends, look all
around you. Everything around us is the Savior showing Himself to us and
reaching out to let us know, He is real and here with us :)
Thank
you all for taking the time to read my emails every week, especially
when they're super long haha! I wish you all the best week and go enjoy
the summer! Até mais! Amo vocês muito!
Com mucho amor,
Sister Garcia
Fotos!
-National Donut Day!
-Super cute Sister Parrish made me breakfast one day :)
-Sister Parrish and me
-He is Real!
![]() |
| National Donut Day! |
![]() |
Super cute Sister Parrish made me breakfast one day :) |
![]() |
| Sister Parrish and me |
![]() |
| He is Real! |



