Week 22 Email: The One With Paper Area Book
From: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Monday, June 14, 2021
Subject: The One With Paper Area Book
Oi gente!
How are
you guys?! This week absolutely flew by! I feel like time is just
getting quicker and quicker I swear. How am I already at 5 months?! I'm
telling ya, mission time isn't like regular time. We had some pretty
amazing miracles this week as well! If you wanna know more, feel free to
email me ;) I hope you enjoy this week's highlights!
- We celebrated Sister Parrish's birthday!! We even pulled out our baking skills and made a pretty cute little cake ;)
-
We did a temple tour with one of our friends! It was so cool to see the
São Paulo missionaries too, missionaries are just super rad, but I'm a
little biased
- Sister Parrish and I got quite the
workout in at service moving furniture haha! All I have to say is that I
felt like the freaking hulk!
- We found our paper
Area Book here! Before technology was really big on missions everything
was kept on paper (obviously) well since technology has become big,
they put them all online. But we had a few questions and after some
digging found the paper copies! It was super cool to see the work from
other missionaries here :)
- We had a huge miracle
with one of our friends, CiCi! Hopefully the spirit will continue to
work on her and she'll be able to progress even more!
-
We FINALLY went to church without masks this week! I can not begin to
tell you how happy it made me to see everyone's faces! All the irmãs
came up and were hugging us and just were the CUTEST!
Spiritual Thought
Recently
I've restarted the Book of Mormon! Let me tell ya, that book is too
good :) While I was reading in 2 Nephi 4 it hit me that the Lord is the
same, He always has been! The same Lord thay helped Nephi break the
bands Laman and Lemual used, the same Lord that helped Nephi's family
through the wilderness, the same Lord that showed him how to build a
boat, is the SAME Lord today. How crazy is that?! Yes the Book of Mormon
stories are stories, but the Lord is REAL! He truly can do anything and
everything if we just have faith in him and keep the commandments. So
my question is, why would we ever question the Lord when He has shown us
time and time again how merciful and powerful He is?
Thank
you all for taking the time to read my emails! I know summer has
officially started and you have so many other things to be doing;) Feel
free to email me too! Let me know if there's anything at all that I can
do for you guys :) Have the best week and know that I love you! Beijos!
Com muito amor,
Sister Garcia
Fotos!
- Some super fun glasses for Sister Parrish's birthday!
- Church without a mask!
- Some super cute bread (tatarugas!) that Elder Sode made for us :)
- A HUGE bolo that sweet Irmã Fatima made for us haha!
- Exchanges!
![]() |
| Elder Sode bread |
![]() |
| No Mask at Church!! |
![]() |
| Fun glasses |
![]() |
| Holy bolo Batman! |
![]() |
| Exchanges |




