To: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
From: Mom
Date: Sunday, July 11, 2021
Subject: 6 months!! 1/3 of your mission!!
I have sat here now for almost 10 minutes with the cursor flashing on
the subject line of this email trying to come up with something that
will encompass just what this week was all about but then decided I
would just jump into catching you up and maybe while I am doing that it
will come to me of what to add there. Who knows? We will both be
surprised maybe.
Monday we finished up at the cabin with getting it closed down to come
home. We had the ice cream social at Annie's which was hilariously fun.
Tyler and I were the youngest there by probably at least 15 years! But
it was so kind of Annie to not just put it together but to also include
us in the invite. Annie is a nut job but she is so dear and kind that
you can't help but love her. She was sure Jada was Brooklyn's twin and
that somewhere along the line I failed to mention that. She was sure
Christian was not the same young man who brought over chicken noodle
soup but that again I must have not been totally honest with her because
he doesn't look like the same boy who stopped food over. :) I seriously
just smiled and shared the truth and loved every minute of it. The rest
of the neighbors were so kind and so happy that we moved in and bought
the cabin because it appears Annie is not alone in disliking the
previous owners.
On Tuesday I slept in for the first time in like seriously forever. I
slept until 8 but it was nice! I had plenty of errands to run and with
the holiday taking over Monday it definitely made me feel like I was WAY
behind in all of what I needed to do. We have a neighbor who after
getting the second dose of the vaccine ended up downhill. Hard. Like now
needs full 24 hour care, has some paralysis, etc. Not an active member
but a member - by choice- but friendly with some neighbors who asked
permission to reach out to the ward. Anyways, Tyler and I ran over as
neighbors to drop some dinner off and check in, introduce ourselves, and
offer any help if needed. He was very kind and receiving. Grateful. I
left a note that had my name and number in it along with that I am the
RS President. (I also went ahead and included Jason Miller's info too!).
I got the nicest text from him the next day just saying how thankful he
and his wife were and how nice it was to have so many people rallying
around them and for the support and show of love and friendship. Maybe
this is just what they need in order to see that for whatever reason
they left coming to church, this will be enough to maybe encourage them
to give us a try again.
Wednesday I had a few appointments and felt like I lived in my car.
Everytime I would pull in the garage I swear I was pulling back out 10
minutes later. Not a huge deal but I sure don't love driving and days
like this reminded me of it pretty much really quick. I got a lot done
and I felt accomplished at the end but it was just a lot of go go go.
Thursday we decided to run to the cabin to mow the lawn and take care of
a piece of metal that was in the grass still sticking up from when
Tyler installed/planted the new trees. It was just the two of us which I
had hoped would give the two kids here a chance to spend some time
together. It didnt' work out because Christian was annoyed that I texted
Alaina (which means he is spending plenty of time with her on the
facebook messenger app since I have his phone) and the attitudes here
kept them apart. B stayed upstairs and he never came upstairs the whole
night she said. So frustrating. Anyways, we decided late to run up the
canyon to see if any baby deer were running around yet. We instead got
met with 6 moose, 2 of them babies, plenty of buck and doe deers, a
couple of baby deers, some grouse running across the dirt road, a couple
of elk, and of course the freaking BEAR! It was the craziest thing
ever. He was close to the side of the road and by the time Tyler slammed
on the brakes (literally. My head did a huge jerk back and forth) and I
got my camera out realizing what it was he was off in the trees but
still enough that the video was awesome. We drove around the bend and I
got out of the car to walk down a lane there by a cabin to see if I
could get better video as he came out of the trees but it all happened
so fast. He made an appearance and before I could really get myself and
my phone together he was heading into the next patch of trees. Seriously
the coolest thing. Tyler and I had just said too that we had pretty
much seen most everything that made sense in Utah to see. He has only
seen one other bear in all of his hunting and he was telling me that he
doubts we will ever really see a bear. Then we totally did. He was just
as dumbfounded as I was! It was hilarious. Anyways, after chatting with
some neighbors I guess there have been bear sightings in town and into
Kamas this year. Can you imagine?? I wonder if we will ever see any on
the ring cameras...I am going to have to keep a closer eye on those
notifications.
