To: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
From: Mom
Subject: Happy 4th of July!!
Hey! What a week!! I am going to just dive in but know I love you and
hope you have had a great week. I cannot wait to hear from you on
Monday. Also, I cannot wait to hear if you have had time to work on your
tie dye tees yet?
Monday ended with Brooklyn and friends off in Cutlers golf cart. I tell
ya? She is going to leave her mark on all of Herriman before too long.
She gets out and gets around. If it isn’t our golf cart it’s Cutlers and
man do they get around. I love it. Anyways, she was told to be home by
9pm but instead she called and said that they were at the park on
Emmeline and a kid got hit by a car! He was on an electric scooter and B
said that they had just barely waved to him a couple of minutes before.
Anyways, they were ‘stuck’ and couldn’t get the golf cart out of the
way because of all of the first responders that had shown up. I made she
was okay and then Tyler and I kept playing our game of pool with
Banning and Jaime. But then..life flight totally hovers over the
backyard and heads to the park! Thankfully the kids were able to get the
golf cart moved and on its way home. When B got home she said she had a
small stomachache because of the amount of blood that she saw on his
face. I felt so bad for her! Anyways rumor has it that it was the kids
fault because he just took off in front of the car that hit him. Doesn’t
make it anything I can undo for Brooklyn but it was a nice lesson for
all of the kids to be mindful all the time they are out and about. So
scary!!
Tuesday was just a day of sunshine so of course that meant teenagers
swimming here. Which I am totally okay with other than it means I am
stuck at home until they are finished so there is an adult. Knew it
going into having a pool but it shows up and I don’t love that part. 🤣
the MTC was better today. It still proves to be harder than I think he
wants but he is working hard and things are starting to fall into place a
little more here and there I think.
Wednesday I went to lunch with Lindsey Wright and wow. She has a super
twisted idea of how people’s homes work. She has clearly been told some
crap about Banning from Jaime and I sat for a good while listening to
what a piece of garbage he is and how she if she was Jaime she would
have left a long time ago.
I
was shocked to say the least but it reminded me to keep all of my life
close and not share anything with either her or Jaime. Wowza. We also
had our first presidency meeting and guess what??? Akaela showed up
which means she was open to take the calling! I was so thrilled and it
seems like we can maybe actually pull this off. We will see
Thursday we decided to take the boat to Deer Creek. Just me and Tyler
but it was fine because Katherine Chelius was there with her girls and
we picked them up for a bit and let the girls tube. It was fun to be
able to do something different for her that I know she isn’t able to do
right now for them. Fun to see the smiles for sure.
Friday we headed to Oakley after the MTC classes were done. Sad note…the
diner is closed. Permanently!!! I don’t know details but it is no
longer and option so The Polar King it is from now on. Seriously so sad.
It was pretty late when we got up there dealing with holy cow so much
traffic so we all called it a night and slept well.
Saturday was fun. We had Chad and Julie over with almost all their kids.
We just did a bbq lunch and the kids played. Tyler got the paddle
boards snd a couple tubes for the pregnant girls to sit in to cool off
and Chad took Harper for a ride. The water is so so low so easy enough.
Well, Chad was on the paddle board and Tyler tossed the paddle to him.
Well, he missed and all of a sudden he is bleeding not just from the
corner of his eye but on his nose too! Holy crapola!! Anyways, by the
time we got him cleaned up, some ice on it to reduce the fat swelling
that showed up super fast, and the grandkids settled (they didn’t love
that he was hurt), they decided to pack up and head out. They had been
here for almost 4 hours so it was time on all accounts. I’m glad they
made it over but I feel horrible about the paddle situation.
Also, did you know Harpers mom is having another baby?!!
The rodeo was fun. I would love to see this become a tradition for sure.
And the fireworks at the end were a great end to a holiday weekend.
Even though tomorrow is the 4th. Brooklyn texted her friends all night
while keeping an eye on the rodeo stuff & I don’t know what to do
with the Elder…busy texting Alaina the whole time. When I asked who he
was busy texting he of course said ‘my district’ but I saw different snd
I don’t know what to do. I realize it is his choice but it clearly
isn’t mission rules and I am tempted to take a phone away for the
remainder of the MTC. It is clearly a distraction. Ugh…so hard!
I’m headed down home tomorrow to drop Christian at home so he can MTC at
home on Monday instead of at the cabin and we are also picking up Jada
to come stay the night and go to the parade Monday morning. We will hang
out and do dinner and then stop in for Annie’s ice cream social she is
putting together
and then we will head home. As I type this I keep having the thought
that I will just have Christian do the MTC at the cabin for Monday.
There is no reason for him to be home. He has his laptop, the WiFi
works…I guess if he needs materials I can grab them when I stop down for
Jada.
Life is staying busy here. Sometimes too busy but I wouldn’t want to be
bored so I guess I won’t complain. Brooklyn is ruling summer with
friends, seriously coming and going all the time. Plans every single
day. It is fun to watch her. Not going to lie. Tyler is planning hunting
and fishing trips, looking for reasons to be in Oakley, still trying to
decide if Lake Powell will be a go for him and B this year or not, and
always going 100 miles an hour. Christian is doing MTC stuff and got his
visa. Starting to feel real but then I am dealing with this girl stuff
which frustrates me.
I marked on my calendar for October 1 to get rodeo tickets for next
year. I wonder if you will have made it home by then or not so I will
most definitely count one for you just to be safe.
I love and miss you. Can’t wait to hear how this week has been for you and to just see your face and smile.
Love you for forever. To the moon and back,
Mom
 |
|
Tyler looks like he is going to eat the both of us! |
 |
|
Brooklyn playing with her friends and we jumped in on them. |
 |
|
A freaking ZEBRA at the rodeo!!! 🦓 |
 |
|
Dinner of champions…churros. 🤦🏻♀️ |
 |
|
Guess who drove us to the rodeo tonight?!? |
 |
|
The paddle won. |
 |
|
It was warm but for a pregnant lady I am sure even warmer. |
 |
|
Hanging out |
 |
|
Harper…she wouldn’t talk to you. She told me she already sent you a video and she didn’t need to do to again. |
 |
|
I visited with a sister at the temple this week. Couldn’t leave without snapping this photo |
 |
|
Update on the kid who got hit |
 |
|
Swim party for Brooklyn and friends |