Friday I hung in the pool for a little bit. Alone. The 13 year old likes
to night swim more than day swim plus she can drive the golf cart all
over in the daytime hours and not in the nighttime hours which I am sure
plays into it as well. Tyler and I went to dinner with the Millers (to
this horrible place that I am so okay if we never go back but it was
what Jason wanted to try for his birthday dinner). Akaela and I came
back to the house and hung out on the deck while Tyler and Jason went
down to work to unload a machine that showed up unplanned and then they
joined us afterwards. We visited until just after 11 and then they
headed home. Only Tyler was waiting on the trail for them because they
were walking down the hill and he jumped out and scared the crap right
out of Akaela! It was so funny. She literally sat down on the ground she
was so scared! I am pretty certain she may have peed a little and that
is why she sat down but so so funny.
Saturday I went in to see if my botox gone bad could be remedied and
decided I would let time do its thing instead. So now when I laugh or
smile it just looks like I am strokin out. :/ Whatever, it is what it
is. Then I had a full day of run around with Christian. I needed to get a
pair of church shoes to add to his sandals after reading some of the
blogs and then we headed to Traverse Mountain to do some baby shopping
for all of Julie's babies coming (Harper is getting a baby sister btw),
stopped at Hobby Lobby for a few things for my lesson on Sunday in
Relief Society, we headed to the grocery store, and by then I had a
RAGING headache so we pulled into Fizz and I got myself a fat old Mtn
Dew. (it didn't help much but it was worth a shot). Once we got home I
got some stuff put together for Relief Society and then down to clean up
and uncover pool furniture. Tyler invited the Millers and Stephens over
for dinner (pizza) and pool and B had her friends (Jada, Cutler,
Lincoln) over. About an hour into everyone here I texted Cutler and
Lincoln's Mom's and invited them over so by the end of the night we had a
FULL house and it was totally fine. Other than Jaime getting all weird
and jealous and angry but that is just normal Jaime so whatever. We
stayed up way too late and I had ward council this morning at 8:30am
that hurt pretty bad to be up and moving for. I haven't been up and
ready for church that early in a LONG time. I am up but not church
ready!
I am getting set apart this afternoon before church and then I have my
soda pop/chocolate bar/get to know you game playing lesson planned for
Relief Society. Christian went with a friend to a farewell, and Brooklyn
is going to go to Young Womens for the first time ever since Saunie is
no longer there and Andrea Vickers is. I think Tyler is going to head to
Wyoming after church to backpack into an area he drew out for hunting
to see what he can see and then he will be home so we can get ready to
leave for Lake Powell on Friday. (I'll fill you in on that when we chat
if it works out) This next week is full with dinner going to the Payne's
(they had their new baby boy last week), I get to go to the temple on
Tuesday (you also hit 6 freaking months!!!), I have a presidency meeting
on Wednesday, taking dinner to the Girsbergers, and there is a cookie
social that Natalie invited me to that I really would love to try and
figure out how to get to, Thursday is final prep day before Lake Powell
and then it is already Friday. We aren't staying the whole week and will
be home the 22nd so we can head to the cabin with the Millers on the 23
for the holiday weekend (and so Tyler, Jason, and Christian can play in
the Rose horseshoe tournament). The craziest of all of this is when we
get home on the 25th, Christian will literally only have one week left
before he leaves! Time is flying by so freaking fast for both of you
guys!
I better hit send. Still no subject line. But I better get dinner
figured out & some excedrin too. I love love you and miss you
oodles.
To the moon and back
Mom
 |
|
Plan of salvation image I saw and loved. |
 |
|
Relief society ala Jen … |
 |
|
Relief society ala Jen … |
 |
|
The happy bird makes an appearance!!! 🤣 |